Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 08:51 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
It's up 20% max after inauguration. Far less than Bush's rise. Like I said, it only hurts the economy when the gov't gets involved, but it sure wins votes to act like Santa Claus.
And how large was that rise after 1 year of Bush's tenure? Were we better off at the end of Bush's reign than at the beginning?

That's the measure of a good president. That's what made Clinton, Reagan, and FDR successful.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 08:53 PM

6,084 posts, read 6,040,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
You are correct, it started the day Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid took control of congress.
Actually even some former Bush administration officials admit, Georgie's "ownership society" scheme had a lot to do with the housing bubble burst.

Look here and here in full.

Though the fanatically anti-O crowd will find some way to blame this and all the ills of the universe on him anyway.

Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
You actually think they were "opponents"? LOL.
Shhhhhhh
Casper

Old 01-24-2010, 09:48 PM

11,449 posts, read 14,461,350 times
Quote:

Who would have ever though it.

I'm sure you apply the SAME STANDARD to your hero Bush right? DOW lost what? 50%?

Moaning about a blip on the radar screen compared to what this country just lost (TRILLIONS) under the previous GOP rule, is downright comical.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:29 AM

35,016 posts, read 39,141,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm2008 View Post
How do you explain the fact that the DOW has went up over 30% since Obama took office?
They cant, because they dont understand what investors are.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:40 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,301,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
I'm sure you apply the SAME STANDARD to your hero Bush right? DOW lost what? 50%?

Moaning about a blip on the radar screen compared to what this country just lost (TRILLIONS) under the previous GOP rule, is downright comical.
You read my post and know I was not happy with Bush on many, many issues.
So no, he was not my hero. My business flourished under Bush and I give him full credit for being pro business. When his 2003 tax breaks hit was when my business went out the roof, that allowed people to have more money left over to spend.
Do you hold Lord Balfor accountable for a small blip when he gives him credit for a gallon of milk going down 0.05? Or when he tells us daily that Obama has caused the stock market to rise? You cannot have it both ways, which one is it? when it goes up Obama gets credit, when it comes down he blames Bush.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:40 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
And how large was that rise after 1 year of Bush's tenure? Were we better off at the end of Bush's reign than at the beginning?

That's the measure of a good president. That's what made Clinton, Reagan, and FDR successful.

It is called 9/11. The stock market did not fall because of anything Bush did in his first year, it fell because of 9/11. Anyone that is comparing the increase under Bush versus the increase under Obama needs to remember that. If you factor in 9/11 the stock market increased WAY more under Bush then under Obama.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:46 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Oh and as for the drop in September 2008 blame Lehman Brothers it was them declaring bankruptcy that caused that drop NOT Bush.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:49 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors

Who would have ever though it.

Barry Obama is to blame for the recent slide on Wall Street.

The global quarterly poll of investors and analysts who are Bloomberg subscribers finds that 77 percent of U.S. respondents believe Obama is too anti-business and four-out-of-five are only somewhat confident or not confident of his ability to handle a financial emergency.

U.S. investors overwhelmingly see President Barack Obama as anti-business and question his ability to manage a financial crisis, according to a Bloomberg survey.

Investors overwhelmingly see Obama as the anti business Presidunce.

They feel his does not have the ability to handle a financial crisis.

Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/bloomberg/20100121/pl_bloomberg/a8uii1bcrdmy - broken link)

And to think some people who have no clue were trying to spin this recent slide on Scott Brown when we now find out that the investor simply do not trust Obama at all.

"We the people" have spoken and are against Obama and his policies and decisions and now the "investors" have spoken, they do not trust Obama with their money.

Gosh liberals will hate this news.

I have said it many times, Obama could not run a kool aid stand without going bankrupt.
Every time the stock market looks to be recovering, 0bama comes up with a new threat to regulate another part of private business. this last time was his punishments on all banks with his new tax.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:51 AM

241 posts, read 267,325 times
Obama's policies seem to be better for smaller businesses, which I am happy about. I can't stand big business. These mega corps act like they know what's best for everyone. I wish he (or Bush) hadn't bailed out the banks. Too big to fail? Oh well!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies