Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 AM

981 posts, read 806,025 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colddiamond102 View Post
You're clearly entitled to your opinion...however, if you are aquainted with every last person who flies said flag so that you may make a judgement pertaining to their personalities as you just did, then I would retract my earlier statement and say you're QUITE well connected.

Otherwise I'd say you're letting your own opinions make judgements not based on fact.
You're just an apologist for the Southern cause and trying to justify it in 2010.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 01:28 AM

3,400 posts, read 8,030,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Not sure what you are saying! "Hitting on me via the internet"? Are you female?
Would you like me to produce the thread?

Here you go.

Confederate monument defaced with racist graffiti

I understand your young brain is still developing..perhaps this will refresh your memory?

As per the topic, SC will decide whether or not the flag stands here. This forum has danced this dance a thousand times before. Why not just look up older threads?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:34 AM

7,411 posts, read 10,388,557 times
Quote:
Would you like me to produce the thread?

Here you go.

Confederate monument defaced with racist graffiti

I understand your young brain is still developing..perhaps this will refresh your memory?

As per the topic, SC will decide whether or not the flag stands here. This forum has danced this dance a thousand times before. Why not just look up older threads?
Sorry, Colddiamond, I forgot who you are no offense meant. It seems strange that a woman would be pro-Confederate for some reason. A teacher told me that if women had all the power that there wouldn't be any problems in America. Do you believe that, too?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justcause View Post
You're just an apologist for the Southern cause and trying to justify it in 2010.
I dont apologize for a damn thing, so I'd thank you kindly to not put words in my mouth.
History is history, and without it we wouldnt be what we are now.It shouldnt be buried simply because its distasteful to some. We would have no lessons to look back on without it. Thats EXACTLY what that flag is. Living history. A reminder of those who fought and died, and a flag that is unique to a region of the country.

Leave it alone.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:38 AM

Quote:
I dont apologize for a damn thing, so I'd thank you kindly to not put words in my mouth.
History is history, and without it we wouldnt be what we are now.It shouldnt be buried simply because its distasteful to some. We would have no lessons to look back on without it. Thats EXACTLY what that flag is. Living history. A reminder of those who fought and died, and a flag that is unique to a region of the country.

Leave it alone.
Big problem is that confederates killed Americans. Nothing to be proud of unless a person is an enemy of America.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:42 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Maybe you don't realize it, but that's the third personal attack you've made against his age. Isn't that enough?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:42 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
My Daughter, who happens to be Black, has her Confederate Flag beach towel - and we have a Confederate Flag prominently displayed in our home.

Old 01-19-2010, 01:44 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,258,323 times
Quote:
I agree that individual people should have the freedom to wave whatever flag they want. But any public land should be forbidden to allow non-American flags. Who would want the flag of China or Saudi Arabia flying over American public land or buildings?
Then you would agree that Hispanics should not fly the flag of Mexico?

Old 01-19-2010, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Sorry, Colddiamond, I forgot who you are no offense meant. It seems strange that a woman would be pro-Confederate for some reason. A teacher told me that if women had all the power that there wouldn't be any problems in America. Do you believe that, too?
No, because women alone are quite intelligent and capable. In a group, combined together for long periods of time, they are some of the most quarrelsome, backstabbing, vicious,underhanded people you'd ever be afraid to meet. Just like men, they'd be fighting amongst themselves, either for power or over petty dramas.
Your hair would curl at some of the things that go on with a group of women when there are no men around to hear what tricks have been played on them. It scares ME, and Im a woman!
Bottom line, either sex is human, which means its going to get screwed up at some point.

You must keep in mind, Californio, that that flag doesnt mean just one thing to everyone.To me, it is an everyday history lesson that I grew up with, a symbol unique to the region I grew up in, and a reminder of a ornery great-great uncle of mine that died underneath it trying to stop the Sherman's army from burning his farm nearby. (I have some of his letters to my aunt written while he was on the battlefield)

Most of all, it just means home. Nothing racial about it to me, and quite frankly it PO's me to no end when I see idiots from the KKK or Nazi's flying it for their own stupid political purposes.

Last edited by Colddiamond102; 01-19-2010 at 01:56 AM..

Old 01-19-2010, 01:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
How about the rainbow flags lining Santa Monica Boulevard in West Hollywood? Those aren't "American" flags, are they?
That's a good question. Made me stop & think for a minute. But I don't think gay flags are being flown from public buildings or schools, etc. Right? Also gay people are not anti-America like some Southerns are. To be racist is anti-American but to be gay isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies