Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:29 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,474,008 times

Advertisements

I see a lot of politically dead Democrats!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Don't need a tissue. It's fine by me if you find me wanting. There are quite a few people here on CD that I find wanting, as well.

As far as no foundation of support that SP was one of the most unqualified VP candidates in a long time, here you are:

palin qualifications……was that vetted or wetted? « Finger Prick

State leaders question Palin's qualifications - Juneau Empire

Palin has spent little time in Juneau, rarely coming to the state capital except when the Legislature was in session, and sometimes not even then.

During a recent special session called by Palin herself, she faced criticism from several legislators for not showing up personally to push for her agenda.

Someone at the Capitol even printed up buttons asking "Where's Sarah?"

"At a time when her leadership was truly needed, we didn't know where she was," Doll said.

Palin Problem - Kathleen Parker - National Review Online

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

(This from a conservative Republican woman who wanted to support her.)

Bill Maher - Palin’s Qualifications | Sarah Palin Exposed

I am a life long Republican and I can tell you from personal FIRST HAND experience that Sarah Palin was in “over her head” as Mayor of ...
Hate to contradict but I don't agree that they are "wanting". Oh, don't get me wrong, they are in desperate "need" of logic and common sense, but the very idea of touting Palin as a person to quote and put trust in, is indicitive of the lack of the ability to offer an intelligent and lucid character judgement and they would not have it any other way. It's actually not too much of a stretch for anyone to be better qualified at most things than Palin, so do not belittle yourself for the sake of their ridiculous defense of the self-serving witch from Wasilla.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
I disagree. The president should lead the people, not follow them. But I wouldn't expect the person opining to understand such an advanced concept.
Lead them where? Sad, if a free people are so willing to be led.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Where he wants to lead, the people don't want to follow, rightfully so.

Why would people be obliged to follow a ruinous leader and his radical policies?
Good points!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Whether you conservatives like it or not, Obama won the election, so stop making up propaganda and lies and try working on coming out with a real candidate for 2012.
So, you want him replaced in 2012 also? Great!

Quote:
LOL, I knew that was coming! I've been the president of a babysitting co-op, similar to a PTA. I"ve been active in local politics in my city. I have a college degree for which I attended two colleges (one just one summer), and I actually had a career not involving politics, something Sarah can't say. I know there are two Koreas, and why. That's just a start.
Actually, Katiana, I don't understand the furor you started. It looks to me like you are just as qualified as Obama to be President. That's better than Gov.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LABART View Post
This is the best defence that the republicans have. If you don't like what you here--insult them!
But it's true, isn't it.

Quote:
Don't need a tissue. It's fine by me if you find me wanting. There are quite a few people here on CD that I find wanting, as well.

As far as no foundation of support that SP was one of the most unqualified VP candidates in a long time, here you are:

Palin has spent little time in Juneau, rarely coming to the state capital except when the Legislature was in session, and sometimes not even then.

During a recent special session called by Palin herself, she faced criticism from several legislators for not showing up personally to push for her agenda.

"At a time when her leadership was truly needed, we didn't know where she was," Doll said.

I am a life long Republican and I can tell you from personal FIRST HAND experience that Sarah Palin was in “over her head” as Mayor of ...
Obama is IN OVER HIS HEAD. He admitted going into the job that he didn't have the experience. He's proved it now.

Overall, it looks to me like the criticism of Palin is typical of political vultures.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Obama is IN OVER HIS HEAD. He admitted going into the job that he didn't have the experience. He's proved it now.

Overall, it looks to me like the criticism of Palin is typical of political vultures.
Some, yes, which is why Bush said she was unprepared for the public scrutiny she and her family would have to endure. However, not showing up for a special session of the legislature that she herself called is not just "political vulturism" (to coin a new word). That wouldn't fly here in Colorado.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:52 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,831,906 times
I would've voted for McCain, but he picked Palin. Palin is a goofball. I watched her during her Katie Couric interview. Here's a transcript.

COURIC: You've cited Alaska's proximity to Russia as part of your foreign policy experience. What did you mean by that?

PALIN: That Alaska has a very narrow maritime border between a foreign country, Russia, and on our other side, the land -- boundary that we have with -- Canada. [...]

COURIC: Explain to me why that enhances your foreign policy credentials.

PALIN: Well, it certainly does because our -- our next door neighbors are foreign countries. They're in the state that I am the executive of. And there in Russia --

COURIC: Have you ever been involved with any negotiations, for example, with the Russians?

PALIN: We have trade missions back and forth. We -- we do -- it's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where -- where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is -- from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to -- to our state.

From the article referenced by the OP on Facebook. (First time, I've ever looked at a Facebook page, BTW.)

Americans understand the president’s policies. We just don’t agree with them.
This is a wrong statement. Unless you also agree that every American feels this way. Which simply, isn't true. We may not agree with some of them. There may be those who agree with all of them.

This is what is called "A lie." It's not even a very good lie.

We’re looking for real leadership that listens and delivers results.
Sara Palin quit her job because she couldn't handle the pressure. I've learned a lot of things over the years. When a leader who quits their job tells me what kind of leadership I should be looking for, ya know...one that gets results....I should listen to them. Because hey, when the going gets tough, they split and they produce no results. Because hey, - - - - they freaking quit before their freaking job was done.

How could anyone ever think she could be President? What happens when the crap hits the fan? Maybe she'll quit again.

Candidate Obama promised us that his economic stimulus package would be targeted and pork-free, but President Obama signed a stimulus bill loaded with pork and goodies for corporate cronies.

Like the State of Alaska.

$220 million temporary increase in the federal share of Medicaid expenses (known as the Federal Medical Assistance Percentage or FMAP)
$113.7 million “State Fiscal Stabilization Fund” to avert budget cuts—one block grant for education ($93 million), and one flexible block grant for basic state services ($20.7 million)
$79.3 million toward education
$14,898 increase in unemployment insurance
$4.36 million toward child care
$9 million for training and employment services
$36 million increase in the Food Stamp (or Supplemental Nutrition Assistance) Program
$1.9 million toward the Emergency Shelter Grant Program
$1,000 federal income tax credit per child

Alaskan Families Benefit from Stimulus Bill « Alaska Center for Public Policy

"I promised efficiencies and effectiveness. That's not how I'm wired. I'm not wired to operate under the same old politics as usual."

-Sarah Palin.

Sarah Palin to Resign as Alaska Governor, Citing Probes and Family Needs - washingtonpost.com

Old 01-26-2010, 02:23 PM

2,404 posts, read 3,948,047 times
Default sinking ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA-Jsn20 View Post
Obama won the election, so stop making up propaganda and lies
The only lie is Obama's honesty. Obama would not have won if it wasn't by lying, pandering and misrepresenting himself. If it was clear to the electorate that Obama would lead from the far left, he would have failed.

Like that lying [censored] from NY-23 who won by promising not to vote for ObamaCare; what's the first promise he breaks, voting for ObamaCare.

What do the middle class and independents oppose? Further gov't expansion into the private sector, eg ObamaCare/UHC.

What do the middle class and independents yearn? Job creation and economic growth.

You and Obama are not listening to the people, it's like you have your hands over your ears and shouting, "I can't hear you!" as you continue merily on your way.

Old 01-26-2010, 02:58 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,950,358 times
Quote:

palin qualifications……was that vetted or wetted? « Finger Prick
So please explain your experience is more than that? That was the start of this issue. Your claim that you were more qualified, yet as we can see from even the attack piece you linked, you don't match up. Care to comment?

Quote:
State leaders question Palin's qualifications - Juneau Empire

Hearsay, unless of course you would like to substantiate this claim with some actual evidence rather than simply picking out quotes from her opponents?

Quote:
Palin Problem - Kathleen Parker - National Review Online

If BS were currency, Palin could bail out Wall Street herself.

(This from a conservative Republican woman who wanted to support her.)
I do not care about opinions.

Quote:
Bill Maher - Palin’s Qualifications | Sarah Palin Exposed

Again, more opinions... I could care less. It is subjective, not objective.

Now you can point to point each accomplishment and issue of experience and explain why you do not think so. You would have to do some thinking though, its hard I know, not as easy as regurgitating someones opinion by linking. And while you are at it, you can also provide Obama's qualifications and contrast why he was far more qualified as well.

In the end, what you "evaded" is your claim. You claimed you were more qualified, it appears you are not and the rest is nothing more than a race to avoid trying to own up to the fact that you were talking arrogantly and it came back to bite you.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:05 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,747,599 times
The excerpt from the Juneau Jornal is not hearsay, it is fact. It is not in quotes in the article. You can try to substantiate yourself that Sarah was actually there; that these buttons were not made. You know as well as I do that you can only quote a brief excerpt from a copyright article. Or are you hoping I'll get an infraction and be gone for a while?

OK, maybe I'm not "more" qualified, but I think I am as qualified as Sarah to run for governor of Alaska, and get "discovered". I have served on local government committees and worked for the local school district, and have extensive experience with the League of Women Voters, both in education and voter service.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:16 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Perhaps, then, you should read what you attack before attacking. Your motives have not been impugned, they are crystal clear to all who read your rants.

BTW, it is prejudging to say you disagree (in your case hate) something prior to reading it. Can you say dictionary?

Anti everything that is different than what you think should be how things are.
What state was Katiana a successful governor in? Maybe we missed something?

Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM

9,319 posts, read 18,746,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcarlilesiu View Post
Im sure you supported George Bush's authority to continue an unpopular war under this same concept too, right? Or were you just another one protesting and screaming about impeachment? Should I go search all of your posts now, or do you want to admit that your defense of Obama is hypocritical?
Looks like our man Obama is inclined to continue the war as well. Looks like he did one good thing with his spending cuts and said (if we can believe him) that the military would not be cut.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies