Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 10:09 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,374 times

Advertisements

Haiti is responsible for itself.What has Haiti done with all the charity money and foreign aid over the years?News reports stated that the average income was like $2.00 (yes 2 dollars) a day.If this is true most of the poulation has no business bringing children into the world.A lot of the old buildings they've shown on TV look like the ones the French originally built.What have they did with all the foreign aid from the past?Haiti needs a more progressive government and a higher level of education for it's populace and this is Haiti's problem not the USA's ,the blame for Haiti's problem rests solely on the stupidity and lack of foresight on Haitians and their government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
The fact that you admittedly know nothing about foreign affairs explains why you supported the horrible invasion of Iraq--the most unjust invasion since Hitler and Stalin sliced up Eastern Europe.

Let me clue you in: the war was not a favor to the people of Iraq. It was a deeply sick crime which had exactly the results those of us who opposed it from the beginning expected: mindless ethnic violence, a loss of stability, a loss of American prestige, and an increase in Iranian influence. We told you all this, and you stuck your fingers in your ears and screamed that we were Communists. You can stick your self-pity where the sun doesn't shine. Your despicable redneck alcoholic of a president broke Iraq; the rest of you bought it. Enjoy your purchase.

Any of those who ever supported the Iraq War in any fashion have so disgraced themselves that I am amazed they are still permitted to vote.

Are you still here, I thought you moved to Haiti? It is not as cold as Michigan and they speak French!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:34 AM

228 posts, read 483,200 times
Quote:
If you read the writings of Henry Kissinger or others from that era, it is clear that stability and anti-communism was by far the most important quality, and other issues such as "human rights" were not really relevant.
Hey, that sounds a lot like today, except replace the word 'communism' with 'terrorism'. Hmmm...

Old 01-24-2010, 03:09 PM

12,711 posts, read 13,476,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
When did I ever say I know nothing about foreign affairs?
You said you neither know or care what we did in Haiti. I extrapolated that to foreign affairs in general, because most conservative bigmouths wouldn't know Haiti or any other country if they were dropped out of a plane onto it.

Quote:
I actually started reading foreign policy books when I was around 8 years old and do some successful work in foreign policy today.
What, a mail-order bride?

Quote:
I think it was a big favor to the people of Iraq and clearly you have no reality about the barbarity of Saddam Hussein and family. He was killing around 1000 people a week and in a most gruesome fashion as well. Also considering his addiction to invading other countries willy nilly and his love for WMD's and terrorism, it was time for him to go.
Saddam invaded three countries since 1979, at least one of those times with our explicit approval.

The U.S. invaded, bombed, mined, or otherwise attacked at least eight countries in the same time period. Who has the "addiction" to "invading other countries"?

The '1000 killings a week' is a colossal lie, unless you are speaking of some period in Iraq considerably prior to our invasion. Or perhaps you are thinking of the deaths caused by our sanctions. In that case you mighy actually be close to the truth.

Quote:
I know some of you loved him and cherished his rule of the country as you support totalitarianism. But he had to go and the world is a better place for it.
If a big shiny gift-wrapped present to the Iranians--the people you are demanding war with next--is what you consider making the world a better place, you are right.

Quote:
In any case there is only so much heavy lifting for all these other people around the world we can do. At some point they have to take responsibility for their own lives.
Yeah. This sort of sanctimonious drivel reminds me of the scene in Caligula in which the emperor, having had his way with both one of his advisors and the man's bride before their wedding, states, "I hope you appreciate how I've exhausted myself to make your wedding day holy."

Last edited by djacques; 01-24-2010 at 03:18 PM..

Old 01-24-2010, 03:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,405,055 times
per op
white guilt is the hottest product on the market it can even be exported.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:32 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You said you neither know or care what we did in Haiti. I extrapolated that to foreign affairs in general, because most conservative bigmouths wouldn't know Haiti or any other country if they were dropped out of a plane onto it.

What, a mail-order bride?

Saddam invaded three countries since 1979, at least one of those times with our explicit approval.

The U.S. invaded, bombed, mined, or otherwise attacked at least eight countries in the same time period. Who has the "addiction" to "invading other countries"?

The '1000 killings a week' is a colossal lie, unless you are speaking of some period in Iraq considerably prior to our invasion. Or perhaps you are thinking of the deaths caused by our sanctions. In that case you mighy actually be close to the truth.

If a big shiny gift-wrapped present to the Iranians--the people you are demanding war with next--is what you consider making the world a better place, you are right.

Yeah. This sort of sanctimonious drivel reminds me of the scene in Caligula in which the emperor, having had his way with both one of his advisors and the man's bride before their wedding, states, "I hope you appreciate how I've exhausted myself to make your wedding day holy."
America is a HORRIBLE country...so when are you leaving?? Almost as important....how is Michigan doing financially?? A state unfortunately filled with people that think like you......is it a wonder people are fleeing in droves???

Old 01-24-2010, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
America is a HORRIBLE country...so when are you leaving?? Almost as important....how is Michigan doing financially?? A state unfortunately filled with people that think like you......is it a wonder people are fleeing in droves???
Nice way to completely change the subject...I wasn't aware that a particular view on Middle East foreign policy was so critically decisive in the economic health of Michigan, thanks for sharing the insight.

Old 01-24-2010, 03:40 PM

639 posts, read 1,142,636 times
Not changing the subject....speaking on a percentage basis I could have predicted you were from either Michigan, California, or New York.....There are MANY America haters living in those states......

Old 01-24-2010, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtAJC View Post
Not changing the subject....speaking on a percentage basis I could have predicted you were from either Michigan, California, or New York.....There are MANY America haters living in those states......
I didn't know the percentage of "America haters" (whatever that even means) was regularly calculated by state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies