Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:34 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,787,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevK View Post
More from the Republican Party in a state that is one of the most RED on the planet but yet 58% of the students in the state are on the government lunch program (no it is not nearly 58% black so there have to be whites on it too). While saying that these kids are like stray animals and feeding them is just encouraging them to breed, they also oppose abortion. People like this are why we need cheap and available abortions now more than ever!

S.C. Republican: Aid like feeding strays - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1199662.html - broken link)
They care more about a fetus than a 5 year old kid who doesn't have health insurance and goes to be hungry at night.

I just don't get why they oppose abortion, oppose condom distribution and paying for low-income people to have access to birth control yet constantly harp on poor people who have children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 03:37 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
More from the Republican Party in a state that is one of the most RED on the planet but yet 58% of the students in the state are on the government lunch program (no it is not nearly 58% black so there have to be whites on it too). While saying that these kids are like stray animals and feeding them is just encouraging them to breed, they also oppose abortion. People like this are why we need cheap and available abortions now more than ever!

S.C. Republican: Aid like feeding strays - CharlotteObserver.com (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/topstories/story/1199662.html - broken link)
And I thought most of the Republicans/religious right didn't believe in evolution/survival of the fittest!

Old 01-31-2010, 03:38 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post

I'm not interested in the title. I want to see the quote in which he, or any other Republican for that matter, call kids stray animals.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Republicans Call Kids "Stray Animals" But Oppose Abortion
"Bauer later told The Greenville News on Friday that he wasn't saying people on government assistance “were animals or anything else.”

Why is it lefties don't read their own stories before making up post titles and posting them?

What was Bauer's point then by saying his mother told him not to feed stray animals because they would only breed?

Are we supplying government assistance to starving, stray animals that would have made his above statement relevant?

Old 01-31-2010, 03:53 PM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times
I don't have a problem with feeding the students in our schools as long as they are all getting fed.
I do have a problem with having to send my kid to school with his lunch and then feeding some other person's kid with my taxes.

As curious as it seems, I waited until I was able to actually house, cloth, and feed my child before I considered having them. My parents did the same.

Old 01-31-2010, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
I don't have a problem with feeding the students in our schools as long as they are all getting fed.
I do have a problem with having to send my kid to school with his lunch and then feeding some other person's kid with my taxes.

As curious as it seems, I waited until I was able to actually house, cloth, and feed my child before I considered having them. My parents did the same.
I can agree with you on this.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:22 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Default Is it just too darn hard to click the link, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
I'm not interested in the title. I want to see the quote in which he, or any other Republican for that matter, call kids stray animals.
“My grandmother was not a highly educated woman, but she told me as a small child to quit feeding stray animals. You know why? Because they breed. You're facilitating the problem if you give an animal or a person ample food supply.

"They will reproduce, especially ones that don't think too much further than that. And so what you've got to do is, you've got to curtail that type of behavior. They don't know any better,” Bauer said.
- OP's link, from Charlotte NC paper. The title of the article is "S.C. Republican: Aid like feeding strays"

Old 01-31-2010, 04:40 PM

119 posts, read 197,143 times
I am not going to name names here, and this doesn't apply to all of the posters above me in this thread.

However, anyone who takes this doooooooooosh as an example of a normal person is out of his or her mind.

He might have made a valid analogy if he wasn't so stupid as to just make a blanket statement like that.

The title of the thread is misleading as well. The reason it was even a story was because ONE republican made a crazy statement. I am sure there will be more but probably unrelated.

Old 01-31-2010, 04:52 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodyman5001 View Post
I am not going to name names here, and this doesn't apply to all of the posters above me in this thread.

However, anyone who takes this doooooooooosh as an example of a normal person is out of his or her mind.

He might have made a valid analogy if he wasn't so stupid as to just make a blanket statement like that.

The title of the thread is misleading as well. The reason it was even a story was because ONE republican made a crazy statement. I am sure there will be more but probably unrelated.
I think he expressed a pretty common right wing opinion. If it's dooooshy then so be it.

How would you have shaped it into a "valid analogy"?

Old 01-31-2010, 10:25 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:

It's about being responsible for your actions. Before you get knocked up or after you give birth.

Those who use abortion as a form of birth control are no better than those who have 5 kids they can't afford and keep on having more.

"Bauer's remarks came during a speech in which he said government should take away assistance if those receiving help didn't pass drug tests or attend parent-teacher conferences or PTA meetings if their children were receiving free and reduced-price lunches."

You can get an abortion in SC. So that is NOT the issue. He was calling for parents of children to try to pretend they care about them, while they have 10 more and live off tax payer monies. What are you going to do? Force abortions for people who live off the state and are pregnant, yet again?

No matter WHICH side of the argument you sit on, it all comes down to being responsible for your actions. Pre abortion or post-birth. It's really not that hard of a concept to grasp.

USE birth control or pay your own way if you keep the baby. USE birth control and stop pretending you're responsible while getting an abortion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies