Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 04:23 PM

54,494 posts, read 33,862,309 times

Advertisements

I see a repeat of November 1994 in the mid-term elections this fall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 04:44 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,611,558 times
In 94 we didn't have a lasting 10%(really pushing 20%) unemployment. We didn't have a dollar in the tank. We didn't each owe almost $400,000 each, to pay off a debt we didn't want.

It is going to be a slaughter.

Both parties always forget about the majority party. The Independent people of the United States of America.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:48 PM

5,715 posts, read 15,044,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Considering Obama's approval rating is higher than any Republican's favorable opinion rating, I'd have to disagree. Last night was one election between an under-funded candidate who didn't even bother to campaign and a social moderate who campaigned 24/7 and it was still close. I wouldn't count the chickens before they hatch.
I agree.

This proves nothing.

Old 01-20-2010, 04:49 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,164,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Or was that one out of Obamas 57 states?

You do realize that they were the only state voting, right? And have been congratulated by virtually every other state for their choice?
duh
you have some kind of link to "virtually every other state" congratulating Mass?

Old 01-20-2010, 04:50 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I don't think San Francisco Pelosi or Obama are in denial simply because they knowingly still want to ram their far left agenda through. It's more important to them than losing a few House and Senate seats and they think they are so superior that they know what's best for the rest of us Astroturfers, as Pelosi called us. They won't even pause to throw a life preserver at Reid if they think he's a goner. Those so-called conservative Democrats...those tools have been used and now they will be discarded. Obama and Pelosi are not even gonna break a sweat trying to save them.
Pelosi is old and and set financially for what's left of her life. She will push her old baggy bones to do what she wants and could care less about any of her colleagues in the Democrat party.

Maybe the plastic surgeons could do something about those google eyes of hers. Everytime I see that old hag she is bug-eyed and looks like she is about to pop an eyeball. And her lips... Please spare us any more pictures of the hag... Eeeeeww!

Oh well, one more look at the ugliest mug of a generation.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
The way I see it is that Obama was given a mandate and the power with both houses of Congress behind him... The problem is that Obama made the incorrect assumption that the people were voting for some "Democratic Agenda" and not so much for him... He discounted the fact that a LOT of Dems and ESPECIALLY Independents do NOT like Nancy Pelosi....

I think Obama thought that in keeping with his "bi-partisanship" promise that the best thing to do on debating healthcare would be to step aside and let Congress deal with minimal input from him and let them work it out..... Well, what you got was Reid and Pelosi stepping forward and alienating a LOT of ideas and voters along with it....

So here we are, I think the public will take the Congressional power away from Obama here, BUT.... I think the majority still has faith in him as President...

I think what happened in Massachussetts cinches it... The Republicans will most likely win back either the House or Senate in the mid-terms, but in the end, the Republican tactic of "being against" isn't going to be enough to carry the Whitehouse in 2012 unless they have a wonder-candidate that has yet to show him/herself....

IOW, Obama's key error was leaving too much in the hands of Congress to decide. He should have presented what it was he wanted in plain terms and THEN told Congress to use it as the framework for a bill.... By letting Pelosi and company more or less MAKE the bill, he has cost the Dems the Congress and has severely curtailed his public mandate.....
Obama was elected to fix the economy, not to impose his radical agenda. Obama is a fraud.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:26 PM

10,834 posts, read 14,932,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Up to the last minutes the Progressives were still denying the peoples voice.

The people have spoken and Pelosi is still in denial.

Watch the progressives put the pedal to the metal, taking the Democrat party over a cliff with them.
Nah, I think Obama got the message that somehow made it through his thick narcissistic skull.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:30 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,553,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
duh
you have some kind of link to "virtually every other state" congratulating Mass?
Are you capable of thinking without a link? Didn't think so.

Look them up yourself, listen to the news, listen to the government representatives. You know, do a little research on your own before you decide on your stance. You will definitely seem more intelligent.

Old 01-20-2010, 05:32 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,304,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I see a repeat of November 1994 in the mid-term elections this fall.

WE THE PEOPLE are going to remove the scam artist liberals from running our country into the ground any further.

WE THE PEOPLE are the boss, not those commi left wing whacks with Obamie the Commie leading the pack.

Obama might not even be your candidate in 2012, at this rate it would be stupid to run him again.

He is a sinking ship of disaster.

WE THE PEOPLE are not going to allow him to do this to our country.

Old 01-20-2010, 07:21 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
They had a year..one full year of Democratic power.
They abused it and let this absolute power go to their heads.

Now the people have spoken and it's woken some of them up.
If they fall from majority power...they have no one to blame but themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies