Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 PM

19,226 posts, read 15,321,408 times

Advertisements

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-TgFX-UkeM
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2010, 06:43 PM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
would you let an amateur do surgery on you? fix your electric, help your sick kid? then why do you base everything you have off a non credentialed weather man blogger who claims thousands of scientists are wrong?

please read below and see that the info you claim mann was altering has been supported by other studies. this is clearly a right wing political agenda for you as it is all deniers. this is a waste of my time. I cite science you cite a weatherman blogger???? that guy is your new king because he supports a false claim you all want so badly to be true. Again the human race will suffer because of it.

Is this the fastest rebuttal of a denier study in history? « Climate Progress

Climate change skeptics/common claims and rebuttal - SourceWatch
What does Mann have to do with this? You attacked Watt's credibility, I asked you for specific support for your claim, I showed how your claim is not valid with key points to the NOAA's talking point memo (which by the way is your only support to claim he is not credible) and you respond about Mann and then post a bunch a garbage which does nothing to support your claim?

Are you lost here? You seem confused as you are not defending your position. Please respond to the information.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:41 PM

2,087 posts, read 1,766,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomander View Post
What does Mann have to do with this? You attacked Watt's credibility, I asked you for specific support for your claim, I showed how your claim is not valid with key points to the NOAA's talking point memo (which by the way is your only support to claim he is not credible) and you respond about Mann and then post a bunch a garbage which does nothing to support your claim?

Are you lost here? You seem confused as you are not defending your position. Please respond to the information.

i am done spoon feeding you grow up. You always talk about how mann is a fraud until he is supported by 10 other trials....and now the 5 things I have pointed out where actual scientists have discredited you blogger I am posting garbage. Seriously I have no use for deniers like you who have nothing but a political agenda. hopefully you all will wake up before it is too late for all of us.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:53 PM

We're all going to die!

Old 02-05-2010, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
We're all going to die!

yep so f the planet and all the other species here.....lets drive hummers

Old 02-06-2010, 12:19 AM

Quote:
yep so f the planet and all the other species here.....lets drive hummers
Some will die of hook, line and sinker disease.

Old 02-06-2010, 01:29 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,051,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ergohead View Post
Some will die of hook, line and sinker disease.
If we replaced CRU with <insert large corporation here> Organick and others like him would have the complete opposite view because it would be the big bad corporation. They've formed some Utopian view of the scientist that can do no wrong Vs. the Capitalist pig. I think part of the drive for this stems from wanting to punish large corporations, ironically by creating more powerful corporations with a market for something that has no value outside of government regulations. They've been so blinded by the propaganda machine behind this they fail to see it. And the most humorous part is at the expense of everyone including himself.

"Hook, line and sinker" couldn't be a more apt description.

Old 02-06-2010, 06:32 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Like I said, good theater but really nothing else. Basically just a highly contrived Punch & Judy show, which Charles Dickens once reviewed with these words...

In my opinion the street Punch is one of those extravagant reliefs from the realities of life which would lose its hold upon the people if it were made moral and instructive. I regard it as quite harmless in its influence, and as an outrageous joke which no one in existence would think of regarding as an incentive to any kind of action or as a model for any kind of conduct...

Old 02-06-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
If we replaced CRU with <insert large corporation here> Organick and others like him would have the complete opposite view because it would be the big bad corporation. They've formed some Utopian view of the scientist that can do no wrong Vs. the Capitalist pig. I think part of the drive for this stems from wanting to punish large corporations, ironically by creating more powerful corporations with a market for something that has no value outside of government regulations. They've been so blinded by the propaganda machine behind this they fail to see it. And the most humorous part is at the expense of everyone including himself.

"Hook, line and sinker" couldn't be a more apt description.
how ironic you claim we just want to punish corporations but than claim that AGW is made up for money redistribution...hmmmm.

No one has utopian views that science is perfect. however when the overwhelming majority of experts agree that is called consensus. in the scientific community this is how things happen. All those darn Phd scientists that are behind the propaganda machine........you mine like the ones I cited previously being paid 10k a paper to oppose AGW by exxon?

Old 02-06-2010, 07:04 AM

13,053 posts, read 12,951,643 times
Quote:
i am done spoon feeding you grow up.
You haven't done anything but cut and paste. You need to be capable of discussing the science specifically to be able to spoon feed me. As everyone can see, your lack of response to the Watts argument shows everyone here that you are simply lacking in understanding. You call me a "denier", yet can not seem to show what it is I am denying. Me on the other hand, I have shown you to be a tool, tool for propaganda.

Quote:
You always talk about how mann is a fraud until he is supported by 10 other trials....
Yes, I talk about Mann, but WE were not discussing him at that exact moment. We were discussing Watts, more specifically your claim on his creditability and the support you used from the NOAA talking point memo. Did you forget?

Here it is again, please respond this time and stay on topic.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post12767259

Quote:
and now the 5 things I have pointed out where actual scientists have discredited you blogger I am posting garbage.
Making accusations and not discussing the accusation simply makes you a tool pushing propaganda. This is a discussion board, not propaganda site for you simply to cut and paste your claims while never dealing with the content of them.

You post, then I responded directly to it. Then you post something else ignoring the response I made (red herring). That is, since you do not respond to the content and simply cut and paste without direct discussion on debate, you are simply pushing garbage because you do not respond with any understanding of what it is you post. It makes you a tool, a lackey, an ignorant propaganda pawn.

So you can respond to my discussion directly and provide commentary on why you disagree using support for that disagreement, or you can continue to use fallacies. Which is it going to be? Are you capable of discussing it past "cut and paste"? It doesn't appear so.

I will go out on a limb and speculate here. It appears you really do not understand what your links are discussing. What you appear to be doing is frequenting sites that are designed specifically to attack creditability and misinform. Notice that your sites center around derogatory use of words. For instance, denier is over used in every post, rebuttal, and argument.

Yes, we get it, you think those who disagree are "deniers" and you want everyone to know that you liken them to a "holocaust denier" as it appears you believe that this will aid you in destroying any argument that might question the opinion of AGW. You can simply cast them into such a category and everyone will clap and agree their information is wrong.

The problem is, people catch on after a while and see all you are is a one trick pony ignorant of the topic. Your continued approach to our discussion only continues to lend support to this assessment. You can't attack and evade consistently and expect people to see your argument as anything more than a joke.

Please respond concerning Watts:

Quote:
Seriously I have no use for deniers like you who have nothing but a political agenda. hopefully you all will wake up before it is too late for all of us.
This is your premise. It has been the center of your posts from the start. You use emotional urgency and character attack to promote your view.

Please respond concerning Watts:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies