Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2010, 07:25 PM

37,837 posts, read 21,936,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
Freedom of speech is an illusion.

Your IP could be "had." Indeed, we've already proven feds can and do snoop whenever they damn well please via the Patriot Act provisions.

This is not a free country.
shhhh............ I think the black helicopters are on their way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2010, 07:29 PM

768 posts, read 939,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Islamic jihadists? Yep, last I checked they were indeed muslims.
Right but the implication was that all Muslims were Terrorists.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
What is wrong with you?
A lot, clearly.

Troll better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
shhhh............ I think the black helicopters are on their way
There is nothing paranoid about mentioning the fact that feds monitor IP's for no good reason.

You know, you can Google this stuff.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:31 PM

7,545 posts, read 8,303,209 times
Quote:
Right but the implication was that all Muslims were Terrorists.
Implied by who?

Seriously, I think you have issues that extend beyond the keyboard.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:42 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,073,483 times
Quote:
You know, if you guys get together and just start randomly waiving flags, you might feel better about the fact that you can't manufacture an argument.

Really-taking comfort in numbers without thinking is something Americans specialize in. You'll love it.
Yet a funny thing is that you didn't really make an argument in the first place.

At first you highlight what you thought was wrong with the country, then you post a youtube video that tells people to 'just live their lives'. What on earth does that have to do with you not caring about your country?

It's soooo easy to say: oh I can't stand the US, or, I hate this country...BUT you know what they NEVER say after that? "I wish I could move to _____."

Old 01-22-2010, 09:46 PM

26,212 posts, read 19,436,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
I know what he's referring to, and it should be self evident.

Those Muslims don't want to take your freedoms or your liberty. They just don't believe you are "at liberty" to drop bombs on them ... round them up like cattle and torture them ... assassinate their leaders and replace them with puppets ... and expect to be greeted with flowers upon your invasion of their lands.

Now, just how hard is that to understand?

It's not hard. Unfortunately its not hard to ignore for alot of people either.

This country is downright shameful in its conduct, but its more than shame: It's murder on a global scale and these military actions are directed against Muslims. Drone attacks are on the rise in Afghanistan. A pilot sitting outside of Las Vegas (another fantasyland that appeals to America, like the fantasy we "fight for freedom and democracy") uses a joystick to kill people in another country and then goes home to watch "American Idol" and have supper with his family.

This country is full of sickness, and a symptom of this is ignorance

Old 01-22-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Seeing as it's only written in arabic, I highly doubt many of us here have. That said, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to decipher terrorists' messages. They are pretty open about telling us they want to kill us.
As opposed to invading and occupying a nation with 150,000 troops and 100,000 private contractors and actually doing just that?

Gee, can't figger out why they might not like us......

Old 01-22-2010, 09:54 PM

10,659 posts, read 10,686,910 times
^^^^^^^^
Tough crap, Unfortunately for you there is nothing you can do about it except whine on the internet and enjoy the life here in the greatest country on Gods green earth.......

Old 01-22-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
^^^^^^^^
Tough crap, Unfortunately for you there is nothing you can do about it except whine on the internet and enjoy the life here in the greatest country on Gods green earth.......
U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.! (waves flag furiously)

Old 01-22-2010, 10:04 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,167,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It's not hard. Unfortunately its not hard to ignore for alot of people either.

This country is downright shameful in its conduct, but its more than shame: It's murder on a global scale and these military actions are directed against Muslims. Drone attacks are on the rise in Afghanistan. A pilot sitting outside of Las Vegas (another fantasyland that appeals to America, like the fantasy we "fight for freedom and democracy") uses a joystick to kill people in another country and then goes home to watch "American Idol" and have supper with his family.

This country is full of sickness, and a symptom of this is ignorance
Have those drone attacks increased a bunch the last year? I think they have and who is to blame for that? Why Bush, of course.

Old 01-22-2010, 10:12 PM

27,625 posts, read 21,046,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatteress View Post
Since you don't seem to care about the US, maybe you'd be happier in another country.
I'm sure that many Americans would gladly become expatriates if they had the opportunity, whether they admit it or not. Family ties, financial obligations and other factors keep people planted. This country is not the America that many were born into or raised in. It has gone downhill on many levels. The dumbing down is the part that allowed the rest of the unsettling and upsetting things to unfold.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies