Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

1,061 posts, read 2,250,615 times

Advertisements

Again looking at our sad state of political affairs, I will give my opinion like if I was analyzing a sad sporting event; only this isn't a sporting event, these may be decisions that affect REAL people.

Looking it objectively:

1) Republicans didn't have any intentions to work with the democrats on the health care bill. They were bluffing and questioning just about everything on the bill to waste time and kill it.

2) Democrats at first tried to work with the republicans. In fact, I believe they tried so hard to please the other side that they passed a crappy version of the health care that is not even reform.

3) Didn't the democrats realize that no matter what the republicans were not going to work with them? Why not stick to their initial plans and proposals and try to get it past.

4) When Bush was president, many bills and proposals passed just needing 51 votes. Republicans wanted something passed and they did.

5) If the political momentum shifts to the republicans in the next 3 years it will be not only because of ideology differences, which may be part of it, but mostly because the democrats have proven that they do not have the GUTS to get REAL BILLS passed and cannot work efficiently together as a party. Americans in general want results from politicians, not wishy washy gutless senators and congressman.

Just my views and opinions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 11:18 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Congress had one thing on its mind after Obama was elected:

Avenge the last 8 years of Bush at all costs.
You polled every member of Congress? Interesting.....

Old 01-20-2010, 11:20 AM

8,998 posts, read 14,782,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observer View Post
Again looking at our sad state of political affairs, I will give my opinion like if I was analyzing a sad sporting event; only this isn't a sporting event, these may be decisions that affect REAL people.

Looking it objectively:

1) Republicans didn't have any intentions to work with the democrats on the health care bill. They were bluffing and questioning just about everything on the bill to waste time and kill it.

2) Democrats at first tried to work with the republicans. In fact, I believe they tried so hard to please the other side that they passed a crappy version of the health care that is not even reform.

3) Didn't the democrats realize that no matter what the republicans were not going to work with them? Why not stick to their initial plans and proposals and try to get it past.

4) When Bush was president, many bills and proposals passed just needing 51 votes. Republicans wanted something passed and they did.

5) If the political momentum shifts to the republicans in the next 3 years it will be not only because of ideology differences, which may be part of it, but mostly because the democrats have proven that they do not have the GUTS to get REAL BILLS passed and cannot work efficiently together as a party. Americans in general want results from politicians, not wishy washy gutless senators and congressman.

I like 3 and 5.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:22 AM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:

Looking it objectively:

Democrats have the problem of the Blue Dogs. They were not pandering to the GOP they were pandering to the Southern Democrats for their votes.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:41 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The Dems just don't get it!!

And where is Obama on this????

He's acting like nothing happened last night! No press conference??

It'a all about his Agenda's remember? and we all know what that is.

Old 01-20-2010, 11:43 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
It's VERY simple.

The left and right never change, so basically...the moderates and\or independents turned on the Dems in MA (and in Obama's national approval numbers).

Healthcare does play a big part because it was a major election issue AND the democrats had the majorities they needed to pass legislation. So, unlike the Clinton years there is no credible way to blame the other party.

Unending war is another issue...as is the economy.

Really, the constant sqwaking about "Bush's wars" by Pelosi etc. and then just continuing his policies SHOULD be driving the thinking voters crazy. I can't tell that Bush and Cheney have left the whitehouse.
Let's just say that many voters are really, really slow to catch on... The correct word to describe them is certainly not, 'thinking'...

Old 01-20-2010, 11:48 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Yes, it is racist, as was your intent.
You play that game with his name quite a bit.
His name is Obama.
no is was NOT racist

so when you called bush, bushie was that racist...when the left called bush a shrub...was that racist????

I like to add """Y""" to things...like my name DannY

you showed that YOU are the racist because as soon as you could find one instance where someone said ANYTHING bad about your guy, you through out the race card..

sorry girl, but you are the racist.....btw I am very mixed to include BLACK/ and american indian.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:03 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,816,250 times
Quote:

Looking it objectively:

Give me a break. Did you watch any of the commiteee meetings . They allowed republicans to place amendments then voted them down on party lines, they even voted down many conservative democrats amendments. In many cases they didn't even allow time for thier bills to be read before voting in committee. What they did was to jam the bills thru committee. Then what they compromised on was in giving special provisions to those democrats that heldout.In fact if you look they even ignaored voters which is why the liberal proposals are in the fix they are now.Its the liberals who have found that thier ram it down the throat methods have backfired on them really;which is what liberals such as yourself have advocated since the election.Do what a minority of the left wing of the party wants and ignore everyhting else and we see the results. Its like the stimulus ;little stimulus and alot fo maney for speail interest groups;like letting kid kid loose in a candy store with the parents credit card. At the end of the day all you have is a sticky mess and a credit card bill to pay.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:05 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
The Dems just don't get it!!

And where is Obama on this????

He's acting like nothing happened last night! No press conference??

If he gave a press conference, you'd be posting about "how scared" he was.

Old 01-20-2010, 12:11 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
Democrats have the problem of the Blue Dogs. They were not pandering to the GOP they were pandering to the Southern Democrats for their votes.
COMEDY, THE SOUTH IS SOLID REPUBLICAN, the Conservative fold, besides theres too many blacks in the party for southerners to squander.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies