Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:33 AM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times

Advertisements

Beg pardon, but the picture is real.

Obama can't go anywhere without TOTUS, not even to read a speech and answer a few questions from the press.

That is just a fact.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
And I thought John Kerry was full of himself. Honestly, that is horrible. Is he going to refuse to speak unless someone writes his words for him from now on? Is this the decision of his campaign guy he brought back to service? Mr. President, these are kids. Speak "TO" them, don't try to speak "ABOVE" and "AT" them. This is an opportunity to shoot from the hip and speak with the kids. You don't have to speak on their level but you don't have to pretend it's another campaign stop.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:38 AM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
He should have just had one of the 6 graders speak for him.

What a total fool.

Does he not know that the kids would even wonder why he cannot talk for himself?

Or was this just another photo op to pretend he cares about kids.

After all education WAS important to him a year ago and he has not even mentioned it.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:39 AM

14,100 posts, read 28,528,095 times
Oh god,...for fans of Futurama, doesn't the above display remind you of the antics of Zapp Brannigan?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:49 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
It just makes no sense to me. None at all. Either his handlers are trying to make him look foolish, or it's a mix of his ego and their antics.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Maybe it proves that he can't even speak at a 6th grade level without assistance.

I used to think he was a great speaker when I heard him on the original campaign trail. Actually, I realize his teleprompters deserve the praise. He himself is nothing to rave about.

We can all read, and we could read his teleprompters just as well as he does.

The photo is a stark contrast to Bush sitting with the children and reading to them something that they actually care about and can understand, without trying to program their impressionable minds with his self-importance and how he's looking out for them and only the government has their best interests at heart.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:53 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
It just makes no sense to me. None at all. Either his handlers are trying to make him look foolish, or it's a mix of his ego and their antics.

hussein obama is a snake oil salesman so he brings all his props with him. I bet this joker takes his teleprompter with him to the bathroom in case he needs to ask for a roll of toilet paper.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:03 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
hussein obama is a snake oil salesman so he brings all his props with him. I bet this joker takes his teleprompter with him to the bathroom in case he needs to ask for a roll of toilet paper.

lol!!! Kind of like a patient in the hospital that has to drag their IV with them everywhere they go...

Old 01-25-2010, 06:09 AM

110 posts, read 373,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Wow.. Just, WOW..

Gateway Pundit (http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/2010/01/sad-obama-brings-teleprompter-to-speak-to-6th-grade-class/ - broken link)
Wow...just wow. HOW GULLIBLE YOU PEOPLE ARE.

He wasn't addressing school children, he was addressing the media and the cameras.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sigQHDGxysk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfyGaoS3-E

Last edited by Yardener; 01-25-2010 at 07:04 AM..

Old 01-25-2010, 06:45 AM

110 posts, read 373,132 times
Default How Quickly Lies Spread

There are currently at least two threads on here spreading a lie (that is apparently spreading through the right wing blogosphere faster than lightning) that President Obama used a teleprompter to talk to 6th graders.
They show this picture and caption:

President Speaks to 6th Grade Class.... WITH TELEPROMPTERS!

http://gatewaypundit.firstthings.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/obama-6th-grade.jpg (broken link)

Of course it isn't true. He was addressing the people of the U.S. through the media. Yes, reporters and photographers, not children.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sigQHDGxysk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aSfyGaoS3-E

It amazes me how quickly these lies become "truth" to some people. I remember one of my co-workers coming into the office proclaiming that Obama wanted to outlaw backyard gardens. I asked her about it, and she said she read it on the Internet, but called Jim Demint's office (I live in South Carolina), who confirmed it as truth. Of course, that was another lie. The 1st President to have a vegetable garden in HIS backyard at the White House had no intention of "outlawing backyard gardens."

I have serious doubts about our ability as a nation to even have a proper discussion about politics when so much of the conversation is based on lies and horrible misrepresentations. I'm sure it's gone both ways. I'm sure someone can point to some lie or exaggeration that was spread about President Bush. My point is, I guess, don't believe every stupid thing you see on the Internet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies