Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 07:16 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,545,629 times

Advertisements

And then the Republicans still have to come up with a better choice in 2012. Who's that? Sarah Palin? Don't make me laugh.

You have to have somebody who wins independent votes, not just panders to the base. That's why Bob Dole didn't beat Bubba in '96, and why Kerry didn't win in '04. Independent voters make or break elections, not the wingnuts. They cancel each other out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2010, 07:19 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Queen View Post
Yes but let's look at this. Mondale was the other choice and the economy was booming no one wants to ruin that. If things stay like this Obama is done.
Well, duh. And that was four years into Reagan's first term. Yes, "if" things stay like this, Obama is headed for trouble, but "if" things remained the same for Reagan, he wouldn't have been reelected.

This isn't difficult to understand. I guess some people are hell-bent on bashing Obama, though. I'm done with this little back-and-forth. I think I may be wasting my energy.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:23 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Well, duh. And that was four years into Reagan's first term. Yes, "if" things stay like this, Obama is headed for trouble, but "if" things remained the same for Reagan, he wouldn't have been reelected.

This isn't difficult to understand. I guess some people are hell-bent on bashing Obama, though. I'm done with this little back-and-forth. It's a waste of my time.
I am not hell bent on anything. I am simply stating what I think will happen if things stay the way they are. Sorry that you have such an issue with that. Run along then.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:29 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Ever wonder why your rep points are so low?

Just say'in.
Rep points? You are kidding right, oh wait, you aren't. Sorry, I do not worry about such things. I admit, like anyone that posts here, that I enjoy like the idea that another poster believes I posted something worthy of praise, but if I never recieved another one my world would not come crashing down. I will leave keeping count of the gold starts to you, heck I couldn't have even told you what yours or even mine were, but I see you seemed to take an interest in mine, hmmmmm. Have Fun with that.
Casper

Old 01-25-2010, 07:32 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,828,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Seriously? Do I really have to tell everyone that this was pertaining to his first year in office? How old are we? You cannot figure out that this poll was regarding his first year in office when he's only been in office for one full year? Wow, I guess I need to dumb down the posting a bit for some people to understand.
No, you just need to smarten up your spin. Bush: The Most Polarizing President in History. The reached an 88% difference between party voters. Has Obama hit that level of polarization yet? So you're title isn't a pretty poor attempt at spinning? How old are you?

Also what methodology did Gallup use to identify (R), (D), and (I)?

Old 01-25-2010, 07:35 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
Oh pardon me I was typing with my CHILD on my lap. How about addressing the issue Mr. Grammar police.
It's not grammar, it's spelling.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:36 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
per op
i agree. we were all nuts about bush. that is why last election was so close.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:40 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,438,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfmnlf View Post
It's not grammar, it's spelling.

Hey genius spelling IS an integral part of grammar, which defines proper word usage. Some rules of grammar pertain specifically to spelling, such as plurals and possessives.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:43 PM

4,183 posts, read 6,522,118 times
Quote:
Hey genius spelling IS an integral part of grammar, which defines proper word usage. Some rules of grammar pertain specifically to spelling, such as plurals and possessives.
Look up the definition of grammar. Then we can talk.

Old 01-25-2010, 07:47 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Out of touch!

Wow, amazing that you believe the rep are out of touch.

Are you paying any attention to who is really out of touch?

I do not see an easy election coming so you have no clue.

Dems have a way to suck up gullible people who have no clue an those people get to vote.

Come on with Acorn and Obamas plan to allow millions of illegals in to vote who knows what will happen.

The TRUTH KILLS DEMOCRITS badly.

Yeah he is Polarizing THE STATE OF OUR ECONOMY, JOB LOSSES, WORST HOUSING SITUATION.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies