Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 05:42 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It depends on who you listen to about this. It seems that Valerie Jarrett thinks it is thousands and thousands. Robert Gibbs says it is 1.5 million and The Man, himself says 2 million.

They all got together this weekend and decided to be a bit more aggressive in their talk and these three widely disparate numbers came out of them on Saturday and Sunday. You can hear all of them saying those numbers on Fox whether anyone else has those videos or not.

Think about how those aggressive progressives manage to fail to get together with their numbers. What is going on?
Hilarious, isn't it? They cannot get their stories straight.

My opinion? Zero. If they had done anyting, it would be apparent by now. But, we're worse off than we were when this clown took office.

Any trained monkey could have done better than Obama. What do you expect from a "community organizer" (with no responsibility to show any accomplishment). He is out of his element. He now has real responsibility; and he has no clue what to do. Pathetic excuse for a President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 05:45 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
They have no clue.

Let me tell them how many jobs were saved.

Answer would be ZERO.

We are 8.5 million jobs in the hole thanks to the job killing machine.

Now watch Obama switch to telling us all how much he cares about jobs and how he can work hard to create millions of jobs.

It took him 1 year and a butt whoopin in Mass to even mention the word jobs.
And this idot is still in denial! He refused to blame himself. He will be blaming Bush for the next three years.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:50 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Yep another 7 years and he's done!
More like 3- years. I'll guarantee you that he doesn't run for a second term.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:54 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Boy, are you in denial.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:55 PM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
It depends on who you listen to about this. It seems that Valerie Jarrett thinks it is thousands and thousands. Robert Gibbs says it is 1.5 million and The Man, himself says 2 million.

They all got together this weekend and decided to be a bit more aggressive in their talk and these three widely disparate numbers came out of them on Saturday and Sunday. You can hear all of them saying those numbers on Fox whether anyone else has those videos or not.

Think about how those aggressive progressives manage to fail to get together with their numbers. What is going on?
I'm going to create 50 jobs!!

I'll get $5 worth of dimes, and place them on the sidewalk near various bus stops across my city. I'll count each person that stoops to pick up a dime as a job created.

I'm sure the 0bama administration will be thrilled with my idea.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:08 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Thanks for the civics lesson. What number would I use? I don't know, how do you calculate a "saved" job?
If you don't know (and so few of you do), what are you all shooting your mouths off over? If you had any idea of all this, you would never have asked the question. You would have known that you don't estimate jobs saved at all. The analyses estimate the number of jobs that actually exist within the economy and compare that to the most likely number that would have existed in the absence of the stimulus bill. The difference is jobs saved or created. The terminology exists only because you can't say that all of those jobs were newly created (even though there were just under 4.2 million new hires in November). Some part of the difference may be due to some business's plan to fire 250 people that got scaled back to 180 as the result of the stimulus. That's 70 jobs saved, and if you were one of those 70, you thought it was a big deal. But nobody seriously tries to "calculate" saved jobs at all. The term "jobs saved or created" refers to a single number. Not to the sum of two numbers.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualung View Post
I don't like computer models. They're not objective.
Another boy out to do a man's job. Why are they not objective? How many computer models have you ever built and how sophicticated were they that you have been able to surmise in this way that as a class they are not objective?

Old 01-25-2010, 08:13 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post

Meson is not even an American but follows American politics for some reason.

I am hoping that WE THE PEOPLE force Obama to resign before his 3 years is up.

Obama wont be running in 2012 because he already has killed the dems party and cost many of them jobs they thought were secure before he came along.

By the time he is done everyone will be hoping he resigns.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc0628 View Post
All of the saved jobs were in states and districts that only exist in Bambam's mind.
You DO realize that all those incorrect Congressional districts were written in by the good old, attention-paying, American people. The data on recovery.gov are As Reported by Recipients. It even says so in big letters. Perhaps not big enough, though.

Old 01-25-2010, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Hilarious, isn't it? They cannot get their stories straight. My opinion? Zero. If they had done anyting, it would be apparent by now.
And it IS apparent to everyone having any clue at all and paying any attention at all. Turns out that's a much smaller club than it ought to be, though...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies