Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 07:04 AM

5,007 posts, read 15,416,797 times

Advertisements

He has no idea what he is talking about. He has no idea what the Constitution is, how it works, or basically any grasp on reality at all. I'm tired of being called a liar by a mental incompetent.

He uses Youtube videos and presents them as absolute proof, and apparently the entire basis for his belief system is that the federal government is an illegal entity. He is an absolute right-wing nutjob fool, and a shining example of why I am ashamed to say I am from Texas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:33 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Yes indeed, that would be me. And those with something larger than a concord grape for a brain readily recognizes how plainly wrong you are.

Now lets get you up to speed.

This video is the the Speaker of the House, reading the Bill HR8791 Homeland Terrorism Preparedness Bill for a House vote.

Take special note of the fact that the Speaker says "classified" 18 times during the recital ... at the 14th "classified" he says "jesus", apparently that "classified" was particularly alarming or disturbing. And I wonder just how the house members can honestly vote for something that the cannot read, and half of the bill is "classified"? And take special note toward the end when he says " and a NEW BILL OF RIGHTS will be developed by "classified".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXfXuk6aWJc&feature=fvw

That you don't know about something, doesn't make it a nutty conspiracy ... you know very little about the constitution or the bill of rights, but the 2nd amendment is not a conspiracy theory, and neither are classified plans for (official) suspension of the constitution, marshall law, and yes .... FEMA Camps.

So here ya go ... Camp FEMA ... the camps that don't exist, even though the contracts to build them are documented and part and of the public record ... the legislation granting the government it's phony legal "color of law" right to detain and relocate American citizens into "FEMA Relocation Centers" already signed into law ... but all of this is just one big nutty conspiracy?

Look, if you want to remain ignorant, that's your choice, but don't tell me, or mislead others about how the world is, because all you can see is your lower colon, given where you have your head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PrqqbEuxmW0&NR=1

Now, guess who this is all for ... guess who the big threat is? ... here is a congressman that is a bit concerned:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=se3dfhl5G3g

And here is the congressman that is a little upset that plans for the "Continuity of Government" won't even be shared with the committee on Homeland Security.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzF0W7-1CCc&NR=1

Here is what a FEMA Camp looks like ... even though they don't exist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJBxd...eature=related

Now, Officer Jack McLamb, the most decorated police officer in Phoenix Arizona's history says that there are plans that have been communicated to him by sources within the law enforcement community that advanced plans are in place to round up American citizens and place them in FEMA camps to be executed ... there are already lists and designations, and this will occur upon declaration of marshall law.

The civil unrest they are expecting will be brought about by the total collapse of the dollar and economy.

Now you can return your head to it's favorite resting place, or you can wake up.

But you have no right to mislead others with your continuing efforts to discredit the facts.
I would love to see the feds stick me in one of those things!

Old 01-22-2010, 07:36 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,277,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
He has no idea what he is talking about. He has no idea what the Constitution is, how it works, or basically any grasp on reality at all. I'm tired of being called a liar by a mental incompetent.

He uses Youtube videos and presents them as absolute proof, and apparently the entire basis for his belief system is that the federal government is an illegal entity. He is an absolute right-wing nutjob fool, and a shining example of why I am ashamed to say I am from Texas.
He may be a little parinoid, but with the way things are today, I don't blame him.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
He may be a little parinoid, but with the way things are today, I don't blame him.

A little paranoid? That's like saying the Palestinians are slightly annoyed with Israel.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:52 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,606 times
Quote:
Read a little closer.

I said earlier that the federal authorities can take over pretty much any case they want to at any time. Do you even realize what the term "federal statutes" entails?

Since you are using "WikiAnswers" as a citation, I am going to guess not.

Federal authorities will always be able to find some statute that grants them access and control over a case, if they look hard enough.

Of course, I'm bothering to try and explain this to a guy who thinks someone who believes in FEMA concentration camps and other nutty conspiracies is the correct poster in this thread.
1. Yes, I do know the definition of the term. The links and quotes were for your benefit.
2. As Guy has already pointed out, just because they do doesn't mean it's legal.
3. I ignore any references to Fema camps, and just because a poster is wrong about one thing doesn't mean they are wrong about everything.

There was recently a bill introduced that would have required states to recognize other states' CWPs.
It was defeated specifically because of the 10th amendment not granting the federal gub'ment authority over state gun laws.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:12 AM

Of course it's legal, it's part of federal code and statute, upheld by the courts.

He is off his rocker because his basis for declaring it illegal is that, according to him, federal statutes are illegal.

Old 01-22-2010, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hortysir View Post
It was defeated specifically because of the 10th amendment not granting the federal gub'ment authority over state gun laws.

A very important distinction - it was not defeated because the federal government doesn't have authority over state gun laws. They can make an overriding federal statute.

It was defeated because the federal government cannot compel the states to enforce federal law.

But if the federal government wants to make a law regarding guns and enforce it themselves, then it would override a state law.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:12 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Read a little closer.

I said earlier that the federal authorities can take over pretty much any case they want to at any time. Do you even realize what the term "federal statutes" entails?

Since you are using "WikiAnswers" as a citation, I am going to guess not.

Federal authorities will always be able to find some statute that grants them access and control over a case, if they look hard enough.

Of course, I'm bothering to try and explain this to a guy who thinks someone who believes in FEMA concentration camps and other nutty conspiracies is the correct poster in this thread.
I suggest you read the Constitution. Amendments 9 and 10 say:

9: "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

10: "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people."

Okay, so now we need to look at what powers the federal government has, and the limitations on states:

"Section 8 - Powers of Congress
The Congress shall have Power To lay and collect Taxes, Duties, Imposts and Excises, to pay the Debts and provide for the common Defence and general Welfare of the United States; but all Duties, Imposts and Excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;
To borrow money on the credit of the United States;
To regulate Commerce with foreign Nations, and among the several States, and with the Indian Tribes;
To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization, and uniform Laws on the subject of Bankruptcies throughout the United States;
To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures;
To provide for the Punishment of counterfeiting the Securities and current Coin of the United States;
To establish Post Offices and Post Roads;
To promote the Progress of Science and useful Arts, by securing for limited Times to Authors and Inventors the exclusive Right to their respective Writings and Discoveries;
To constitute Tribunals inferior to the supreme Court;
To define and punish Piracies and Felonies committed on the high Seas, and Offenses against the Law of Nations;
To declare War, grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal, and make Rules concerning Captures on Land and Water;
To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a longer Term than two Years;
To provide and maintain a Navy;
To make Rules for the Government and Regulation of the land and naval Forces;
To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;
To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
To exercise exclusive Legislation in all Cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten Miles square) as may, by Cession of particular States, and the acceptance of Congress, become the Seat of the Government of the United States, and to exercise like Authority over all Places purchased by the Consent of the Legislature of the State in which the Same shall be, for the Erection of Forts, Magazines, Arsenals, dock-Yards, and other needful Buildings; And
To make all Laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into Execution the foregoing Powers, and all other Powers vested by this Constitution in the Government of the United States, or in any Department or Officer thereof.
Section 9 - Limits on Congress
The Migration or Importation of such Persons as any of the States now existing shall think proper to admit, shall not be prohibited by the Congress prior to the Year one thousand eight hundred and eight, but a tax or duty may be imposed on such Importation, not exceeding ten dollars for each Person.
The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.
No Bill of Attainder or ex post facto Law shall be passed.
(No capitation, or other direct, Tax shall be laid, unless in Proportion to the Census or Enumeration herein before directed to be taken.) (Section in parentheses clarified by the 16th Amendment.)
No Tax or Duty shall be laid on Articles exported from any State.
No Preference shall be given by any Regulation of Commerce or Revenue to the Ports of one State over those of another: nor shall Vessels bound to, or from, one State, be obliged to enter, clear, or pay Duties in another.
No Money shall be drawn from the Treasury, but in Consequence of Appropriations made by Law; and a regular Statement and Account of the Receipts and Expenditures of all public Money shall be published from time to time.
No Title of Nobility shall be granted by the United States: And no Person holding any Office of Profit or Trust under them, shall, without the Consent of the Congress, accept of any present, Emolument, Office, or Title, of any kind whatever, from any King, Prince or foreign State.
Section 10 - Powers prohibited of States
No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility."

So, to sum up, the feds may exercise those powers specifically given to them, and anything else is reserved to the states. The feds actually have very limited powers. The feds can't simply do whatever they want.

Furthermore, various court decisions have upheld the right to resist unlawful exercise of authority, notably, the John Bad Elk case:

FindLaw | Cases and Codes

Federal law even states any unlawful act by any officer of the law, done under color of the law, is a felony. The Civil Rights Act of 1871:

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitors sites is not allowed

This last law's civil lawsuit provisions is the one that is likely to be used against the ATF and the local police in Texas.

By the way, the notion of FEMA concentration camps is not entirely as absurd as it sounds. FEMA actually has contracts to construct such camps in place: FOXNews.com - Critics Fear Emergency Centers Could Be Used for Immigration Round-Ups - Politics | Republican Party | Democratic Party | Political Spectrum

I read the contract a few years ago. It was quite broad in its terms.

Then there is REX 84, which in fact called for rounding people up, putting them in camps, suspending the Constitution, allowing FEMA to run the country, etc.: FEMA And REX 84 (http://uweb.txstate.edu/~lf14/conspire/rex84.html - broken link)

Rex 84 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Do not fail to research COINTELPRO either.

You can think whatever you want of these facts, but it would be foolish to denounce people who know of them as merely paranoia.

Last edited by Yac; 02-23-2010 at 07:36 AM..

Old 01-22-2010, 09:24 AM

18,356 posts, read 26,481,472 times
Quote:
Links, please.
Sheriff Mack:

Can the county sheriff save the Constitution? Former Arizona Sheriff Richard Mack, who became front-page news when he filed a suit challenging the constitutionality of the Brady Bill, is calling on sheriffs to reclaim lost freedoms. - Free Online Lib

Note that article also points out Sheriff Nixon of Montana, and, most interesting, Nye County Sheriff DeMeo:

Nevada Live Stock Association (http://www.nevadalivestock.org/04Aug17.htm - broken link)

There are other examples and if you research this subject you will find them yourself.

Quote:
And no, federal authority supersedes state authority whenever federal statutes are violated.
Only where the Constitution authorizes it. Federal Statutes are not the highest law in this country, the Constitution is.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:17 AM

1,313 posts, read 1,550,606 times
Quote:
A very important distinction - it was not defeated because the federal government doesn't have authority over state gun laws. They can make an overriding federal statute.

It was defeated because the federal government cannot compel the states to enforce federal law.

But if the federal government wants to make a law regarding guns and enforce it themselves, then it would override a state law.
That's really weird....
Because when I asked my representative Tom Rooney why he didn't vote for it, that's the reason he told me.
Congressman Rooney is an ex Army Captain and was an instructor at West Point in Constitutional Law, so pardon me if I tend to believe him over you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies