Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2010, 07:48 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,945,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The means of politicizing this tragedy by Republicans dwarf any attempt at the hands of a Democrat. This entire forum is a prime example.
You must be blind.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:58 PM

871 posts, read 3,018,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I was unaware Obama got the job done.

Smoke and mirrors yet AGAIN from you. I was not talking about Obama. I was talking about your posted news item, which included the fact that Bush admitted his administration's failure to respond properly. You twist words, do not admit your errors, and chase your own tail.

I did not allude to Obama's response, which is far better and not yet fully in place. You type fast, think slow.

Bush was still adding troops nine (9) days after Katrina. Admits it was not enough. Other posters besides me are posting the same, but you still deny.

Republicon trait.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
VERY FIRST SENTENCE ON THIS THREAD

Ahh no.. i'm more than happy to discuss the military personnel on the ground, or lack of in this case.. I only brought up aid works in response to individuals claiming how difficult it is to get people there to help. Somehow these aid works managed but the larges country in the world with unlimited resources can only provide excuses..

Bush had 100 times as many military personnel by this time than Obama.. but shhh dont tell people..

Lie.

Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,073,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
You must be blind.
I'm blind am I?

Walmart alone donates $600,000 to Haiti

Obama assistance in Haiti worse than Bushs in LA

Did Sean Penn and John Kerry head down to Haiti?

Clinton Bush team up

Obama says US stands with Haiti, pledges $100M aid; will he apologize for the US while giving the aid

Pat Robertson believes Haiti earthquake is epic revenge

News, Rush Limbaugh: Don't Donate to Haiti Victims.

Is anyone tired of the Haiti media coverage?

and pearls of wisdom like this:

Quote:
Instead of a 7.0 earthquake in Haiti which is a very poor nation in which most people probably wish they could afford anything with tires, couldn't there be a big one in CA that dumps uber-liberal, nanny government proponents into the ocean, never to be seen or heard from again?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:02 PM

1,319 posts, read 1,617,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloyfan View Post
Smoke and mirrors yet AGAIN from you. I was not talking about Obama. I was talking about your posted news item, which included the fact that Bush admitted his administration's failure to respond properly. You twist words, do not admit your errors, and chase your own tail.

I did not allude to Obama's response, which is far better and not yet fully in place. You type fast, think slow.

Bush was still adding troops nine (9) days after Katrina. Admits it was not enough. Other posters besides me are posting the same, but you still deny.

Republicon trait.
Truer words were never spoken!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:20 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Quote:

Republicon trait.
Thats not even CLOSE to what you said..
Quote:
Which couldn't get the job done.
You can now spin your response into something other than what you meant, which was that Obama got the job done and Bush didnt. Yes, Bush was still adding troops 9 days later, why wouldnt he? Why wouldnt he send in 100,000 if thats what was needed? Where in the world have I denied that he was still sending more? I judged where he was FIVE days after Katrina.. Its YOU who changed the subject to 9 days later, as if Obama if planning to Bush even 9 days out because he's not..
Quote:
Lie.
What part is a LIE? Really GIVE ME FACTS.. What did I LIE about? You are making the claim, can you back it up?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:24 PM

Um, most of the threads you listed are liberals making attacks against conservatives, or arent even attacks at all. I mean seriously, a link about Sean Penn?
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
The means of politicizing this tragedy by Republicans dwarf any attempt at the hands of a Democrat. This entire forum is a prime example.
You found a few Republican postings, most of these arent though.. but do you want to look for the politicizing of 911, or Katrina and see how many threads you find to compare? Of course you dont want to do that!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubbleRules View Post
Truer words were never spoken!!!
Yet another posting of yours which contributes absolutely positively nothing.. Thanks for sharing!!!

Old 01-16-2010, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Thats not even CLOSE to what you said..

You can now spin your response into something other than what you meant, which was that Obama got the job done and Bush didnt. Yes, Bush was still adding troops 9 days later, why wouldnt he? Why wouldnt he send in 100,000 if thats what was needed? Where in the world have I denied that he was still sending more? I judged where he was FIVE days after Katrina.. Its YOU who changed the subject to 9 days later, as if Obama if planning to Bush even 9 days out because he's not..

What part is a LIE? Really GIVE ME FACTS.. What did I LIE about? You are making the claim, can you back it up?

Certainly! Last I heard, (and I have been watching more football than not today) is at least 2000 Marines in country on Thursday (at the latest) and what 3500 more by now? And 6500 more by Monday? So, Bush had 100X more in place by now is a LIE. Please say otherwise and we'll both know who's crazy.

Obama has not finished with his orderly, intelligent response.

I also said the troops in N.O. had not got the job done by day 6, 7, 8 or 9. Standing FACT. YOU twist, and it seems I am getting to you now. Need a Kleenex?

Old 01-16-2010, 08:34 PM

5,340 posts, read 4,427,425 times
Yet another thread that has gone the way of personal attacks, off topic posts and snarky bickering.

This thread is serving no useful purpose so it is closed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies