Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: The Confederate Flag is a symbol of:
Racism, slavery, and segregation 129 49.62%
Southern culture, history, and freedom 131 50.38%
Voters: 260. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 02:25 PM

392 posts, read 559,542 times

Advertisements

Whooptie doo, who cares about the Dukes of Hazard, with a KKK flag on top of their car. This has no relevence. The overwhelming use of the flag in NW Indiana is not one of ignorance but rather it is used with a racist agenda.

Here is another KKK rally for you with Klans men proudly depicting their terrorist symbols of the flag and Hitler hale, left arm up with hand open. Hey face it, give it up, it is a symbol of hate. Have you heard of the kkk, kOOL KOLORED kIDS, Who cares, your opinion is shallow and void in light of many evidences. You must be a flag waver yourself.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:27 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gideon7620 View Post
Whooptie doo, who cares about the Dukes of Hazard, with a KKK flag on top of their car. This has no relevence. The overwhelming use of the flag in NW Indiana is not one of ignorance but rather use with a racist agenda.

Here is another KKK rally for you with Klans men proudly depicting their terrorist symbols of the flag and Hitler hale, left arm up with hand open. Hey face it, give it up, it is a symbol of hate. Have you heard of the kkk, kOOL KOLORED kIDS, Who cares, your opinion is shallow and void in light of many evidences. You must be a flag waver yourself.
Another poster found, and posted, a Klan rally with the United States flag being used.

Is your desire to also ban the United States flag also (since the KKK used it?)

OBTW: How about knocking off personally attacking other posters because they disagree with you? You are in violation of the TOS when you do this. Let's keep the tone civil - OK?

Old 02-06-2010, 02:27 PM

392 posts, read 559,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
Gideon:

I think that your objectivity is tainted by a small number in a perverted hate group.

I LOVE the history of the South and enjoy learning about our Nation's past. Mostly, I enjoy how that history isn't always as it appears.

There are many perversions occurring with the flags and symbols of the south as well as perversions in the telling and perceptions of her history.

There are also perversions in the telling of the history of Christ, but I wouldn't suggest all believers to throw their faith in Christ out the window.

Many in the KKK consider themselves to believe in God. Should God be thrown out and banned?

I get grumpy at times, but could never be considered a "hate monger".

Ignorant of some facts? Yes. I'm guilty at times of this. But I don't wear my ignorance as a badge. I still want to keep learning.
Let me guess, you learned your history in a Christian School perhaps or maybe even down south.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:28 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,683 times
Quote:
Let me guess, you learned your history in a Christian School perhaps or maybe even down south.
I'm not sure of the relevancy of your statement, but keep guessing.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Here is another KKK rally for you with Klans men proudly depicting their ...
Well, here in my region, we don't have the KKK waving the flag as you suggest -

So, while in Indiana you may have a few outcasts, that should not be considered stereotypical across the country.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Your statement above is certainly a non sequiter.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinstyler View Post
I'm not sure of the relevancy of your statement, but keep guessing.
There was no relevancy. When someone cannot support their position, they will often resort to personal attacks or innuendos.

It means, he does not have a leg to stand on.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:35 PM

3,378 posts, read 5,007,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Your statement above is certainly a non sequiter.
What are you talking about Greatday? His whole ARGUMENT is a non sequiteur! I've never even truly been down south but I know enough that it isn't smart to assume ridiculous things about the Confederate flag and it's flyers like you and I.

Like I said, it's objective in it's meaning, it means anything to anyone and southern pride to me.

Old 02-06-2010, 02:37 PM

621 posts, read 1,053,683 times
Quote:
There was no relevancy. When someone cannot support their position, they will often resort to personal attacks or innuendos.

It means, he does not have a leg to stand on.
You're right.

I need to stop feeding the "trolls".

Old 02-06-2010, 02:41 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,598,982 times
Quote:
Another poster found, and posted, a Klan rally with the United States flag being used.

Is your desire to also ban the United States flag also (since the KKK used it?)

OBTW: How about knocking off personally attacking other posters because they disagree with you? You are in violation of the TOS when you do this. Let's keep the tone civil - OK?
Hell, GreatDay, why bother to dignify all that?

Inane rants and raves used to bother me. Today? More and more I just see them as what they really are. Inarticulate, hateful, clowns who don't know which end of the jack is up. They don't usually even make their own sides proud. Mostly trolls...

And I just want to go on record as...

*snorts in pure contempt of the breed" ..and tell 'em all to just kiss my Bonnie Blue, Lone Starred, Texas/Southern ass. And be done with it.
'

Last edited by TexasReb; 02-06-2010 at 03:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies