Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:39 AM

4,027 posts, read 7,289,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Actually, this recession was mostly caused by Clinton who signed NAFTA, repealed Glass-Steigall and made China"s most favored nation trading status permanent. Add to that all the left wing enviro-nuts, greedy unions and personal injury lawyers who have made doing business in the US expensive, difficult and risky plus our super high business tax rates and you have every reason a business needs to simply go elsewhere.

Credit Bush with tax cuts that grew the economy, attempting to rein in Fannie and Freddie back in 2003 and keeping us safe from further terrorist attacks after Clinton refused to man up. Would have been helpful if Clinton hadn't underfunded the CIA and allowed a 25% attrition rate at the agency during his presidency.

P.S. Bush didn't cause Katrina, prevent people from leaving before it hit or decide to build and live in a city on the Gulf Coast that is actually below sea level.
This one started about six years after Clinton, wish all you want but it's not Clinton.

Keeping us safe from further terrorist attacks? There really wasn't a threat, but even if there was, good for him, he allowed 9/11 to happen.

I never said that about Katrina, but he did allow it to be as bad as it was because he diverted money that was meant to go to the levees for his own personal war.

But your comparison is like this:

It was Harry Whittinton's fault that he was shot by Dick Cheney. He decided to go on the trip with him and didn't get out of the way.

Some sound logic you have.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 07:24 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
no, I do not think so
I voted for Kerry and horrible as that was, he would have made a lousy president, I knew that when I voted, but I am ashamed to say I did it any way because he was the only choice I had, being a party line democrat,
Those days are over!!
I have no idea what that has to do w/my post whatsoever.

Old 01-27-2010, 07:25 AM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
Or, it was because the other real option was Gore and as is obvious with Gore's climate fiasco, Bush was a much better choice.
I'm sorry, but how would you know what kind of president Gore would've been, are you able to predict the future? Gore's major interest in the climate in terms of what you are talking about came long after that election.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:03 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I'm sorry, but how would you know what kind of president Gore would've been, are you able to predict the future? Gore's major interest in the climate in terms of what you are talking about came long after that election.
Gore would have sucked as POTUS. Even more so than Bush, and even more so than Obama.

They all sucked, and currently suck. To be POTUS these days, you sell your soul to the devil long beforehand.

Old 01-27-2010, 10:45 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
This one started about six years after Clinton, wish all you want but it's not Clinton.

Keeping us safe from further terrorist attacks? There really wasn't a threat, but even if there was, good for him, he allowed 9/11 to happen.

I never said that about Katrina, but he did allow it to be as bad as it was because he diverted money that was meant to go to the levees for his own personal war.

But your comparison is like this:

It was Harry Whittinton's fault that he was shot by Dick Cheney. He decided to go on the trip with him and didn't get out of the way.

Some sound logic you have.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxMInSfanqg

Someone is not paying attention.

OK, could you list the actions Bush took to cause our current recession?

The same for 9/11 too. Al Queda successfully attacked us five times during the Clinton years, yet he did nothing about it except allow our intelligence agencies to fall into disarray and punt to Bush. Following your inconsistent logic, the current recession is 100% BO's fault since it happened on his watch.

So the same question applies. What actions did Bush take to cause 9/11?

I'll wait.

As for the residents of N.O., sorry they're too stupid and suborn to get out of the way of a category five hurricane. Does the expression "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" have any meaning to these people? It would seem not.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:

The same for 9/11 too. Al Queda successfully attacked us five times during the Clinton years, yet he did nothing about it except allow our intelligence agencies to fall into disarray and punt to Bush. Following your inconsistent logic, the current recession is 100% BO's fault since it happened on his watch.

I'll wait.

As for the residents of N.O., sorry they're too stupid and suborn to get out of the way of a category five hurricane. Does the expression "RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!" have any meaning to these people? It would seem not.
Son, the recession started with Bush, how can this be Obama?

Bush had repeated warnings of an impending attack from Al Queda.

Your logic is flawed, again. Even if no one died, the whole city was ruined because of Bush.

Get off your soap box.

Old 01-29-2010, 11:47 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,583,593 times
Quote:

I'll wait.

Hum the old blame the victims trick at it's best!!!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:42 PM

530 posts, read 1,182,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thePR View Post
Under Bush we had: 2 recessions, 9/11, Katrina, two wars.

Under Obama we have had so far: 1 recession that was a cause of Bush and two wars as a cause of Bush.

After reading this post, I think, there is no reason to read the rest of this thread.

Please tell me this is shtick so I can keep reading. If not, thePR should stop posting for a while.

Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 PM

530 posts, read 1,182,714 times
Quote:

I'll wait.

And according to one of his earlier post Katrina was bushes fault as well..

Old 01-29-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GO PANTHERS!! View Post
And according to one of his earlier post Katrina was bushes fault as well..
Maybe you were to busy watching your opinion shows like Fox, but Bush took money that was meant to keep New Orleans safe and used it for Iraq.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies