Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 08:19 AM

203 posts, read 162,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spunky1 View Post
Oh Southpoint you are a brave soul! It is true that many on the left believe that FOX is biased but every left-leaning media outlet is "mainstream", "centrist" and "unbiased!" It has continued to astonish me. And you are even braver to mention Rush's name because he is definately persona non grata here!

The expanation is simply in my opinion; for so many years there was no other side expressed except the lefts so people assumed that what the media expressed was "mainstream." Conservatives understood that the media was liberal. Then, FOX NEWS came into being and presented viewers another choice.

And FYI; I believe some on the left really believe that FOX is biased and their news outlet of choice isnt. .
Bill Oreilly is an Independent but agrees with many conservative views and they hate him too!
Thanks for the support. I will need it in here. I agree with another one of your posts and that is about a reporter and a commentator. Unfortunately, it seems like most of the news I see now is spitting out some biased version of a story. I remember back in the day when the news was the news. Here are the facts and you make up your mind. Unfortunately, today it is all about ratings. Now the news is trying to sensationalize their point of view to grab ratings. With young minds being twisted by the liberal biased universities today, they become the target of the media. This is why I am stuck having to watch so many different shows. I have to get all the extremists point of view and then go right up the middle to get close to the truth. I do not think there is even one program out there that is 100% down the middle. How many liberal lefties will say that? Most will say their side is 100% right and the conservative side is 100% wrong. That is an impossibility.

What confuses me is what is the end game of the left wing liberals? What is there point? What do they want America to become? I want a strong America, that gives individuals the right to create and follow their own dreams and not be held back by government policy or programs. I want low taxes and less social programs. I want to foster a self empowered environment, rather than a "I need help" environment. I want to show everyone they can succeed if the work hard enough. I want to make sure EVERYONE has the same exact rights and opportunity, no more and no less. I want to pick my doctor and not have him/her picked for me. I want to make my life what I want it to be. I am a month to month person with my pay. I do not make a lot, but that is of my choosing. I do not want to devote my life to work, so I make less. I do not need the government to take away from someone else, to give to me. I do not want it. I am responsible for my own life, not the government.

I just don't know what it is that the liberals want....besides to vent all their anger about their own lifes at other people. I think they just like to blame someone else, for their own failures in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2007, 09:29 AM

1,135 posts, read 3,982,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
See, this is my point. Your info is all wrong. You do not watch the show. .
No, I dont watch 0'Reilly, but I dont throw rocks at cars from
overpasses either. Our newspapers printed his original diatribe
and responded to it item for item, as did other newspapers across
the state. The attack on Lippert got alot of space, too.
O'Reilly was a little more gentle during the Cashman fiasco so
maybe you are confusing the two.
The eager and willing droids that took part in the media blitz
to harrass VT papers editors and ring up the state capitol shows
maybe Darwin was wrong....

Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
A final remark on this thread (for me).

This bashing goes both ways. I suggest we all call it quits on the finger pointing. There are as many conservatives calling media leftwingnutz as liberals or progressives calling conservatives rightwingnutz.

It shows how truly polarized we are in this country when we can't see our our shadow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpoint View Post
I find it really funny how much conservative news bashing there is on these threads. I wonder if people that cut up convervative news programs actually listen FULLY to both sides. For instance, there are 3 programs I generally listen to.

Old 05-26-2007, 09:49 AM

5,110 posts, read 7,140,512 times
Quote:
NBC Today Show........extremely left wing Liberals. They twist information and outright lie

When? When they do summer fashion? Whne they do "stories" that are simply cross promotions of other NBC programs or Universal (NBC) movies?

Or when they take a minute to do "news," they take White House proganda and report it as news....

Old 05-26-2007, 10:13 AM

203 posts, read 162,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

This bashing goes both ways. I suggest we all call it quits on the finger pointing. There are as many conservatives calling media leftwingnutz as liberals or progressives calling conservatives rightwingnutz.

It shows how truly polarized we are in this country when we can't see our our shadow!
I'm with you on this one. I am tired. I going to have a nice glass of lemonade.

Old 05-28-2007, 02:10 AM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheroad View Post

It does get wearysome sometimes doesn't it.

Old 05-28-2007, 07:58 AM

5,642 posts, read 15,711,475 times
At least there's a divide because back in the 60s everything swung one way (but I wasn't born then).

Old 05-28-2007, 08:01 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,120,494 times
Well, I was born before back then--and there were many divides.

What are you referring to?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNick View Post
At least there's a divide because back in the 60s everything swung one way (but I wasn't born then).

Old 05-28-2007, 08:49 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
I was born before back then as well, and I can without hesitation of any sort report that things did not swing all one way and that there were divides that were as broad and deep as those of today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies