Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 11:20 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times

Advertisements

Quote:
What Rush Limbaugh said is still a lie.
How can a question be a lie?

You've been duped again by the liberal talking points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 11:38 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,272,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I see you're ignoring my questions.

Figures you wouldn't get the point.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:37 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,418,501 times
Quote:
Asking a question that puts what they know to be an untrue thought into listeners minds is a hallmark of the right wing pundits. Beck is the best at it. Fox News does it regularly, even in some of the news coverage. For instance, Beck infamous "question" about FEMA internment camps. He "asked" if they were real and promised an investigation. He knew damn well it wasn't real when he did the piece -- he's not that stupid and neither are his producers. But he "asked" the question anyway. He got to rouse the rabble with a lie but had the ability to deny that he made the claim.

Just another way to dupe the sheep.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:42 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,874,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagran View Post
Asking a question that puts what they know to be an untrue thought into listeners minds is a hallmark of the right wing pundits. Beck is the best at it. Fox News does it regularly, even in some of the news coverage. For instance, Beck infamous "question" about FEMA internment camps. He "asked" if they were real and promised an investigation. He knew damn well it wasn't real when he did the piece -- he's not that stupid and neither are his producers. But he "asked" the question anyway. He got to rouse the rabble with a lie but had the ability to deny that he made the claim.

Just another way to dupe the sheep.
So issues you disagree with should not be brought up for discussion?

The distrust of obama/WH is a legitimate issue that millions of Americans ponder - asking a question about the issue is engaging in discussion.

Definitely not a lie. Millions of people have the same thought about trusting propaganda that comes from the WH.

Old 01-17-2010, 10:48 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,418,501 times
Quote:
So issues you disagree with should not be brought up for discussion?
Is that suppose to be a question? Questions begin with "Do" not "So". Don't make a statement, add a ? then expect me to respond as if I made that statement.

Old 01-17-2010, 11:32 AM

46,889 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
I suggest you ask Glenn Beck what really happened in 1990. He loves the "I'm just asking" BS method - or did, until it was turned on him.

Let me try..

Am I the only one worried that some right-wing posters on this forum engage in white slavery to support their crystal meth habit? Hey, it's only a question!

Old 01-19-2010, 04:18 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,151,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Very true. He even said himself that he enjoys playing the media like a finely tuned violin or some such bs. THIS is what he does... he says something borderline controversial and then the media, blogs, message boards, etc. run with it and up, up, up go his ratings. It's all a game and everyone here is playing it.

Heh, heh, heh...that pretty much sums it up. 'Scuse me while I tune up my Stradavarius. Sorry, I need a 12 step program for sarcasm, but seriously, this guy knows exactly what he's doing.

Unfortunately, he's very dangerous because for those who live their lives in sound bites (on both sides of the political isle btw) the whole truth never is found out, and opinions (usually very angry ones) are formed with about half the information needed.

It's pretty sad IMHO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies