Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2010, 01:32 PM

6,734 posts, read 9,338,075 times

Advertisements

Fox News gets good ratings I didn't know that Being they are an exclusively conservative station....more people identify themselves as being conservative....they should get excellent ratings. Simple math...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 01:34 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post

As I've said before - cater to the lowest common denominator and you'll usually up your ratings.

Fox thinks FOR its viewers.

Fox uses fear-mongering carny barkers to entertain its viewers. Anyone who forms their viewpoint on current affairs based on what someone like Glenn Beck has to say needs to have their head examined.

Rupert Murdoch and Roger Ailes are not stupid - but they certainly know how to exploit the stupid
I see that you didn't see Glenn Beck's "LIve Free or Die" Friday. Why no you didn't see it because you aren't stupid like nearly 4 million people who watched it. Is there just a tiny chance that you are still uneducated about the topic? I think there surely is a chance, a huge chance.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
The Fox Parrots are out here doing their job. Much like the Limbaugh minions parrot what he says.

What the OP conveniently neglects saying is that the liberal audience is split among all the rest of the cable network stations and free market stations.

The only place conservatives can go to drink their Kool Aid is Fox.
TC, can't you read numbers? Do you fail to see that most hours of the evening Fox programs outnumber all the rest combined? You need to start reading the numbers when they are plopped in front of you.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:38 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,277,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you didn't see Glenn Beck's "LIve Free or Die" Friday. Why no you didn't see it because you aren't stupid like nearly 4 million people who watched it.

Gee that leaves how many millions of us that didn't see it? Roughly 300. Which means that almost 99% of Americans did not see it.

Do you actually stop to think before you post about Beck or does the BS just flow naturally when the topic is Beck?

Old 01-26-2010, 01:39 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
TC, can't you read numbers? Do you fail to see that most hours of the evening Fox programs outnumber all the rest combined? You need to start reading the numbers when they are plopped in front of you.

so ratings matter lmao.
PBS/BBC is more credible than fox

Old 01-26-2010, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
I know a lot of people that watch FOX News purely for entertainment purposes. It's kind of like how a big chunk of Howard Stern's listening audience is people that cannot stand him. It's like a bad car wreck that you cant help but look at.

Regardless, I dont see how television ratings have anything to do with this forum. There is a TV specific forum if you want to discuss television ratings.
Boy, is it good to see that you live on the Mizzery side of the state line. I guess you don't know how bad the Mizzery basketball team got stomped last night since news people over there wouldn't want to say anything about that.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:41 PM

626 posts, read 992,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
No wonder all you lib and Dem Fox News-bashers are trying to astroturf Fox...they are kicking everyone else's a$$!

Fox News Finishes Week #1 in All of Primetime Cable - mediabistro.com: TVNewser

And MSNBC couldn't even beat Spike and the Comedy Channel.
Proof that outrageous television gets ratings. Who got the lowest ratings? CSPAN? Some other public access channel? Most people don't want to be bombarded with facts (boring), they want to see chariot races (O'Reilly scream, Beck cry, etc). And that's what Fox News gives them.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Gee that leaves how many millions of us that didn't see it? Roughly 300. Which means that almost 99% of Americans did not see it.

Do you actually stop to think before you post about Beck or does the BS just flow naturally when the topic is Beck?
TC, how many people are on their way home from work during Beck's hour? Why not throw them into your figures?

From your post I see that 99% of Americans still don't know the real truth about the progressive leaders of the 20th century. Well, at least, the progressive leaders outside the US, anyway. You can find out a bit about progressivism in the US by watching him the rest of this week. Yes, I know you don't want to know but it could come into importance in coming years to know a little bit that you didn't learn in school from liberalness.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
so ratings matter lmao.
PBS is more credible than fox and BBC
Hmmmmm, the master mind of Chicago has spoken and now we know the truth about credibility.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:48 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,826,282 times
Quote:
Hmmmmm, the master mind of Chicago has spoken and now we know the truth about credibility.

mastermind of chicago lmao, lame...oh so your saying u dont know what credibility means when someone has a R infront of their name? i see

answer my question- does ratings matter. i thought ratings were a entertainment sense of things
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies