Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2010, 03:15 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
Dude, I just went on youtube and grabbed one of the first ones up there. Do I need to bring others?

Shouting at, interrupting and or demeaning one's guests is an example of a civil interview or debate?

While O'Reilly isn't always like that, he does get his ass in the air fairly regluarly, and Hannity is even worse.

You may well like their content, fine, but don't suggest that either of them debate or interview worth a damn. They don't.
Youtube is known to edit videos.

Watch O'Reilly on Fox News and you will see that his outbursts are quite rare. Especially considering that he has been on the Fox News for over 10 years.

Why don't you mention rants by liberal commentators? Like Olberman constantly whining about O'Reilly and Fox News?

As for shouting/interrupting/demeaning, why do O'Reilly and Hannity allow guests to have the last word? Again, if you would actually watch their shows instead of relying on youtube videos, you would realize that Bill and Sean are actually quite fair with their guests. Maybe that is why even the liberal guests keep returning to their shows.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2010, 03:19 PM

6,022 posts, read 7,828,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post

Watch O'Reilly on Fox News and you will see that his outbursts are quite rare. Especially considering that he has been on the Fox News for over 10 years.

Why don't you mention rants by liberal commentators? Like Olberman constantly whining about O'Reilly and Fox News?

As for shouting/interrupting/demeaning, why do O'Reilly and Hannity allow guests to have the last word? Again, if you would actually watch their shows instead of relying on youtube videos, you would realize that Bill and Sean are actually quite fair with their guests. Maybe that is why even the liberal guests keep returning to their shows.
you-tube don't edit anything people edit and re upload

Quote:
As for shouting/interrupting/demeaning, why do O'Reilly and Hannity allow guests to have the last word? Again, if you would actually watch their shows instead of relying on youtube videos, you would realize that Bill and Sean are actually quite fair with their guests. Maybe that is why even the liberal guests keep returning to their show
this is far from the truth

Old 01-26-2010, 03:21 PM

4,604 posts, read 8,231,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
William, now I know why so many people don't like sports teams that get rated number 1. I thought it was just that you hated Fox and now you say it is just because they are number 1 at what they do. Is that normal liberal elitist reasoning?
ROB.... it must be liberal elitist reasoning, per Glenn Beck's opening segment today. It was brilliant, about the guy from the Time ragmag.

Brace fro more hate spewing liberal bums.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:31 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,279,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by London Girl View Post
Look, we all know you have a..........whatever, for Beck.

I've watched a couple of his shows and I've seen enough to know that he is the last person I would be taking history lessons from, let alone accepting his erudite views on the status quo as fact.

He is, first and foremost, an entertainer.

And, he has an agenda and a bias - he is NOT an impartial reporter of facts.
He's not a reporter. He's not a journalist. And this was in his own words. He's an entertainer.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:40 PM

Quote:
That's it? You're going with that? Jesus man. You're lost at sea. What a load of crap that is.

Quote:

Dude, you obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about here. I've said many times Olbermann is obnoxious and abrasive and in the same vein as those two. Try to keep up.

Quote:
As for shouting/interrupting/demeaning, why do O'Reilly and Hannity allow guests to have the last word?

And you keep coming back to point out that Hannity and O'Reilly give their guests the last word as if somehow that makes up for the badgering and rude interrupting they display throughout interviews. It doesn't. It's just flat rude.

I've also made it clear that the only interviewer on mainstream TV that does not interrupt her guests and is always courteous to them is Maddow.

I realize that won't sit well with you, but go to youtube and pick a video and watch.

She's light years more civil and respectful than any of those guys.

Quote:
Again, if you would actually watch their shows instead of relying on youtube videos, you would realize that Bill and Sean are actually quite fair with their guests.
Surely you jest. I live in a cave. I've never seen them before. What channel are they on?

Quote:
Maybe that is why even the liberal guests keep returning to their shows.
that and the money. Fox pays well.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city414 View Post
you-tube don't edit anything people edit and re upload
The point is they are edited.

Quote:
this is far from the truth
Funny you should mention that... I've been listening to Hannity's show. He just had on a caller whom he was strongly disagreeing with yet he allowed him to speak and was on for about 12 minutes.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:06 PM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williamOrbit View Post
No on is touting CNN or MSNBC as being number 1 in viewers.
Because they are essentially rubbish. No on is touting them because they can't hold water. I don't watch Fox News that much but they are beating the hell out of the competition, which says something about American's viewing habits regarding news of the day.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustCallMeTC View Post
That's it? You're going with that? Jesus man. You're lost at sea. What a load of crap that is.
Really? No edited videos have ever appeared on youtube?

Quote:
Dude, you obviously haven't a clue what you're talking about here. I've said many times Olbermann is obnoxious and abrasive and in the same vein as those two. Try to keep up.
There is a difference, though. What you call "obnoxious" and "abrasive" by O'Reilly and Hannity is known as "debate."

Quote:
And you keep coming back to point out that Hannity and O'Reilly give their guests the last word as if somehow that makes up for the badgering and rude interrupting they display throughout interviews. It doesn't. It's just flat rude.
How much of their shows do you actually watch? Most likely it is very, very little.

Quote:
I've also made it clear that the only interviewer on mainstream TV that does not interrupt her guests and is always courteous to them is Maddow.
You mean you made your opinion clear. Opinions will differ.

Quote:
I realize that won't sit well with you, but go to youtube and pick a video and watch.

She's light years more civil and respectful than any of those guys.
Everybody, even the guests, interrupt at times. Stop whining about it, already!

Quote:
Surely you jest. I live in a cave. I've never seen them before. What channel are they on?
What you post is pretty much true. I doubt you watch Bill or Sean and just form opinions from youtube videos and left-wing websites.

Quote:
that and the money. Fox pays well.
So does CNN. Why don't they just go on that station if they are treated so "rudely" on Fox News?

Old 01-26-2010, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
I don't watch Fox News that much but they are beating the hell out of the competition, which says something about American's viewing habits regarding news of the day.
Patently false. They are beating the other cable stations. That is all that means. PERIOD

The rest of the viewers not watching the CABLE Channels watch network news.

And those viewers combined are bigger than Fox's audience.

THAT is all it means. Stop drooling all over yourself.

Old 01-26-2010, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Really? No edited videos have ever appeared on youtube?
So what is your question here. I'm sorry. You're being a bit cryptic. Are you suggesting that youtube edits the videos? Are you suggesting that videos are edited by someone before they're posted? Are you suggesting that the videos I posted were edited? Or are you simply afraid that the video I posted was real and by saying "some" videos are edited that it disqualifies mine?

Sounds like a big fat wuss out to me.

Quote:
There is a difference, though. What you call "obnoxious" and "abrasive" by O'Reilly and Hannity is known as "debate."
When is interrupting someone and not letting them finish -considered debate?

Quote:
Everybody, even the guests, interrupt at times. Stop whining about it, already!
Shows just how little you know. That's simply not true. Watch Maddow. Oh wait, I realize she's liberal and you just can't do that.

Quote:
What you post is pretty much true. I doubt you watch Bill or Sean and just form opinions from youtube videos and left-wing websites.
You'd be wrong. Again

Let me see if I understand this. You suggest that interrupting and badgering your guests is debating.

Where did you take debate?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies