Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 02:01 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,786,165 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
thanks for the chuckles guys..... these right wing conspiracy theories are ALWAYS good for a giggle......

sure hope you never ever have any children inside of your house........
don't claim conspiracy theory just because you don't want people to have the right to defend their homes...with thinking like yours you must be one of those lefties that wants the second amendment to be thrown out
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 02:04 PM

81 posts, read 45,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
don't claim conspiracy theory just because you don't want people to have the right to defend their homes...with thinking like yours you must be one of those lefties that wants the second amendment to be thrown out

Well, lets be clear, they only want you not to have a gun. They still believe that they should. It kind of goes with the I'm better than you mentality they have.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txgolfer130 View Post
From the link:

Tell me. What does Alex have against that? And Alex Jones is a quack. I know him. His community access show was a joke and so is his "prison planet" show. Although I do like his officer vid's....it's fun to watch him talk much smack and then cower and "conform".

Too funny.

you attack the "facts" when attacking the man because all he is doing is sending the message ....why dont you see ....screw it....im not waisting time on another hater who cant prove Mr.Jones wrong...prove that he does not back up his info with facts and maybe ill think of listening but you wont and cant prove anything

Old 01-20-2010, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getmeoutofhere View Post
It's illegal to shut down a marketplace full of violations in regards to gun sales?

Fantastic. Maybe we'll just move right along to selling military-grade hardware to anyone who wants it, too.

I repeat...not a single legitimate news source is covering this, because it's total right-wing nutjob nonsense.

And the more you people post about the coming police state and "the Communist dictatorship", the more ridiculous you look. In fact, judging by your apparent complete lack of knowledge over the law and what exactly constitutes Communism and dictatorships, perhaps you need a history lesson.

what history lesson??....i believe there have been many nations and empires in "history" where the government brought tyranny upon its people....now you are the kind of person who just seems to believe that our loving government is not capable of this....history proves that the average person didnt know that governments were screwing them until it was too late and they were stepping of a train to enter a work camp...now what history do you want to speak of?

Old 01-20-2010, 02:14 PM

39,855 posts, read 26,482,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I think we can agree that when people obtain weapons through illegal means they are breaking the law. Thus, punishing law abiding citizens and law abiding FFL's by imposing stricter restrictions on a gun show than is in the written law, is, in fact, an abuse by BATFE. BATFE cannot just invent the law as they go along to suit either themselves, or any administration.

I suspect if BATFE broke the law in Texas by shutting down this gun show that we'll see the lawsuites soon enough and the facts will eventually come out.

Until that point, if you don't like any governmental agency abusing their power and violating the laws of this nation in so doing, be it BATFE, the IRS, EPA, etc..., have your elected representatives hold their feet to the fire.
Good post MOgal. I'm not sure what authority BATFE has to shut down a private event such as a gun show. They DO have the authority to regulate federally licensced gun dealers, but private sales are just that. And the show is simply the venue where gun owners and potential buyers and sellers meet.

Law enforcement routinely attend gun shows. If some small percentage of the people attending are known to be unable to legally purchase guns (convicted felons primarily) follow them and bust them if they buy one. Don't penalize the vast majority of law abiding owners that attend such shows.

Old 01-20-2010, 02:21 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,685,656 times
Wow, where will the Mexican Drug Dealers get their guns now

BATF started this purge while Bush was still in the White House, maybe it just got to you.
They have been tracing guns captured by the Mexican Police back to Arizona and Texas.

Old 01-20-2010, 03:49 PM

81 posts, read 45,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post

BATF started this purge while Bush was still in the White House, maybe it just got to you.
They have been tracing guns captured by the Mexican Police back to Arizona and Texas.

Probably from criminals, unless you have some proof that law abiding Americans are going though legal channels to buy large quantities of weapons and selling them across the border.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:35 PM

11,155 posts, read 29,299,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc0628 View Post
Probably from criminals, unless you have some proof that law abiding Americans are going though legal channels to buy large quantities of weapons and selling them across the border.
well what law abiding person buys large amounts of guns to go sell in mexico is not illegal to traffic firearms thewy went overboard shutting it down but some people ruined it for the rest by doing something they know they should not do

Old 01-20-2010, 04:51 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,278,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Um, China, just as they always have.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:18 PM

3,309 posts, read 5,770,375 times
Well dang! Where will criminals get illegal guns? Now this is just a downright funny question. Where oh where? Just let your imagination wander!

Criminals will always have guns and they don't have to buy them 'illegally' (if by illegal you are referring to someone who is buying them from an individual in the parking lot) at a gun show for crying out loud. I don't have statistics, but I would imagine the gun thefts that are reported yearly are well into the upper numbers.

You want a gun? Go hang out in the neighborhood sleazebag bar for a while, get to know a few of the locals and put the word out. LOL, you'll have all the gun offers you can handle. Yes, they're hot, but what of it? They don't care. So, the question is this...so what if you registered your gun? It's registered. It gets stolen. You report it stolen. OK, la de da. Chances are that's the last you'll ever see of that gun. Even if the gun is recovered later during a criminal act, it's probably changed hands numerous times since it was stolen from you. So, at one point the gun was registered. So what?

LOL, for God's sake, I cannot see the purpose of registering a gun unless of course you acknowledge that extra bit of revenue that will bring into the government. A person who buys a gun, registers the gun is not a person who is going to take same gun and go on a killing spree. So again, someone please tell me the point here? Good Lord, I've bought guns from individuals and sold guns to individuals, just simple transactions, no registering. Did I ever feel I was selling to a crazed killer? Well, no. Duh! Those boys usually have different methods for obtaining their guns and it doesn't include paying for them.

What I am saying, look at it anyway you want, but if you think the bad guys aren't going to always get and have guns, you are just sadly mistaken. Now the government can make every law it can possibly think of to put on the books, sit back and say, yeah, that should solve the problem, now everybody's got to register their guns, so we can all sleep better tonight! Get real, people. There is no cut and dried solution here and I, for one, will have my guns in the event one of those bad guys comes around with a gun (regardless of how he obtained it) to try and harm me.

Guess I'm just a little goofy like that, but I believe in a fair fight. I'm also not one to sit back and be harmed by a gun toting criminal while waiting for 'big brother' to step in and give me a hand. Give me a break!

Just an afterthought...you never know when we each and everyone will need guns to protect ourselves from what we are currently calling our protection. OK, now you think I'm a radical. I've never considered myself to be radical and I hope that our country doesn't come to such a state, but it sure isn't going to hurt to consider the possibility and to be prepared. Who knows, it just might be the salvation of America as we know and love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies