Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 AM

309 posts, read 1,210,543 times

Advertisements

Greetings,

What is really sad here is that there is more racism going on today then back in the Civil War...
Be Blessed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 11:07 AM

1,333 posts, read 3,225,651 times
I don't get it. If the South is such a racist place and it's just so terrible for blacks, why is it that more blacks live in the South then any other region of the U.S.?

As for Angus Podgorny, you really are playing in left field, aren't you? I mean you must really live in your own little fantasy land. What a nutjob.

Old 01-30-2010, 11:43 AM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post
I don't get it. If the South is such a racist place and it's just so terrible for blacks, why is it that more blacks live in the South then any other region of the U.S.?

Not only that, Chadro...why is that both white and black Southerners express more good will and feelings and optomisim on race-relations than in any other part of the country (Harris Poll...South defined as the 11 Confederate States plus Oklahoma and Kentucky). Why are so many blacks moving BACK to the South? A great migration in its own right?

Quote:
As for Angus Podgorny, you really are playing in left field, aren't you? I mean you must really live in your own little fantasy land. What a nutjob.
*grins* I refrain from comment, at the moment...

Old 01-30-2010, 11:49 AM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angus Podgorny View Post
No, it was about ignorant crackers.

I would hope the people posting here have a level of intelligence somewhere above that of the Dukes, but after reading some of these pro-slavery flag comments, it's doubtful.
Well then what about the Jeffersons. Classic example of how some black folks stepped right over whitey and moved on up. Ole George was constantly putting down whitey. Not for that, but he was the most obnoxious little black bastard I ever saw. But not because of his color did I feel that way. uh..uh..he was just an obnoxious little black bastard.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:02 PM

900 posts, read 672,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadro77 View Post

Blacks live in the south because that's where your ancestors took them when they bought them. Then, after the Civil War freed them, you all (or is that y'all?) did your damnedest to keep them poor and in line with your Jim Crow laws and your lynchings and your KKK. It worked.

I know it's painful for you guys to hear the other side of the coin. You know, if you visit those websites with confederate flags all over the top, you'll hear nothing but good things about the Rebs and the south. You should consider visiting only those sites, lest you be offended by somebody speaking the truth.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:06 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atilla View Post
Well then what about the Jeffersons. Classic example of how some black folks stepped right over whitey and moved on up. Ole George was constantly putting down whitey. Not for that, but he was the most obnoxious little black bastard I ever saw. But not because of his color did I feel that way. uh..uh..he was just an obnoxious little black bastard.
I guess Archie Bunker was your hero!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:08 PM

17,531 posts, read 24,695,782 times
Northerners flying the Treason flag is like white or asian kids walking around with their "pants on the ground".

Old 01-30-2010, 12:17 PM

10,239 posts, read 19,606,576 times
Quote:
Blacks live in the south because that's where your ancestors took them when they bought them.
Uhhh, say again, Angus? Who sold who to begin with and who brought them to the South?

Answer is:

1. Africans sold their own into slavery
2. The slave trade itself was a purely northeast commodity.

Quote:
Then, after the Civil War freed them, you all (or is that y'all?) did your damnedest to keep them poor and in line with your Jim Crow laws and your lynchings and your KKK. It worked.
You did good. It is "y'all!

But once again (or is it the thousanth time?), tell me where the utopia for blacks existed? I mean, was it in the North? Or in Africa? It is easy to condemn the South for its history... but no one ever seems to answer to question of where it was so much better. Tell me, I am all ears.

Quote:
I know it's painful for you guys to hear the other side of the coin. You know, if you visit those websites with confederate flags all over the top, you'll hear nothing but good things about the Rebs and the south. You should consider visiting only those sites, lest you be offended by somebody speaking the truth.
LOL Hell, Angry Angus, most of us Southerners have grown up hearing about how evil our ancestors were. Winners write the history, after all.

What can't be handled by many northerners -- thanks to threads like this -- is that they are subject to a different side of it all. And not equipped to deal with it.

Old 01-30-2010, 12:26 PM

900 posts, read 672,929 times
Not at all. I like fiction as much as the next guy. That's why these alternate versions of American history put forth by the rebs and the reb wannabees are so amusing.

Again Reb, you continually dodge my question as to what you and I can do together to make our mutual dream come true - which is that all you states rights secession loving types get the hell out of my country!

Old 01-30-2010, 12:29 PM

1,133 posts, read 712,542 times
Quote:
Anybody who watched either show is a pea-brain.

Interesting that you felt the need to insert the word 'black' there in front of bastard. Hmmmmmm.
Well he wasn't white, now was he Angus?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies