Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 06:25 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,660,707 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
This was just another race baiting thread spawned by a closet liberal.
Or it could be something else entirely. Don't f*** with my dead white progenitor male person Marine. Really--he shipped out of CA, and you are going to talk to me about Texas? Still waiting for the Ron Paul quotation--that is a person who is full of BS, and if you ask me how I know that, I will say that it is because "I can smell it from 20 feet away." I mean, really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 06:46 AM

11,944 posts, read 14,775,620 times
7 pages of thread and there's almost nothing about ron paul. Incredible.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,274,359 times
But there's a RINO crying wolf on Anti-Semitism. Guess mosommo was just bored and didn't really want to discuss what he meant by the "lunacy" of Ron Paul, other than spewing his particular brand of tinfoilhattery.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:54 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,907,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diva360 View Post
He does not look well, physically. And I've lived in Texas.
how do you keep a thread on track when you have posts like these? i see ron paul as a patriot who is trying to get the federal reserve audited so americans can see where their tax dollars actually went, and i can't see where anyone would disagree with that.

this country could use some transparency and our economy shouldn't be in the shadows, with an international banking cartel making the decisions on our economic future.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
how do you keep a thread on track when you have posts like these? i see ron paul as a patriot who is trying to get the federal reserve audited so americans can see where their tax dollars actually went, and i can't see where anyone would disagree with that.

this country could use some transparency and our economy shouldn't be in the shadows, with an international banking cartel making the decisions on our economic future.
b-b-b-b-b-ut Joos, youtube fans and lunatic Ron Paul!

- mossomo

Old 01-22-2010, 07:40 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,354 times
Its nice that Ron Paul still makes it and actually carries a discussion.
Ron Paul 2012
Freedom will prevail.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:00 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,187,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
Hello! The wall of text is more a headache than intimidation. There was no coup and is why I opined about lunacy.
Ok, so you opined because you refute there is or was a coup. Yet when I suggested how Paul's assertion could be seen as such, you dismiss all points by saying all points to the contrary give you a headache?

Ok, so what is a coup then, lets check Mr. Dictionary

coup - definition of coup by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
Quote:
coup (k)
n. pl. coups (kz)
1. A brilliantly executed stratagem; a triumph.
a. A coup d'état.
b. A sudden appropriation of leadership or power; a takeover: a boardroom coup.
3. Among certain Native American peoples, a feat of bravery performed in battle, especially the touching of an enemy's body without causing injury.

coup1
n
1. a brilliant and successful stroke or action
2. (Government, Politics & Diplomacy) short for coup d'état
[from French: blow, from Latin colaphus blow with the fist, from Greek kolaphos]
I think one can make a plausible argument that the CIA has preformed a coup since its role in the war on terror allows it a latitude that no other single agency in our government has, and most of which has little to no oversight by anyone.

CIA Budget: An Unnecessary Secret | David Kopel | Cato Institute: Daily Commentary
Quote:
Should the CIA's budget be secret? Three former CIA directors say no -- disclosure of the total amount of CIA spending would not harm national security, as long as individual budget items were kept secret.

Quote:
Everything.

Which is why I suggested in my original post
So you took this statement to literally mean "everything"?

Quote:
"They take out dictators... We need to take out the CIA"
- Ron Paul

I vote: Pandering to his base.
So in an attempt to show how the CIA has unprecedented powers, funding, and authority with little to no oversight, this opinion is pandering? I'm personally willing to bet that there people who are both conservative and liberal who might very well agree with this.

Quote:
So for the debate to have sunshine, I ask you yes or no:

Do you believe in providing USA Miranda Rights to detained enemies in foreign lands?
Do you believe that providing USA Miranda Rights to terrorists make us safer?
Do you believe that Obama is running the country?
Do you believe the CIA is running the counrty?
So you dismissed any attempt at placing Ron Paul's statement into context as being "an attempt at intimidation and cause of a headache". Awesome rebuttal, I'll have to remember this one. Then reply by asking another series of questions to which only one even closely pertains to the topic if there actually is a topic.

My personal feeling is that this isn't about what Ron Paul said as attempts to discuss that have met with "lalalalalalalala I can't hear you, what you say doesn't matter". So thus I think I can reasonably assume my first sentiments that this is little more than a flaming bash thread intended to be an assault on a man and his supporters character instead of a discussion of statements he made.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:47 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,717 times
Default touche

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
I think one can make a plausible argument that the CIA has preformed a coup
I think a good arguement can be that Ron Pauls use of the word coup is an exaggeration and used purposely to stir and aggitate his base. Like I stated, he's pandering to his base. There was no coup and the CIA doesn't control everything which is why I concluded, "the lunacy of Ron Paul".

Quote:
since its role in the war on terror allows it a latitude that no other single agency in our government has
The CIA was running around Cambodia and Laos conducting special ops during the Vietnam War, their latitude to play their hand is nothing new and not deserving any parallels with a coup.

Quote:
So thus I think I can reasonably assume my first sentiments that this is little more than a flaming bash thread intended to be an assault on a man and his supporters character instead of a discussion of statements he made.
There is truth to that, as I think Ron Paul is a bit nutty and a sensationalist kind of like a shock jock saying things for attention type - which is pretty much my point.

And I predicated a debate with you by asking four questions. You discount the questions and say they are off topic but by answering them, the audience would have known exactly were you stood in the war on terror and your position if you believe the president runs the country or the CIA - staging your opinions within the context of those four questions would leave the audience a good understanding of the direction you come from in how/why you form your conclusions the way you do.

Old 01-22-2010, 01:07 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,946,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
mr manky?
Errr Mr.Mackey

mr mackey drugs are bad - Google Search

Quote:
Why are we asking these type of questions?
No one asks those questions except peaceniks and American detractors. Kind of like the bible quotes on the gun sights, there were no problems with it with any host country for over 18 years - there were no issues until the libs interjected and invented a problem.

That is the reason I asked those four questions. Shows which camp you're in. If you believe in miranda rights for the enemy, my money is that you do not believe in war, you also do not believe in American exceptionalism and therefore as a country, you believe we over step the line in global affairs. It's no wonder then why this camp would believe the "CIA had a coup and is in control of everything".

Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossomo View Post
you believe we over step the line in global affairs
Only whackjobs like Newt and Hillary don't believe this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies