U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-16-2010, 07:19 PM

64 posts, read 43,436 times
It's just going to bankrupt American and leave us a third world country paying for all those unhealthy fatties that don't take care of themselves. We pauper ourselves to that delusion, and people just drink it in.

Mark my words, they will reap what they sow when that passes when in a decade we will be envying Haiti's wealth.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2010, 07:21 PM

68,440 posts, read 56,924,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post
It's just going to bankrupt American and leave us a third world country paying for all those unhealthy fatties that don't take care of themselves. We pauper ourselves to that delusion, and people just drink it in.

Mark my words, they will reap what they sow when that passes when in a decade we will be envying Haiti's wealth.
You have never been to a third world country if you can say that. There's no comparison. None.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:25 PM

64 posts, read 43,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
You have never been to a third world country if you can say that. There's no comparison. None.
We will all know soon enough with these policies that push us deeper in the morass of debt, won't we?

Old 01-16-2010, 07:26 PM

6,183 posts, read 2,161,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They have spent and wasted an entire year on HC and still have nothing worth messing with.
And Obama even stated it wouldn't be in full use until around 2013.

Quote:
They kinda forgot that jobs and the economy were the most important issues.
And they've passed dozen of pieces of legislation aimed at putting money in lower working class people's pockets.

Quote:
It took Obama 10 months to even say the word jobs. Now, almost 1 year later he finally spoke the words education which was a big deal of his campaign.
When you have a 2-front war and the worst economy since the 1930's, I'd imagine the president would have bigger worries than his choice of words.

Quote:
They have totally screwed up everything from day one.
Things were already screwed up day one.

Quote:
With total control, an open fake checkbook and I dont care what you think attitude they could have at least found ways to create some jobs so people would not have lost their homes in record numbers.
And people were already losing their homes and jobs before Obama took office.

Quote:
Sad they allowed this to happen while they work on a scam HC bill that only helps a small group of people.
People who have a difficult time affording health care are a very significant portion of America. These people have a hard enough time finding jobs, God forbid they have to pay every penny they make to keep their families healthy.

Quote:
They will pay for their mistakes in time and Obama will get the total blame for it all.
Keep dreaming.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinsky View Post

Nobody likes a drama queen.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:36 PM

11,502 posts, read 7,982,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
And Obama even stated it wouldn't be in full use until around 2013.

Wow, lets wait and use it when it means nothing.

And they've passed dozen of pieces of legislation aimed at putting money in lower working class people's pockets.

How about the idea of a job and let them EARN their own keep?
Sounds like a plan doesn't it? No one needs a dime unless they work for it, with this admin they cannot find a job to even try.

When you have a 2-front war and the worst economy since the 1930's, I'd imagine the president would have bigger worries than his choice of words.

Do not worry, Obama promised to have the troops home from Iraq around June, lets see if he keeps this promise.

Things were already screwed up day one.

Not as bad as they are now.

And people were already losing their homes and jobs before Obama took office.

Read- Obamas first year was a record for foreclosures, bankruptcies, car repo's etc. I already provided a link so prove it.

People who have a difficult time affording health care are a very significant portion of America. These people have a hard enough time finding jobs, God forbid they have to pay every penny they make to keep their families healthy.

Fact is this HC bill might help 15% of the people and on the backs the the rest of us.
Fact is the majority of the people do not want THIS BILL to pass as it is loaded with pork and waste.

Keep dreaming.
The end of liberals running things in America is coming to an end.

It is not a dream, fact is the libs had the indys voting their way but not any more. More and more indys are moving to the right.

Add them to the fact that 40% of Americans are conservative minded tells me that the liberals days are numbered.

You already lost two very key liberal stronghold jobs and if Brown wins or comes very close in a liberal state such as Mass you will be seeing the light on what I have been saying.

I have a dream, the end of liberalism in America is about to die thanks to Obama!!!

The gift that keeps on giving.

Old 01-16-2010, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Wow, lets wait and use it when it means nothing.
See the difference is I want it to be succesful. You clearly don't. I even wanted Bush legislation to be succesful because if it did its job, it'd be in the best interest of the country. You have such an imbalanced and unhealthy loathing of Obama any piece of work he so much even acknowledges you want to fail, even if it means America as a whole failing.

Quote:
How about the idea of a job and let them EARN their own keep? Sounds like a plan doesn't it? No one needs a dime unless they work for it, with this admin they cannot find a job to even try.
The whole premise of the legislation is to stimulate the economy, in turn creating demand, in turn creating jobs. Even the biggest economics recoveries in history haven't worked overnight.

Quote:
Do not worry, Obama promised to have the troops home from Iraq around June, lets see if he keeps this promise.
We'll see. Another great piece of work done by your president that our president is going to have to spend a lot of time fixing.

Quote:
Not as bad as they are now.
The GDP has risen every quarter since June, the DOW is up nearly 4,000 pts and the SBI has increased steadily. Not to mention America now has allies and can actually focus on a just war.

Quote:
Read- Obamas first year was a record for foreclosures, bankruptcies, car repo's etc. I already provided a link so prove it.
And that was all happening as a result of 8 years of failed policies. People don't just lose their property because of one overnight piece of legislation or a new tax.

Quote:
Fact is this HC bill might help 15% of the people and on the backs the the rest of us. Fact is the majority of the people do not want THIS BILL to pass as it is loaded with pork and waste.
The rest of us? Unless you make nearly upwards of six figures it's not going to be too much of a burden. And it doesn't matter what the majority of the people want. As Nelson Mandela said:

"The hallmark of a true leader is he does what is best for his people, not what they want."

Old 01-16-2010, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
The end of liberals running things in America is coming to an end.
Great. That means we'll be back to doing things the Conservative way. Things were so much better

Quote:
It is not a dream, fact is the libs had the indys voting their way but not any more. More and more indys are moving to the right.
And Independents aren't voting Republican either. Have you as so much looked at Palin/Cheney/Limbaugh's favorable opinion ratings?

Quote:
Add them to the fact that 40% of Americans are conservative minded tells me that the liberals days are numbered.
And 40% of Americans considered themselves Conservative election day and in the 2006 midterms and Republicans still got swept. That should worry you more than me.

Quote:
You already lost two very key liberal stronghold jobs and if Brown wins or comes very close in a liberal state such as Mass you will be seeing the light on what I have been saying.
Brown already won? If I'm not mistaken you were one of those saying McCain won the election this time 2 years ago. Talk about counting your chickens before they hatch.

Quote:
I have a dream, the end of liberalism in America is about to die thanks to Obama!!!

The gift that keeps on giving.
Yea, those damn liberals and their desire to help the working class. Screw them all

Old 01-16-2010, 09:10 PM

26,641 posts, read 10,031,621 times
Government cannot create jobs, no matter what they do, unless they build a bigger government and hire on the taxpayers dole.

Government can only create laws, and collect taxes.

It is the free capitalistic market that creates jobs. This administration is all about killing capitalism, to push their agenda of a progressive Cloward & Piven Strategy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies