Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2010, 08:11 PM

1,773 posts, read 1,266,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Be it Hati, or another Country, Unites States, is always ready to lend that helping hand.Why so surprised. If ever the Unites States, sees that kind of destrucion, who will SAVE US.
If we ever had something that horrific happen, I assume our allies would help us immediately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2010, 08:55 PM

3,503 posts, read 7,497,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by puglywump View Post
No surprise the governor of FL is a republican I guess.

The state of Florida would gladly accept your money directly...you know, because the economy sucks these days. It is a tourist economy thing.

Old 01-30-2010, 09:07 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Yep, they were prosperous,...when they were run by France.
True, but the French bankrupt that nation too, once they gained their independance. What a shame. They were set up to fail. I read plenty of the historical facts, and most of it shows extreme exploitation from the French, US and of course their own people in power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Be it Hati, or another Country, Unites States, is always ready to lend that helping hand.Why so surprised. If ever the Unites States, sees that kind of destrucion, who will SAVE US ?.

CHINA!! (Don't they hold the pink slip to this country anyway?)

Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 AM

563 posts, read 518,769 times
I needed to get to a hospital last night and was turned away...why? Because the government found it necessary to overload our hospital with people of another country. Let's just keep shelling out money that we do not have.

Thank goodness my doctor is always on call and was able to get to me in time.

Why can we rush to save everyone else, yet we have families losing their homes anf living out of their vehicles with their spouse and children? Can someone explain that to me?

Old 02-01-2010, 06:09 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,279,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joejitsu View Post
Source: If not for the U.S., `Haiti would have perished' - Haiti - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/americas/haiti/v-fullstory/story/1450082.html - broken link)

A surprising number of people on this board would have preferred for the U.S. not to help and for Haiti to perish.
Yeah, I heard that doom and gloom tinfoilhattery before. "If not for TARP and the massive government infusion of funny money, we'd be living in caves and knawing on each other's flesh."

Old 02-01-2010, 06:12 AM

3,390 posts, read 4,950,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Yeah, I heard that doom and gloom tinfoilhattery before. "If not for TARP and the massive government infusion of funny money, we'd be living in caves and knawing on each other's flesh."
LOL!!!!

Old 02-01-2010, 10:27 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,422,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy Storm View Post
I needed to get to a hospital last night and was turned away...why? Because the government found it necessary to overload our hospital with people of another country. Let's just keep shelling out money that we do not have.

Thank goodness my doctor is always on call and was able to get to me in time.

Why can we rush to save everyone else, yet we have families losing their homes anf living out of their vehicles with their spouse and children? Can someone explain that to me?

That's bull. I find that hard to believe . Where was that exactly? Even if you couldn't get service, why didn't you go to another hospital?

Some poeple online are full of ****. You're one of them.

Old 02-01-2010, 10:31 AM

871 posts, read 3,018,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Major troll alert.

YUP!

Karma, dude.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post
That's bull. I find that hard to believe . Where was that exactly? Even if you couldn't get service, why didn't you go to another hospital?

Bull? They had to finally stop accepting them in Florida hospitals because there is no more room and now are flying them to Philadelphia and elsewhere.

Enough of giving to other countries when we can't take care of our own. It will be nice to get some real leadership in this country in a few more years.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterNY View Post

And if you need to know why I didn't go to another hospital, the other ones in the area are very substandard compared to the one closest to my house.

But hey, lets help everyone else out that are not from the US of A!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies