Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 04:39 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,148,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
I see you conveniently left out this quote from the article:

"The document clearly indicates that it is an RNC mailer."
Here is what I received. I don't think that anyone can say that it was not done intentionally to mislead folks. Sneaky and misleading.

No wonder there are so many independents- if independents could vote in primaries in my state, I would be one, too.

(NOTE- I am not able to upload scan of envelope- keep getting message that file is too big and I don't know how to resize.)

Last edited by Magnolia Bloom; 01-25-2010 at 05:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 05:18 PM

572 posts, read 1,605,269 times
I haven't seen it. I was just going off of what was posted in the news article. I wish they would have posted a photo of the mailing in that article but the media sometimes isn't very bright. I can't say if it was sneaky or an attempt to be misleading. I just find it puzzling that the intended user can't read the thing and figure out if it says "RNC" or "Census" because I doubt it says both. Besides, wouldn't someone have to know what a census form looks like for a RNC donation solicitation to appear identical? I have no idea what a census form is supposed to look like. They only mail them out every 10 years right?

Old 01-25-2010, 05:21 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,700,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
GOP sends letter appearing to be census form - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100125/ap_on_el_ge/us_gop_census - broken link)

Yeah Mass., NJ, Va. the Dems really have 'em on the run! LOL!

Old 01-25-2010, 05:22 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,700,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Here is what I received. I don't think that anyone can say that it was not done intentionally to mislead folks. Sneaky and misleading.

No wonder there are so many independents- if independents could vote in primaries in my state, I would be one, too.

(NOTE- I am not able to upload scan of envelope- keep getting message that file is too big and I don't know how to resize.)

Yeah it was stupid, I opened it realized what it was and tossed it. No harm no foul.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:39 PM

Time2Travel-

I really wish I could post it. I also received a mailing a month or so ago from the republican party that was a "congressional survey". On the front of the envelope, it said to make sure to sign the survey- but the only place on the entire form to place a signature was in an area where you would pledge money.

I've been a dem most of my life, a republican for the past almost four years. I'm fed up with both parties. They take the voter for granted. Between Obama being elected and now the republican senator in Mass., one would think that both parties would have the message by now.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:41 PM

11,574 posts, read 13,901,517 times
Over a week later and they are STILL trying to downplay the Dem's loss in MA.

Pathetic. Take your lumps and move on.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,824,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnolia Bloom View Post
Time2Travel-

I really wish I could post it.

I also received a mailing a month or so ago from the republican party that was a "congressional survey". On the front of the envelope, it said to make sure to sign the survey- but the only place on the entire form to place a signature was in an area where you would pledge money.
I get those all the time. What's the big deal?

Another manufactured non-story by the Left.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I get those all the time. What's the big deal?

Another manufactured non-story by the Left.
I don't know. I guess you'll have to ask the Associated Press.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:52 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,212,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Who's desperate?

We just won a huge election in liberal Mass - nothing to be desperate about.
My thoughts exactly! The O.P. is delusional!

I think at this moment there is more hope in the GOP than in the Democrat Party, which is in total meltdown. They have no clue what hit them. They thought this would be a cakewalk!

Sorry Dems, the Amereican people are not as stupid as you thought.

Old 01-25-2010, 06:00 PM

30,421 posts, read 20,212,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
That was a national senate seat, not a local one. Brown will represent the state of Massachusetts and will vote on laws that affect all americans. The national heathcare bill wasn't exclusive to Massachusetts was it?
Such a good point. I think it was a mistake to ammend the Constitution for Senators to be popularly elected. The founders were very smart. Senators should represent State interests as the founders intended.

It was Progressives, as it turns out, that were responible for this change in the Constitution.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies