Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Confederate Flag is a symbol of:
Racism, slavery, and segregation 129 49.62%
Southern culture, history, and freedom 131 50.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2010, 06:55 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,658,013 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVA1990 View Post
A nice practice I'd like to see would be on April 13 of every year, we burn a confederate flag on the steps of each seceding state's capitol.
As long as we burn an American flag right along with it. Let's be fair and equal.

Old 01-24-2010, 06:58 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Princess Love, is it any less racist to have an all-white town in the Northeast? They do exist up there.
There were also places like where I grew up, in my upbringing, that refused to stray from upholding equality. We were living it out so thoroughly we didn't have to think about it anymore than you'd have to think about breathing.

So why are these people stuck?

Old 01-24-2010, 07:08 PM

Because that's the way they were raised. To exclude others not up to their standards.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:11 PM

61 posts, read 35,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
Just like you overstepped his whole argument because he blew yours into the hereafter? So you start calling him a loser. I think YOU can't accept the truth.

You lost. Get over it already. I wish some white man would dream of owning me.

Quote:
Princess Love, is it any less racist to have an all-white town in the Northeast? They do exist up there.
They are plently of all white neighborhoods in the south too. And some are even where some KKK "headquarters' are. I would do anything to live in NYC. Or even Atlanta, anything but Mississippi.

One thing NYC has is DIVERSITY. In my backwoods town it's either black or white. I like meeting people who come from different backgrounds. I rather not be stuck in this time warp.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:12 PM

I don't need diversity--I hate all people equally. Black, white, it doesn't matter.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:18 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,009,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessLove View Post
You lost. Get over it already. I wish some white man would dream of owning me.

They are plently of all white neighborhoods in the south too. And some are even where some KKK "headquarters' are. I would do anything to live in NYC. Or even Atlanta, anything but Mississippi.

One thing NYC has is DIVERSITY. In my backwoods town it's either black or white. I like meeting people who come from different backgrounds. I rather not be stuck in this time warp.
I'm not balling over the south's loss in the late unpleasantness, but I think (no, scratch that) KNOW that you call anyone who backs you into a corner and shoots down all your arguments and accusations a racist, sorry hon', but I don't play that game. Besides, nobody said anything about owning you anyway. Trust me, these days I think a time warp would be a good idea, I can't stand congestion and big city life personally.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:
I don't need diversity--I hate all people equally. Black, white, it doesn't matter.

Sounds like you have a personal issue, lol.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert kid View Post
I'm not balling over the south's loss in the late unpleasantness, but I think (no, scratch that) KNOW that you call anyone who backs you into a corner and shoots down all your arguments and accusations a racist, sorry hon', but I don't play that game. Besides, nobody said anything about owning you anyway. Trust me, these days I think a time warp would be a good idea, I can't stand congestion and big city life personally.

Okay whatever. Anyone who supports the Confederacy and all that they stood for is a racist. And that is how I approach you. TexasReb mindset is to defend the great confederacy at all costs. And look down upon the union as if they were the villains.

Are you serious you would rather live in hicktown, usa then the big city? It's like prison. I really feel isolated here. No good shopping, filled with the same boring chain resturants (though I mostly make homecooked meals), and there's really just nothing to do. If you do something less than desirable to the residents here everyone knows about it the next day. Be careful when visiting really small towns as they are not welcoming at all to newcomers. Backwards, I know. Been to NYC before and loved it. There's really no place quite like it.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:48 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,389,847 times
The Confederate flag represent dumb people who are unhappy living in America but too cowardly to move out of the country. Losers and pathetically weak people who are aliens in their own nation.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:53 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
The Confederate flag represent dumb people who are unhappy living in America but too cowardly to move out of the country. Losers and pathetically weak people who are aliens in their own nation.
If that's what this debate has come to, then I think this debate has officially jumped the shark.

Actually, I love that the poll is now tied exactly, 50%-50%, with 72 votes total. It shows that this is a good debate to have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies