Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2010, 08:06 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,377,476 times

Advertisements

The legacy of the village idiot lives on in the form of that steely eyed conservative Supreme Court Justice Roberts. The decisions that will come down because of his lunacy will set this country back, not forward. Here is the latest effect of this joke of a man.

Editorial - The Court’s Blow to Democracy - NYTimes.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:23 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,920,640 times
How do you figure this is all Justice Roberts' decision or responsibility? Look to page 8 for the summary of how each Justice voted on the parts of the case.

For those who actually care to read the brief it can be found here:
http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/09pdf/08-205.pdf

Old 01-21-2010, 08:37 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,257,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
The legacy of the village idiot lives on in the form of that steely eyed conservative Supreme Court Justice Roberts. The decisions that will come down because of his lunacy will set this country back, not forward. Here is the latest effect of this joke of a man.

Who wrote this warm, steaming , pile of Pelosi? I don't see his/her name anywhere but I don't see anything in the piece that sounds like it is written by a constitutional lawyer. In fact, I see this person trying to interpret the Constitution to fit his liberal thinking instead of being fair at all. I guess this is one of the main reasons I didn't do anything to let the al Times of New York know my e-mail address when I changed it. Yep, that is it.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:43 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,302,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post

Be be a village idiot you would have to have been born in a village.

In that case that makes Obama the village idiot.

Stop stealing my names!

Obama is the village idiot and I am the one who gave him his EARNED name.

Roberts is awesome by the way.

He has done a fantastic job.

Old 01-21-2010, 08:46 PM
Bub

235 posts, read 380,453 times
Dang, didnt we just squash this spin somewhere else? Here is the VOTE:
[SIZE=3]KENNEDY, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which ROBERTS, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]C. J., and SCALIA and ALITO, JJ., joined, in which THOMAS, J., joined as to all but Part IV, and in which STEVENS, GINSBURG, BREYER, and SO-TOMAYOR, JJ., joined as to Part IV. ROBERTS, C. J., filed a concurring opinion, in which ALITO, J., joined. SCALIA, J., filed a concurring opinion, in which ALITO, J., joined, and in which THOMAS, J., joined in part. STEVENS, J., filed an opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part,in which GINSBURG, BREYER, and SOTOMAYOR, JJ., joined. THOMAS, J., filed an opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part.[/SIZE]

Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,823,165 times
Typical N Y Times articale. Wannder if they also want to change the speech rights of huge media corporations like that paper?

Old 01-21-2010, 09:00 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post

Obama is the village idiot and I am the one who gave him his EARNED name.
Oh, so you voted for Obama? I mean, I did but I certainly don't call him the village idiot...as a matter of fact, even though I didn't vote for Bush I never called him the village idiot either...nor Clinton. Hmm...I digress though...so you gave him his earned name? Wow, you must be proud.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:56 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your username tells us all, what is wrong with America.
Proud to be an American, means absolutely nothing to the younger and younger Generations.
This global crap has you all brain washed, poise to jump over a cliff, when Ala tells you to.
Settle down Francis. Get a grip, take a deep breath & realize that people questioning a government or country is a good thing. After all, look at how many people have been taking potshots at Obama...should we call them traitors? Global crap, explain that little statement if you can.

Old 01-21-2010, 09:59 PM
Bub

235 posts, read 380,453 times
Default Back on topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
Dang, didnt we just squash this spin somewhere else? Here is the VOTE:
KENNEDY, J., delivered the opinion of the Court, in which ROBERTS, C. J., and SCALIA and ALITO, JJ., joined, in which THOMAS, J., joined as to all but Part IV, and in which STEVENS, GINSBURG, BREYER, and SO-TOMAYOR, JJ., joined as to Part IV. ROBERTS, C. J., filed a concurring opinion, in which ALITO, J., joined. SCALIA, J., filed a concurring opinion, in which ALITO, J., joined, and in which THOMAS, J., joined in part. STEVENS, J., filed an opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part,in which GINSBURG, BREYER, and SOTOMAYOR, JJ., joined. THOMAS, J., filed an opinion concurring in part and dissenting in part
If you THINK this wasnt about FREEDOM OF SPEECH READ THE Decision

Old 01-22-2010, 05:49 AM

119 posts, read 263,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USAsucks View Post
Get ready for more wars, this is what corporations do, they keep us fighting so we buy more guns and bullets and bombs, it makes them rich off the military complex. Get ready for all your social programs to go away, no room for corporate profits and feeding the children who are poor. elected officals bought anb sold like expensive whores.

The thing that makes this the greatest nation on earth is our freedom. Most of which are never used or even considered to be freedoms.

For example, the freedom to leave anytime you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies