Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 12:07 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,914,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't believe there are many people in this world ro certainly in this country that think there is much correlation between homosexuals and pedoifiles. Articles like this need to be just thrown away or don't bother to even pay attention.

Nita
I've seen quite a few posts on this forum connecting homosexuality to child molesting. If there is still a segment out there that believes this is true, then it's good to dis-bunk that theory as some people buy into it. I wish in this day and age that articles such as this one aren't needed but it still serves meaningful purpose to those that hold onto these false assertions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2010, 12:20 PM

8,624 posts, read 9,081,689 times
Is that because they don't consider it molesting? Gay NAMBLA, the Safe Schools Czar, GLSEN that handed out pamphlets to kids directeing them to adult gay bars, suggested reading of gay books where there is adult child sex. Sure I believe you

I am very sure gay molestation is way under reported because of the shame of being molested by the same sex.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:25 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,264,699 times
Quote:
I don't believe there are many people in this world ro certainly in this country that think there is much correlation between homosexuals and pedoifiles. Articles like this need to be just thrown away or don't bother to even pay attention.

Nita
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post
Is that because they don't consider it molesting? Gay NAMBLA, the Safe Schools Czar, GLSEN that handed out pamphlets to kids directeing them to adult gay bars, suggested reading of gay books where there is adult child sex. Sure I believe you

I am very sure gay molestation is way under reported because of the shame of being molested by the same sex.
Oh no? Take a look at the posting history & then get back to us.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,053,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatyousay View Post
Pedophiles are more likely to molest children. I've honestly never heard a link between homosexuality and pedophilia other than some pedophiles molest those of the same sex and some molest those of the opposite sex.

What a stupid assertion to link pedophilia with homosexuality.
The only linking I've ever heard has been from gay people, who proclaimed they are gay but not a pedophile, as if others have already accused them of being one.. (similar to this thread)...

Its like they are on the defense without anyone on the offense..

Old 01-29-2010, 01:34 PM

1,364 posts, read 2,914,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcsldcd View Post

This is a perfect example of what the video is trying to fight

There are some that will always make up an excuse or try to manipulate the truth. Using "I am very sure" is another way of skirting around using the truth. Some just can't accept that their thinking was wrong all along and won't let go of old lies and deception. The above also brings in other distortions used. I guess the positive out of posts like these is that it shows how people will blindly ignore truths and will always throw out personal opinions as fact. It's why videos like these need to exist to counterfight these tactics.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:53 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,592,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.J. MacReady View Post
I've seen quite a few posts on this forum connecting homosexuality to child molesting. If there is still a segment out there that believes this is true, then it's good to dis-bunk that theory as some people buy into it. I wish in this day and age that articles such as this one aren't needed but it still serves meaningful purpose to those that hold onto these false assertions.
but most are posted by the same people over and over, just like many of the posts on other subjects are posted by the same people or same group. I still think it is a very small group. Of course you are right, there will always be a few. Those few will never change their sick minds.

Nita

Old 01-29-2010, 01:56 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,592,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wedjat View Post
Oh no? Take a look at the posting history & then get back to us.
it is still not many, read my last response.. By the way, don't take me to task on this one. I hate gay bashing in any form, I just do not think there are many who really think homosexuals are pediphiles. I certainly didn't say, none think this, I said few...

Nita

Old 01-29-2010, 01:59 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,264,699 times
Quote:
it is still not many, read my last response.. By the way, don't take me to task on this one. I hate gay bashing in any form, I just do not think there are many who really think homosexuals are pediphiles. I certainly didn't say, none think this, I said few...

Nita
You're right, I'm sure most don't feel that way. I just had to laugh when you said that because I instantly thought of that poster.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:12 PM

78,206 posts, read 60,421,384 times
I've never thought that...and the few that do so tend to be rather fringe.

However, the early gay movement didn't do themselves any favors by allowing NAMBLA in their marches because they "didn't want to be small minded" like those who criticized gays. By the mid 1980's NAMBLA was pretty much ostracized by the mainstream gay community but prior to that, yes....they often marched in gay parades and had several vocal supporters in the gay community.

The founder of NAMBLA was even invited to give speeches to various gay groups around the country for a time.

Ironically, this is just a classic case of extremists giving an almost unrelated group a bad name. Kinda like how some people like to use Fred Phelps as a poster child for all christians.

Old 01-29-2010, 02:20 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,647,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The only linking I've ever heard has been from gay people, who proclaimed they are gay but not a pedophile, as if others have already accused them of being one.. (similar to this thread)...

Its like they are on the defense without anyone on the offense..
I don't know how anyone could miss the numerous times that NAMBLA has been mentioned on gay-related discussions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies