Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 01:22 PM

5,765 posts, read 10,995,839 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadex View Post
It doesnt get insurance to everyone.Even congress version doesnt get insurance to everyone. The senate version is just forcing people to buy insurance.
Sorry, I should of phrased it differently. It attempts to make it easier for everyone to have access to insurance. It is impossible to get everyone healthcare unless we move to a umbrella plan for everyone to have which is not a good idea.

Quote:
Yeah I get that jobs are the last thing to rebound. Just wondering how long are you all going to keep using that excuse? What a year from now 6mths. The American people are ticked off and sick of hearing excuses. They want JOBS. We were told that if we passed this stimulus bill the unemployment rate wouldnt get this high.

You do realize that six months or a year is very, very short for a jobs rebound in a recession. Take a look at the unemployment numbers after the 1929 crash which is the closest we ever been to something like this. It took years and years before jobs starting get back to normal. This recession only started a little over a year ago. The fact that we are even starting to see improvement in a lot of areas is a god damn miracle. I read reports at this time last year that said unemployment could be around 10% until at least the year 2015. Being that we are well on our way to rebounding at the beginning is miraculous. We have become an instant gratification society because of technology and have quickly forgotten how slowly some things can move.

Quote:
lol @ things are rebounding. This Obama supporter that happens to be a billionaire happens to think that Obamas actions are making matters worse.
Things getting worse? That's is what is laughable. I work in financial services and can very much assure you that things are getting much better. Everyday I see positive reports from all sectors in the industry.

Quote:
Did it ever cross your mind that some of those without insurance did so because they didnt want it?
I dont give a **** what they want. Do you know who pays for health care for those that dont have insurance?

The taxpayers. That means if someone doesnt want to pay a premium for health insurance and they get in a car wreck. You and I are helping pay for their care. I pay $350 a paycheck to have coverage for my family and dont really care to pay for someone else.

Quote:
Yes we need to do something to make it cheaper for business to offer insurance. Why so many support the republicans plan that people and companys would be able to buy insurance over state lines and not be limited to just whats offered in their state.
Quote:
But as I said when what is it around 80% of this country has insurance its kinda hard to sell there is a crisis.
It isnt just about getting insurance. It is about making a more efficient healthcare system and making insurance companies more reasonable. I use to work in insurance and they are a complete rip-off and make money hand over fist.

I will give you an example. My in-laws who are in good health pay $800 a month for coverage. That's not too bad but listen to what it covers. After they pay $5,000 out of pocket for expenses, the coverage kicks in and covers a whopping 60% of expenses.

Let me break that down for you - They have to pay $14,600 out of pocket before their coverage even starts doing anything and even then it only pays 60% of their expenses!

Basically, they only have coverage in case one of them gets cancer or in some serious accident.

They've tried to get better coverage and cant because my father-in-law had a bump removed several years ago that turned out to be nothing.

Can you honestly tell me that this isnt a problem. We are the most powerful country on earth but have one of the worst health care systems in the entire civilized world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2010, 01:23 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,275,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
How can I throw someone under the bus when I have no idea who they are, have never spoken to them in my life, have no connection to them whatsoever? Do you even understand that statement? So you only like 15 mins. fame wh*res if they turn against liberals or democrats. Other than that, we can do w/out them. Gotcha. How predictable.
Not really. I thought they threw Colin Powell under the bus as well. Obamagirl had 15,000,000 views on her youtube page, and her voice influenced the "sexy" vote for Obama. You may not know who she is, but that doesn't mean she didn't believe in him before. Please, continue calling her a wh*re because she's no longer a true believer.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:32 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
I get very angry when I see my wife on TMZ.
I have a twitter account. I sometimes search twitters tweets to see what people are saying. The other day I searched Obama know what majority of the post dealing with Obama was about him telling Khole Kardashian he watches her show.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:40 PM

9,644 posts, read 9,842,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RjRobb2 View Post
Sorry, I should of phrased it differently. It attempts to make it easier for everyone to have access to insurance. It is impossible to get everyone healthcare unless we move to a umbrella plan for everyone to have which is not a good idea.

You do realize that six months or a year is very, very short for a jobs rebound in a recession. Take a look at the unemployment numbers after the 1929 crash which is the closest we ever been to something like this. It took years and years before jobs starting get back to normal. This recession only started a little over a year ago. The fact that we are even starting to see improvement in a lot of areas is a god damn miracle. I read reports at this time last year that said unemployment could be around 10% until at least the year 2015. Being that we are well on our way to rebounding at the beginning is miraculous. We have become an instant gratification society because of technology and have quickly forgotten how slowly some things can move.

Things getting worse? That's is what is laughable. I work in financial services and can very much assure you that things are getting much better. Everyday I see positive reports from all sectors in the industry.

I dont give a **** what they want. Do you know who pays for health care for those that dont have insurance?

The taxpayers. That means if someone doesnt want to pay a premium for health insurance and they get in a car wreck. You and I are helping pay for their care. I pay $350 a paycheck to have coverage for my family and dont really care to pay for someone else.

It isnt just about getting insurance. It is about making a more efficient healthcare system and making insurance companies more reasonable. I use to work in insurance and they are a complete rip-off and make money hand over fist.

I will give you an example. My in-laws who are in good health pay $800 a month for coverage. That's not too bad but listen to what it covers. After they pay $5,000 out of pocket for expenses, the coverage kicks in and covers a whopping 60% of expenses.

Let me break that down for you - They have to pay $14,600 out of pocket before their coverage even starts doing anything and even then it only pays 60% of their expenses!

Basically, they only have coverage in case one of them gets cancer or in some serious accident.

They've tried to get better coverage and cant because my father-in-law had a bump removed several years ago that turned out to be nothing.

Can you honestly tell me that this isnt a problem. We are the most powerful country on earth but have one of the worst health care systems in the entire civilized world.
Yes we have it so bad that so many comes to this country for our healthcare

Problem yes we need some reforms. Crisis no

Old 01-27-2010, 01:43 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Yes we have it so bad that so many comes to this country for our healthcare

Problem yes we need some reforms. Crisis no
Yes and the big misconception is we are not debating the quality of healthcare. It is the costs and coverage of said Healthcare.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:46 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Not really. I thought they threw Colin Powell under the bus as well. Obamagirl had 15,000,000 views on her youtube page, and her voice influenced the "sexy" vote for Obama. You may not know who she is, but that doesn't mean she didn't believe in him before. Please, continue calling her a wh*re because she's no longer a true believer.
I could care less if she was a McCain supporter, an Obama supporter or a Ronald McDonald supporter, a nobody is a nobody & everyone, I'm betting even YOU call them 15 minute famewh*res. It has nothing to do w/politics, no matter how much you may close your little eyes tightly & wish upon a star.

Old 01-27-2010, 01:53 PM

5,165 posts, read 6,050,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
I could care less if she was a McCain supporter, an Obama supporter or a Ronald McDonald supporter, a nobody is a nobody & everyone, I'm betting even YOU call them 15 minute famewh*res. It has nothing to do w/politics, no matter how much you may close your little eyes tightly & wish upon a star.
just like those jersey Shore Whores

Old 01-27-2010, 01:55 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Wow just like a married couple, THE HONEYMOOON'S OVER!

Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,265,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cleanhouse View Post
just like those jersey Shore Whores
LOL, hey now, those are my peeps! Don't be throwing them under the bus! HAhahaha, just kidding, but I do love that trashy show, I can't help myself! But yes, epitome of the 15 min. fame wh*re

Old 01-27-2010, 01:59 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
If Americans spent as much time focusing on what their gov is doing as they do on what those in hollywood are doing we might get someplace

Well Wahington, isn't giving them any excitement or anything to be happy about, Guess old HOLLYWOOD is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies