Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:59 AM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes - we saw that at the last election didn't we?............ Which the republicans lost..................go figure.

If Palin hadn't been involved it might have been a closer call.

She is a political poison chalice and, as I see it, is only of use to the republicans to the extent that she might maintain the interest (and votes) of an already existing fan base. I certainly don't see her winning any new converts.

She's had well over a year to hone her interview skills and shed her airhead image and has succeeded in doing neither.
Her biggest critic from inside the McCain campaign Steve Smith acknowledged that they would have lost sooner fast and bigger with out her, but I am sure you know better than he!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 09:28 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
All I'm trying to say is that we'd be foolish to underestimate her.
Well put and right on target. I don't think she'll run for office this year and it's too early to speculate on 2012. But she is the voice of the far right. Just as Billy graham was a voice of the Southern Baptist Conference. She can give any candidate she endorses votes. votes are power. Personally, I think she is making a mistake endorsing McCain rather than his right leaning Republican opponent, Debra Medina. She could lose some credibility with her base because of it but it might be payback time with McCain for putting her in the national spotlight in 2008.

Old 01-22-2010, 09:53 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
When did McCain say she was a mistake and just a gimmick to get elected? It doesnt matter what someone else says. What matters is what he actually says
Here you go:

Quote:
Sen. John McCain said Sunday he would not necessarily support his former running mate if she chose to run for president.

Sen. John McCain and Gov. Sarah Palin embrace after election results were in November 4.

Speaking to ABC's "This Week," McCain was asked whether Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin could count on his support.

"I can't say something like that. We've got some great other young governors. I think you're going to see the governors assume a greater leadership role in our Republican Party," he said.
McCain: I can't promise to support Palin for president - CNN.com

Old 01-22-2010, 10:35 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,928,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Well put and right on target. I don't think she'll run for office this year and it's too early to speculate on 2012. But she is the voice of the far right. Just as Billy graham was a voice of the Southern Baptist Conference. She can give any candidate she endorses votes. votes are power. Personally, I think she is making a mistake endorsing McCain rather than his right leaning Republican opponent, Debra Medina. She could lose some credibility with her base because of it but it might be payback time with McCain for putting her in the national spotlight in 2008.
Palins problem is not with Repubs, many just love her, it isn't with the demos, they already hate her and none will be changing their vote to back her. Her problem is with Independents and as the saying first impressions are forever, she proved to most Indes, such as myself, that she is not qualified to lead this nation. Her many interviews, the debate, and the continued pandering to the far right to make mo money has removed any possibility that the Independent voters would back her in numbers and that folks is all she wrote because with those Inde votes no one can win the Whitehouse.
Casper

Old 01-22-2010, 10:45 AM

2,404 posts, read 4,400,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post

Thanks for the actual quote. That was the exchange I was referring to in my earlier post which he was responding to.

Old 01-22-2010, 05:44 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,926,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
It seems that McCain is going to be teaming up with Palin again in an effort to get re-elected in Arizona. Really? He is going to the same sight gag to get re-elected. His presidential campaign seem to admit that she was a mistake, just a gimick to get more votes and he's doing it again?

Unbelieveable!
McCain did not say anything of the kind. In fact, he and his campaign aids have said the defeat would have been much worse if not for Palin.

Get your facts straight.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
McCain did not say anything of the kind. In fact, he and his campaign aids have said the defeat would have been much worse if not for Palin.

Get your facts straight.
Somebody already addressed this and had a quote about his opinion of Palin. He wouldn't even commit to voting for her is she ran for President. I believe it was on Meet the Press.

I suppose you pay attention to the facts and you still think Palin is qualified to lead a nation.

Basically, I wouldn't hire Palin to run a 7-11 much less one of the most powerful nations in the world.

Old 01-22-2010, 06:14 PM

I also phrased my OP as the McCain Campaign, not McCain himself. His campaign manager has been on many shows singing the praises of Palin. She did know the difference between North and South Korea. Kind of important knowledge for a world leader, don't you think?

Old 01-22-2010, 06:58 PM

9,888 posts, read 10,817,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So what!! Nobody is going to promise support for 2012 for anyone right now, who knows who might actually run.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:02 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,798,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
So what!! Nobody is going to promise support for 2012 for anyone right now, who knows who might actually run.
So what??????????

McCain supported her as second in command and possibly as president should something happen to him but for some reason he can no longer support her as president?

You don't see something wrong with that picture?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies