Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:34 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxed in Maine View Post
Yeah, because that would work.
FDR made gold illegal to own and the people ate it up. Although not OFFICIALLY enforced, it set a powerful precedence. Think frog in boiling water.

Also, the Traitor Act passed with overwhelming support.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 11:40 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Can you say...........Titanic!

I would say more................TITANIC and sinking FAST.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:42 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,382,997 times
Well a lot of that is war spending, so you can thank the last Republican President for that. Lets face it, he took his eye off the ball in Afghanistan, and Iraq was all his doing.

Other parts are being spent on entitlement programs, and national defense outside of war spending. Thats over 3/4's of our budget. The small percentage that left is spent on things they already agreed on last year. So Republicans are being a little hypocritical in pointing this out now.

Wheres the Republican support for the spending freeze for the next 3 years? I haven't read one post where a Republican said "thank you" for that one.

Sounds to me like they are still being political whiners. It be like me building a house below the flood level, and then crying that it was someone elses fault it flooded.

For me, President Obama got a pass for the first two years of his presidency on budget matters. You can't fix this broken thing in a year, maybe not even two.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:44 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
They just don't get how bloated this government has become. C'mon, that's $180,000 of debt per every family of four!! When do they get serious about paring back the bloat?

Old 01-28-2010, 11:48 AM

7,545 posts, read 8,325,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post

Wheres the Republican support for the spending freeze for the next 3 years? I haven't read one post where a Republican said "thank you" for that one.
Are you kidding me? You actually think anyone deserves a THANK YOU for increasing the size of the budget by 20% then cutting 1% off that? All within less than one year they did that and you honestly think we need to thank them?

Here's your thank you:

Thanks for further bankrupting the country and mortgaging our government on the backs of our children and great-grandchildren. Good luck paying off our debts kids!

Old 01-28-2010, 11:49 AM

2,793 posts, read 6,122,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well a lot of that is war spending, so you can thank the last Republican President for that. Lets face it, he took his eye off the ball in Afghanistan, and Iraq was all his doing.

Other parts are being spent on entitlement programs, and national defense outside of war spending. Thats over 3/4's of our budget. The small percentage that left is spent on things they already agreed on last year. So Republicans are being a little hypocritical in pointing this out now.

Sounds to me like they are still being political whiners. It be like me building a house below the flood level, and then crying that it was someone elses fault it flooded.

For me, President Obama got a pass for the first two years of his presidency on budget matters. You can't fix this broken thing in a year, maybe not even two.
Can you add? Simple addition? You could have gone to Iraq over and over agina and not match the spending Democrats have done in the last 4 years.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:50 AM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
[u][quote=Memphis1979,Well a lot of that is war spending, so you can thank the last Republican President for that. Lets face it, he took his eye off the ball in Afghanistan, and Iraq was all his doing.[/U]

Right...and no Dems. voted for it

Old 01-28-2010, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zz4guy View Post
Can you add? Simple addition? You could have gone to Iraq over and over agina and not match the spending Democrats have done in the last 4 years.
Can you read? Can you add? Look at the percetnages. What the Democrats are spending on trying to get the economy going, and pet projects, are chicken feed. SSI, Medicare, Wars, and the DOD's budget makes up more than 75% of FY 2009's budget. Its about the same for FY 2010.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Fy...ycategory2.png

Old 01-28-2010, 12:00 PM

[quote=kerrymac;12651933][u]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979,Well a lot of that is war spending, so you can thank the last Republican President for that. Lets face it, he took his eye off the ball in Afghanistan, and Iraq was all his doing.[/U

Right...and no Dems. voted for it
And I don't support those Dems either, I'm an independant, I don't like either party.

However, in justice to them, the President and the intelligence agencies under his orders were cooking to books on reasons to go to war with Iraq. So I put the majority of the blame on the asinine idiot we had in office for 8 out of the last 9 years.

Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,603,398 times
[quote=Memphis1979;12652091]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
[u]

And I don't support those Dems either, I'm an independant, I don't like either party.

However, in justice to them, the President and the intelligence agencies under his orders were cooking to books on reasons to go to war with Iraq. So I put the majority of the blame on the asinine idiot we had in office for 8 out of the last 9 years.
......right and the CIA knocked down the trade center

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/...n4235028.shtml

You think he was making a pound cake?????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies