Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 04:38 PM

81 posts, read 45,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
Are you all serious? 1 million dollars out of almost $800 billion to put signs up identifying the funding source? Name one construction project that doesn't do that, no matter the source of funding. Every single state puts up signs that say "your tax dollars at work" when they're making investments.

Those stimulus signs are everywhere I look on road construction projects and, yes, they remind us of what our investment is paying for. For all the talk I've heard of the money not getting out, I, for one, am pretty happy to finally see people working on actual projects that will actually benefit us, the tax payers.

I believe they do that to advertise their business and solicit future work. What purpose would you expect that the government has for doing it?

While I agree that this expense is a drop in the bucket it's still a perfect example of government waste.

You are against government waste aren't you? Of does it have to be a large amount of waste before you get angry? If so, focus again on the $787 billion they borrowed to use as Barry's personal political slush fund.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 01:55 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,672,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnc0628 View Post
I believe they do that to advertise their business and solicit future work. What purpose would you expect that the government has for doing it?

While I agree that this expense is a drop in the bucket it's still a perfect example of government waste.

You are against government waste aren't you? Of does it have to be a large amount of waste before you get angry? If so, focus again on the $787 billion they borrowed to use as Barry's personal political slush fund.
I'm not sure it is government waste. Frankly, governments advertise tax dollars at work all the time, not just businesses marketing.

Governments need to be held accountable to the taxapayers and the best way to do that is to actually show taxpayer dollars at work. I'm actually glad when I see the signs - it creates an accountability to expect seeing shovels in the ground and know where those shovels are going.

But, the fact that you used the name "Barry" leads me to believe you would not be happy no matter what he did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies