Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 07:04 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,098,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
Nonsense. Rush took Obama to the woodshed and gave him a thrashing he deserved.
Only in your dreams.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2010, 07:11 PM

1,372 posts, read 1,546,299 times
Given the current rate of expansion Rush Limbaugh will soon be large enough to exert his own gravitational pull sending small objects such as ping-pong balls and skittles into low midriff orbit in addition to the lobotomized lackeys and red state redneck radio revolutionaries already circling the pasty pale buttocks of this perpetually petulant pill popping pinhead pied piper.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:10 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,881,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala26 View Post
Obama thinks banks, credit card companies, and insurance companies are enemies?

It's the end of our way of life, those are institutions that are the foundation of our society and couldn't possibly do anything but support all Americans fairly...

I'm not the biggest fan of what Obama has done in his first year, but Rush, some of those guys you listed ARE more harmful than helpful to our nation.
Amazing the number of times obama engages in divisive partisan politics to try and make his points. Banks, CC companies, insurance companies all employ tens of thousands of people. Since when did the democrat party become so antagonistic toward successful businesses? Since when did making a profit become evil? Without profit, business goes under, jobs disappear, people are laid off, lose their homes, etc,etc,etc.

I have never witnessed a president so anti-business, anti-what made this country great.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
Rush is a nasty piece of garbage who has "jumped the shark" and is now desperately trying to find some way to crawl back up to the top of the garbage heap. Most of his "ditto heads" are now embarrased to admit they ever listened to him. Only those so pathetic that they don't realize that even the right wing is done with him are still hanging on to his every word.
Eh....find his way back to the top? Rush is at the top and has been their for years...no one else compares to his audience in terms of numbers.

Maybe you really meant Air America? Oh! That's right! They finally pulled the plug, a few years after people stopped listening to them.

Great monologue by Rush. He speaks the truth....can ANYONE take even ONE comment and dispute it?

Old 01-28-2010, 10:16 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,098,061 times
I rest my case.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:26 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,083,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Amazing the number of times obama engages in divisive partisan politics to try and make his points. Banks, CC companies, insurance companies all employ tens of thousands of people. Since when did the democrat party become so antagonistic toward successful businesses? Since when did making a profit become evil? Without profit, business goes under, jobs disappear, people are laid off, lose their homes, etc,etc,etc.

I have never witnessed a president so anti-business, anti-what made this country great.

Eh....find his way back to the top? Rush is at the top and has been their for years...no one else compares to his audience in terms of numbers.

Maybe you really meant Air America? Oh! That's right! They finally pulled the plug, a few years after people stopped listening to them.
So what does that mean? The green light to be corrupt, socialize their gambling debt losses and give payoffs to representatives? You are saying that a regulated and upright institution cannot employ people? Why do confuse making honest profits with gouging and taking advantage of hard working people? The only answer I can come up with is that you might be one of them or wish that you were. Please show where Obama showed disdain for a person attempting to own, start or keep a business? Nobody stopped listening to the people that once made Air America great. They are all syndicated and still broadcasting. Air America sunk because of bad management that allowed these talented and intelligent people to get away. If you want Mike Malloy's and Randi Rhodes' daily newsletters, I'll be more than happy to provide the link. In fact, here's her broadcast from today...
Randi Rhodes

Last edited by sickofnyc; 01-28-2010 at 10:41 PM..

Old 01-28-2010, 10:31 PM

7,084 posts, read 12,035,240 times
Wow, he needs to have a mental evaluation after all those pain killers.

He's obviously off his rocker. After saying all drug users should be thrown in jail and the key tossed away, he allows himself to still go on the air like he never said it. Pure hypocrisy.

When some one says something should be done, if they don't include themselves and their loved ones in the calculation that it might be done to them at some point...it has invalidated the point they are trying to make. Whatever they wish done to others needs to cover the writer of the cause.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:32 PM

2,352 posts, read 2,272,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DraggingCanoe View Post
What a pompous arrogant mindless phallus. No wonder the RW minions worhsip the guy.

Old 01-28-2010, 10:33 PM

875 posts, read 1,486,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post

Okay, look I'll admit part of me just added to the rancor for the hell of it. Frankly, you're not going to find a civilized discussion concerning Rush Limbaugh.

I never said that making profit was evil, but I'm still convinced that if profit becomes the only goal then this leads to the system of banks and insurance companies we have now. I acknowledge that they certainly could be worse, but at the same time that *some* regulation may have gone a long way towards lessening the meltdown that was experienced. Unconfined greed has its consequences, and we're feeling it now.

Last edited by Impala26; 01-28-2010 at 11:00 PM..

Old 01-29-2010, 05:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I rest my case.
No, you prove my point. Your case is based on nothing.

Old 01-29-2010, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala26 View Post
Okay, look I'll admit part of me just added to the rancor for the hell of it. Frankly, you're not going to find a civilized discussion concerning Rush Limbaugh.

I never said that making profit was evil, but I'm still convinced that if profit becomes the only goal then this leads to the system of banks and insurance companies we have now. I acknowledge that they certainly could be worse, but at the same time that *some* regulation may have gone a long way towards lessening the meltdown that was experienced. Unconfined greed has its consequences, and we're feeling it now.
We had regulation in place. The democrats undid that regulation and then refused to address the issue of Fannie and Freddie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies