Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 AM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times

Advertisements

Whatever. Alito has his job for life. Obama's got probably two years left.

Guess who laughs last.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 10:09 AM

44,882 posts, read 33,253,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinkieMcGee View Post
Supreme Court started losing its validity when one specific justice started basing a lot of his decisions on episodes of 24 under the "What would Jack Bauer Do" principle.
I see that you agree with Obama about Checks and Balances in government. It is nice for you to admit that right out here in the open.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 AM

3,292 posts, read 4,472,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I see that you agree with Obama about Checks and Balances in government. It is nice for you to admit that right out here in the open.
Hold on dude, Glenn Beck is on I'm busy.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:11 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,314,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Whoa back, kid. Do you not know that corporations are very little different than unions? Unions are allowed to give dues money if the membership agrees to that. I guess you don't know how much money is given by both corporations and unions to both parties all the time. Did you know that both groups give about equal amounts over a period of years.

If a corporation is treated as an individual before the law in all other respects, and they are, then surely there is no difference here.

Dems have made their noises about that decision because so many of our corporations are involved with foreigners, one way or another. Now the law says that no non-Americans can give to political parties for elections so that should protect us all from that horrible thing.

Just wondering, how much does George Soros manage to give to parties for election campaigning through his groups like MoveOn and other front groups for his money. Do you know anything about that?
Excellent response, Roy.

Now, what are your thoughts about group money influencing elections?

Do you interpret the recent SC Decision as qualifying funded non-profit groups as "persons"?

Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentrified Chicken View Post
In a matchup between Supreme Court Justice Samuel Alito vs "Constitutional Scholar" Barack Obama, i'll go with Samuel Alito.

Barack Obama sought political office, therefore we already know that the truth is not his strong suit.

I tend to like your answer. The way things been going for him, He best buy himself some NEW SUITS.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The other four Supreme Court Judges also disagreed with the bizarre decision. These were Republican appointed judges so it is no wonder that they side with corporations. Obama was correct in asking Congress to put legislation in place that would counteract this ruling. It was not out of context given the fact that Obama was addressing the American people about the economy and security issues that are concerning this country. This radical decision by the activist judges weighs in heavily on both of these issues. Alito can be as indignant as he wants, as the average American has more to be indignant about being that they were reduced to inconsequential entities as compared to big corporate money. You defended a Congressman calling Obama a liar during a speech, but this is just too much for your heads to wrap around. I'm glad he caled them out, they deserved it. Protocol my butt!
What is that on your butt?

Do you know anything about the Checks and Balances provided in the Constitution and why they are there? When you learn about that system then you have every right to stick in there with the Constitutional attorney named Obama. He knows little about the Constitution when he would do what he did last night to try to make people see the Supreme Court as less than they are. Asking the Congress to overrule the Supreme Court tells me that he doesn't know that special part of his body from page 9 when it comes to the Constitution.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:14 AM

20,457 posts, read 12,373,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
We need more hero's like Alito to stand up against this idiot.

If he is going to stand their and lie, someone need to call him out on it every single time.

He should have yelled it out in front of all Americans to force Obama to answer to him live.

If you are going to stand there and lie over and over again then you need to be held accountable.

I even saw several dems shaking their heads no on certain things, agreeing with the reps side.

Guess everything is not well within the dem-confused party.

The party of no is falling apart.
I only have one problem with the above statment.

you used the term "this idiot" in reference to Mr. Obama.

you should have used the term "Idiot-in-Cheif"

Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Hold on dude, Glenn Beck is on I'm busy.
Glenn Beck is on only on Glenn Beck Clips 01-27-10 and won't be on TV for nearly 5 more hours. You just indicated your knowledge about Beck which tends to be very minimal.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,436,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Bravo to Alito!

What is wrong with this president? He tried to intimidate the Supreme Court on live TV. Way to curry favor with the people who will eventually rule on the constitutionality of his bills. Everyone goes on how smart this man is...book smart maybe, in a useless sort of way, but tone-deaf when it comes to real people and their concerns.

This president is so out of touch with America it's painful to watch.

When it came to that remark, i sometimes wonder, if he really has the book smarts, can he really be this so out of touch, with real people and real concerns. Or does he live based on his Realty of how things should be.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:17 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
He is welcome to state how that foreign corporations and investors can't pay for political advertisements, love to see it.

Mmmm Look when Alito started to shake his head. It was when Obama said the Court reversed a century of law. He was wrong it overturned parts of Mccain Feingold.

Hot Air » Blog Archive » “Not true”: Alito mouths words as Obama hammers Supreme Court

Obama is a know nothing blow hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies