Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2010, 11:01 AM

11,760 posts, read 14,652,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Anti-white, anti-male discrimination is a part of my daily life. It is accepted by society and sanctioned by the government.
Man, you are so right! It's gotten so bad that a white person hardly has a chance to get a job, get an education, or buy a house.

And try to get elected to office? Forget it! Those legally sanctioned discriminators wouldn't even let a white person become President in 2008.

And if you're male, it's twice as bad. You can barely turn on C-SPAN without seeing hordes of qualified males who are blocked from serving in Congress because of the sexist female quotas.

Even in sports. What are the odds of seeing a professional male athlete? They may be out there, but They must keep them well-hidden because I've sure never heard of one.

It's just as bad in the professions. If you want a chance to go to a white male lawyer, doctor, or dentist you'll have to search long and hard to find one. And then if you do wind up having to go to court, how can a white man ever hope for justice when there is virtually no chance that his case will be heard by a white male judge?

Thanks for pointing this out.

Signed,

Another oppressed white male
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 11:04 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Don't forget Bill Laimbeer. So dirty the Beastie Boys wrote a song ripping him. I mean really, that's hard to top.
Yeah, and Laimbeer was labeled a thug his whole career. They actually created a Bill Laimbeer video game back in the early 90s where the goal was to physically attack other players.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:05 AM

24,620 posts, read 28,279,876 times
‘Whites only' basketball league announced

Old 01-22-2010, 11:08 AM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Good, now maybe they'll stop wearing those baggy skirts - called shorts.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:10 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,556,380 times
Thing is, under the dirtiness, Laimbeer was no less great than Stockton. He was shooting from outside as a big man before Yao Ming made it cool.

Yeah, that was Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball for the SNES. I think that was even made before NBA Jam.

Old 01-22-2010, 11:18 AM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Thing is, under the dirtiness, Laimbeer was no less great than Stockton. He was shooting from outside as a big man before Yao Ming made it cool.

Yeah, that was Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball for the SNES. I think that was even made before NBA Jam.
Right, Laimbeer could nail 3s back in the day...I was a fan of the Pistons back in their "Bad Boys" era heyday, except for when they beat the Trailblazers in the finals in 1990...

Old 01-22-2010, 11:21 AM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
laimbeer was like the 9th best player on that team. what does that tell you
lol

Old 01-22-2010, 12:06 PM

1,744 posts, read 7,260,272 times
Quote:
Well, those white Spanish and Greek players wouldn't be eligible for this new basketball league..It's limited only to white American-born players.
I pointed that out in an earlier post and if you noticed in the post of mine you quoted I referred to whites in general and not necessarily white American-born players.

Quote:
. It's just humorous because the whole premise of this proposed "league" is based on those stereotypes, that white Americans aren't athletic enough to compete.
As previously mentioned, the premise of this league probably has more to do with the culture prevalent in the NBA over skill levels. Many sports fans are fed up with the NBA. Of course a league like this would be small-time and not draw the same kind of talent as the NBA though...That goes for any semi-pro league.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:10 PM

3,047 posts, read 2,825,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfgod View Post
I have some ideas for names for this league;

"The Kind of Mediocre League"

"The Not Very Good League"

"The Not As Good As It Could Be League"

"The Boring To Watch League"

Very easy to figure out why any of these names would fit, the guy has already said; "if there are better players THAT ARE NOT WHITE, they will not be considered". "Bear" Bryant wasn't able to convince the University of Alabama administration that he needed Black players after winning only 12 of 23 games in '69 and '70. It took Sam Cunningham to do that. After that Bryant could recruit who he wanted and "Bama" started winning again.

So, if you're looking to watch a "Not Very Good League", this is for you.

golfgod

2004 Olympics Puerto Rico 92 USA 73; Argentina 89 USA 81; (LeBron James, Tim Duncun, Allen Iverson, Carmelo Anthony) plus they lost to Lithuania.

Old 01-22-2010, 12:29 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,323,433 times
really not a good argument to make a case with the US losing to those teams
those US olympic teams had been playing for months together at most, while these teams play together for years. chemistry and knowing how each other plays is something none of you are taking into consideration. also there are really lame international rules those teams/players were used to playing with that are completely different to NBA rules.
the US's "redeem team" last year had played together for a longer period of time producing the expected results. blowouts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PPhbHMaf7k

^LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies