Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2010, 07:19 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Isnt that part of the problem? Isn't that part of the change Obama promised? What did he say? No more business as usual. No more of the old ways. Change?????
You've never seen a presidential campaign before, have you?

I remember when Bush was promising fiscal restraint and smaller government, and we got record deficits and a bureaucratic albatross known as the Department of Homeland Security that made marginally functional agencies (e.g. FEMA) completely useless.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2010, 07:21 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,326,163 times
Perception is reality, and the perception is that Obama has attempted to take on way too much in his first year, and all the wrong things on top of that.

Health care reform, while important, was not at the top of the list of concerns among americans. Jobs and economy was/are. Other than a failed stimulus, Obama has not made jobs/economy a priority.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:12 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maskedman View Post
That doesn't make it a good thing. You can do a lot of good and you can do a lot of damage. Quantity does not equal quality.
What spin! The RW says "Obama has accomplished nothing" and is proven wrong, then they say "quantity does not equal quality".

Old 01-16-2010, 09:04 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Newsweek.

The same rat hole that said that Clinton was not committing adultery?

The same rat hole who said it was none of our business what the President does on her personal time?

Newsweek!

Wonder if Obama got to them to at least get something positive out there because every other media outlet is showing how big of a failure he has been.

Part of communism is controlling the media and message.

Bet they got some of our stimulus money in trade for this lie.

OK, Mods you can close this thread now. The radicals are bringing in the spam by the truck load.

Thanks

Old 01-16-2010, 10:07 AM

745 posts, read 1,438,196 times
Quote:
Newsweek? The same same Newsweek who's editor proclaimed Obama a god?
Anything they put out is highly suspect.
Exactly! Probably the MOST Liberal publication in existence. Why not just quote the Huffington Post as if it is objective.

Analogy:
"BREAKING NEWS..... Rush Limbaugh favors the job Republican Politicains are doing"

Old 01-16-2010, 10:23 AM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,449 times
Considering the huge majorities he has in congress what is the point of this article? It would be a shock if he wasn't passing legislation at a record clip, this is especially true since Obama rarely voted anything but party line as a Senator and the party seems to be following him right off the cliff.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:28 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcnyc View Post
Exactly! Probably the MOST Liberal publication in existence. Why not just quote the Huffington Post as if it is objective.
Really? And if the same data was presented by FOX "News" would you then believe it? After all, Newsweek did not conduct the study, they only reported it. Hellllooooooooo,. Anyone hoooooomeee. Apperently not.

Enough of this childishness. If mods are OK keeping this spam mine open, then that is their call. I'm done here. Four pages of off-topic bull-**** and no-one bothered to address the topic.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:34 AM

119 posts, read 197,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
The first part of the article puts it perfectly, and only amplifies what I've been saying all year, addressing the contradictory nature of these attacks:
How is that joke anything other than funny? It isn't logical to think that both of the concerns can't be valid.

Bad food and small portions are legit complaints. If you thought the food was bad because it was too cheesy but wanted to recommend it to a friend because they like cheesy food wouldn't it be wise to tell them the portions were too small?

I don't even pretend to know all of the laws these morons have gotten through in the last year but I will just make a list of made up ones to illustrate something.

1. Funds for ballerina amputees.
2. Funds for building walls to keep wild sheep out of downtown Boise.
3. Funds to help blind doctors perform breast augmentations.
4. Funds to help hummingbirds locate hummingbird feeders via GPS.

If these were real measures that Obama wanted and got passed would it matter to 99 percent of the population of this country. NOPE.

I think Obama should be more interested in his approval rating as it is the people who elected him. FOR SOME STUPID REASON.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:43 AM

745 posts, read 1,438,196 times
Quote:
Really? And if the same data was presented by FOX "News" would you then believe it? After all, Newsweek did not conduct the study, they only reported it. Hellllooooooooo,. Anyone hoooooomeee. Apperently not.

Enough of this childishness. If mods are OK keeping this spam mine open, then that is their call. I'm done here. Four pages of off-topic bull-**** and no-one bothered to address the topic.
Why are you getting testy? You quoted a Newsweek article saying Obama has accomplished a ton in his 1st year. How did you expect people to respond? In my opinion, Newsweek is BLATANTLY Liberal, so it is my feeling that this article saying Obama is doing a great job is biased. Look at recent Newsweek covers. Can you honestly tell me this is not a liberal based magazine?

why are you so uptight about varying opinions and asking the Moderator to shut this down? The thread replies are mild IMO. This is what message boards are.

Old 01-16-2010, 10:49 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
"Stealth Success"?

Hilarious!!

The lengths the Leftist pundits will go to convince somebody, anybody, that obama's record is not that bad is amazing.

Desperation time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies