Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2010, 09:32 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
If those who post on this forum are at all inclined to care about individual freedom listen up!

The Obama Regime is working at Light Speed to throw your freedom out the window. Everything from controlling your relationship with your medical provider with how you decide using the electricity in your home! Yes Obama AKA Big Brother wants to know!

For Example!;

• He wants your Private Medical Records Uploaded on a Computer Grid!
  • He wants so called Smart Meters installed by every Power Utility Monopoly on your home to Monitor, Collect Information about what you do in your home and Increase your Energy Rates forcing you into what Big Brother deems the way you should live
      • "How authentic the calibration of these so called "smart meters" is very ominous. Truly one must begin to wonder how much information Utility Monopolies can acquire and what they will do with that information. Are these so called Smart Meters in the Citizenry's best Interest or is it another step towards Big Brother and the complete eradication of our individual freedom."
  • He is Spying Monitoring all your Web Use and what sites you visit, as well as your Web Communications!
  • He is in the process of having congress approve a way to limit your Travel & driving!
I guess Mr. Obama misses the USSR!
Do you know how many arch-liberals have peptic ulcers after working themselves into a lather over George Bush's "Final Solution"? You're going down that same road, brother.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2010, 12:35 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
The smart-grid part is true. Our grid does need significant updating improvement to solve the "brown-outs" that has plagued the country for over a decade. However, the smart grid technology that also allows "spying" on energy usage to the point it can be determined when one is in the home or away, is, IMO, pretty creepy.

http://www.smartgridnews.com/artman/...Grid-1352.html

Solution: go off grid.

IIRC, the computerization of all medical records was buried in the "Stimulus" legislation, giving the HHS secretary all sorts of unprecidented power including abridging doctor/patient confidentiality. It was placed in the "stimulus" just in case "health reform" failed to pass.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...id=f:h1enr.pdf

Last edited by lifelongMOgal; 01-24-2010 at 12:47 AM.. Reason: links added

Old 01-24-2010, 02:18 AM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I have a smart meter, Obama wasn't involved however. Apparently my electric power company had been working on it for years.

Why does anything that occurs nowadays that people don't like end up "Obama wants...." when he most likely doesn't even know what you are talking about?

Old 01-24-2010, 03:54 AM

14,076 posts, read 20,528,322 times
If folks are that worried about being tracked, the first thing they oughta do is toss the cell phone and get off the internet.

Old 01-24-2010, 04:01 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
If folks are that worried about being tracked, the first thing they oughta do is toss the cell phone and get off the internet.
Yes, but it's so much easier for some people to act as if Barack Obama is the cause of all of their problems. You're ruining their fun.

Old 01-24-2010, 07:29 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
I don't have a problem with using less energy. I see my young liberal neighbors burn lights all day when they do not need them or when they leave for work with all the outside porch lights still burning. It is a matter of budget as far as I am concerned and we try to limit our time using our energy here. But it is a personal choice and not a gov mandated one. Too bad people can't seem to conserve on their own a little. I would hate to see punishment taxes for those abusers however. As far as spying on our computers, that has been in place for a long time and as long as the people in power don't start knocking on resident's doors, I could care less what they read that I write or visit.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:04 AM

1,249 posts, read 2,963,402 times
Default Good Heads Up lifelongMogal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The smart-grid part is true. Our grid does need significant updating improvement to solve the "brown-outs" that has plagued the country for over a decade. However, the smart grid technology that also allows "spying" on energy usage to the point it can be determined when one is in the home or away, is, IMO, pretty creepy.

Smart Grid: How Privacy (Or Lack of It) Could Sabotage the Grid

Solution: go off grid.

IIRC, the computerization of all medical records was buried in the "Stimulus" legislation, giving the HHS secretary all sorts of unprecidented power including abridging doctor/patient confidentiality. It was placed in the "stimulus" just in case "health reform" failed to pass.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-...id=f:h1enr.pdf
Ditto on all of the above. Many still bash the Bush era for breaching our privacy and conspiring against our individual freedoms. IMHO I just think Bush had a heart with good intentions but in many cases was misguided.

This president Obama and his Storm Troopers are actively engaging in malicious ways to undermine our individual freedoms only to gain himself more power and control. He is a Soviet Style Communist!

Old 01-24-2010, 10:14 AM

29,981 posts, read 42,930,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Ditto on all of the above. Many still bash the Bush era for breaching our privacy and conspiring against our individual freedoms. IMHO I just think Bush had a heart with good intentions but in many cases was misguided.

This president Obama and his Storm Troopers are actively engaging in malicious ways to undermine our individual freedoms only to gain himself more power and control. He is a Soviet Style Communist!
Actually, if you read about Mao and his early years and influences, I see Obama's vision more like that of Mao (super strong centralized government). In a slight way, the economic down turn is a mixed blessing. Think what this man could do if the economy where not holding him back.

Let's face it, the smart grid has been being developed for a very long time. It will take a huge amount of money. But, without it, electrical distribution in our country remains at great risk, not only to terrorists but to any number of meltdowns similar to those we've seen in the past in the Northeast US and in CA. Significant technological advances have a history of lessening our degree of personal privacy.

As I see it, there is still a choice: people can choose to go along with the potential infringements of the smart grid, or go off-grid.

Old 01-24-2010, 10:15 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
No he is not.....Sounds like something a teabagger would make up...lol

Why would a gay guy make this up?

Old 01-24-2010, 10:28 AM

110 posts, read 373,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSG View Post
As soon as you start calling names you've lost the argument.
Then you are really on a roll then:

Quote:
Nope, I feel the same way about him that you nutters screamed about Bush for 8 years. Sleep with that every night. Obama means nothing to me.
0bama - "But this isn't about me."

Quote:
LOL! It's hard to be a lefty tonight, isn't it?
Think A Chief Justice Is Above The Law, THINK AGAIN, The Constitution To The Rescue!

Quote:
So if one doesn't agree with the lunatic fringe left, they're trolls? Nice try.
Conervatives in the Supreme Court just Loosened Rules on Corporate Campagn Contibutions...

Quote:
Fat Ed proves what most of us understand about the left and their tactics. Q.E.D.
OBAMIE to the rescue in Mass

Quote:
This clown, twista, calls himself the "sober voice of reason"??
"I'd cheat to keep these bastards out!"

I'm sure there's plenty more in your brief history.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies