Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 07:27 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,695,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
However, the Haitians are NOT getting anywhere nearly enough emergency supplies of food and medical help in this disaster. And it's a shame to waste these air drops on sending them bibles, when they could be giving these people food, water and medical supplies instead.

These solar powered bibles blaring out their holy messages aren't going to make their hunger and thirst go away, nor mend their broken bones nor stop the violence or looting. Air dropping these bibles are a waste of resources. And yet another reason to be cautious about donating to religious charities.
So, that's the agenda, is it. I suppose it would be a waste if I reminded you that a human being is body, soul and spirit, and that people of the faith know it is important to take care of the whole body, if they can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
If Haiti was 70% Orthodox Jewish and an Orthodox Jewish group was sending Torahs or if Haiti was 70% Muslim and a group of Muslims was sending Korans....would the issue be touched with a 10foot pole? I doubt it.
You're right, there would be no outcry. For pete's sake, this complaint is about people using their own money to send Bibles. This is not tax money. We gave Korans to the detainees in Gitmo. with YOUR tax money. I didn't hear anyone complain about it. No issue of separation of church and state there, was there. No, it's just when Christianity is involved, then the Godless yell and fuss and demean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
You aren't paying attention. I said IF Haiti had the same number of Orthodox Jews or Muslims as they do Catholics/Christians.
That's a lot of the problem in forums. People don't bother reading. They just interrupt and jump in with their agenda points.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 07:39 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
So, that's the agenda, is it. I suppose it would be a waste if I reminded you that a human being is body, soul and spirit, and that people of the faith know it is important to take care of the whole body, if they can.
So, what's a soul or spirit look like? Not everyone believes your xian cult stuff. I guess it's a byproduct of your sky daddy cult.

You're right, there would be no outcry. For pete's sake, this complaint is about people using their own money to send Bibles. This is not tax money. We gave Korans to the detainees in Gitmo. with YOUR tax money. I didn't hear anyone complain about it. No issue of separation of church and state there, was there. No, it's just when Christianity is involved, then the Godless yell and fuss and demean.

Ah yes, the demon godless.

That's a lot of the problem in forums. People don't bother reading. They just interrupt and jump in with their agenda points.
Maybe people just don't buy it.
Responses in blue.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:22 PM

12 posts, read 9,932 times
Thanks for your thoughts on the solar-powered audio Bibles.

I can see where you may think this is not a good approach. We agree that food, water, medical attention are essential and take first priority. These audio Bibles are still in the United States enroute to dozens of relief groups who have called ASKING for them (and these won't arrive for until early Feb).

So, these are NOT displacing ANY aid to the victims of this terrible tragedy.

The Haitians have been preyed upon for a long-time by those interested in exploiting their natural resources and impoverishing their people. Faith Comes By Hearing believes the people of Haiti are that nation's most precious resource, and we desire to empower them with the Scriptures (which they believe) in a format they can use--audio.

Roughly half the nation is unable to read and predominantly Christian, so giving them the Bible in a format they can use--audio, is completely reasonable.

All the Haitians we’ve talked with have said, “Thank you for the Bibles, send more.” We've been serving them since 1986, so this is a continuation of our connection with these people who have lost and suffered so much.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:24 PM

Thanks for your thoughts on the solar-powered audio Bibles. I can see where you may think this is not a good approach.

We agree that food, water, medical attention are essential and take first priority. These audio Bibles are still in the United States enroute to dozens of relief groups who have called ASKING for them (and these won't arrive for until early Feb).

Old 01-23-2010, 09:25 PM

Thanks for your thoughts on the solar-powered audio Bibles. I can see where you may think this is not a good approach.

We agree that food, water, medical attention are essential and take first priority. These audio Bibles are still in the United States enroute to dozens of relief groups who have called ASKING for them (and these won't arrive for until early Feb).

Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 PM

I appreciate your thoughts on the solar-powered audio Bibles.

We 100% agree that food, water, medical attention are essential and take first priority. These audio Bibles are still in the United States enroute to dozens of relief groups who have called ASKING for them (besides, they won't arrive for until early Feb).

Old 01-23-2010, 09:33 PM

Default Long-term committment

We've been serving them since 1986, so this is a continuation of our connection with these people who have lost and suffered so much.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:34 PM

These audio Bibles are still in the United States enroute to dozens of relief groups who have called ASKING for them (and these won't arrive for until early Feb). So, these are NOT displacing ANY aid to the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:36 PM

These audio Bibles are still in the United States going to dozens of relief groups who have called ASKING for them (and these won't arrive for until early Feb). So, they are NOT displacing ANY aid to the victims of this terrible tragedy.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Thanks Cyber Queen.
We still have to raise the funds for these devices. All the Haitian leaders we’ve talked with have said, “Thank you for the Bibles, send more.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies