Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Homosexuals are freaks of nature
Strongly agree 20 11.76%
Agree 19 11.18%
Neither agree nor disagree 16 9.41%
Disagree 19 11.18%
Strongly disagree 96 56.47%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 02:36 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
What's the reason for this poll?
Because I find it an interesting topic to discuss.

Quote:
It seems like pandering to provoke bigots to expose themselves. Is this necessary?
Is anything on this forum "necessary"?

It's just a discussion. No one is required to participate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 02:38 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,659,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
I have nothing against gays, I just prefer not to see them holding hands. In other words, If I was gay, you would never know.
Trust me. Most gays aren't comfortable holding hands in public. Even in very gay areas of this country, it's rare to see two men or two women holding hands, and in those same gay areas, I see more male/female couples holding hands than same-sex couples holding hands.

Last edited by AnUnidentifiedMale; 01-31-2010 at 03:01 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 02:54 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,398,505 times
Main Entry: 1nat·u·ral
Pronunciation: \ˈna-chə-rəl, ˈnach-rəl\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French naturel, from Latin naturalis of nature, from natura nature
Date: 14th century
1 : based on an inherent sense of right and wrong <natural justice>
2 a : being in accordance with or determined by nature b : having or constituting a classification based on features existing in nature
3 a (1) : begotten as distinguished from adopted; also : legitimate (2) : being a relation by actual consanguinity as distinguished from adoption <natural parents> b : illegitimate <a natural child>
4 : having an essential relation with someone or something : following from the nature of the one in question <his guilt is a natural deduction from the evidence>
5 : implanted or being as if implanted by nature : seemingly inborn <a natural talent for art>
6 : of or relating to nature as an object of study and research
7 : having a specified character by nature <a natural athlete>
8 a : occurring in conformity with the ordinary course of nature : not marvelous or supernatural <natural causes> b : formulated by human reason alone rather than revelation <natural religion> <natural rights> c : having a normal or usual character <events followed their natural course>
9 : possessing or exhibiting the higher qualities (as kindliness and affection) of human nature <a noble…brother…ever most kind and natural — Shakespeare>
10 a : growing without human care; also : not cultivated <natural prairie unbroken by the plow> b : existing in or produced by nature : not artificial <natural turf> <natural curiosities> c : relating to or being natural food
11 a : being in a state of nature without spiritual enlightenment : unregenerate <natural man> b : living in or as if in a state of nature untouched by the influences of civilization and society
12 a : having a physical or real existence as contrasted with one that is spiritual, intellectual, or fictitious <a corporation is a legal but not a natural person> b : of, relating to, or operating in the physical as opposed to the spiritual world <natural laws describe phenomena of the physical universe>
13 a : closely resembling an original : true to nature b : marked by easy simplicity and freedom from artificiality, affectation, or constraint c : having a form or appearance found in nature
14 a : having neither flats nor sharps <the natural scale of C major> b : being neither sharp nor flat c : having the pitch modified by the natural sign
15 : of an off-white or beige color

Why do we (Americans) want to rewrite the dictionary to fit our own ideas?

The Elephant man was a freak of nature but he was basically "normal" in every other respect just like a homosexual.

Regardless, doesn't lend much credence to "Intelligent Design".

Old 01-31-2010, 02:59 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,844,914 times
The times I have sex, isn't for reproduction, its for personal enjoyment... so I don't think its a "freak of nature" to be homosexual (if that's what you enjoy, hey, more girls for me! But I am married, so no more girls for me)... When my spouse and I have intimate relations, its mostly not to reproduce... but if it happens, I would be even happier! If nature intended for sexual activities to be only for reproduction, it wouldn't be so enjoyable... which it is... oh yeah!

Old 01-31-2010, 05:54 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
I guess Im a freak I love my Pookie and we love getting freaky with each other in bed.
OMG the sex life is awesome.
I enjoy holding, squeezing, massaging his manly smooth skin between my manly hands.
I enjoy going to a nascar race or kayaking down a river.
The intimacy is something else
I truly found my soul mate.
We understand each other and are there for each other during sickness & health
He my Pookie I can believe I been monogamous with one man for six years.
We met each other on gay.com
We are not afraid to be freaky this pass fall we got it on in middle of some woods
totally HOT
The key to make a relationship work is understand what makes your partner happy
We always shoot to give each other the WOW factor.
I think also being two men you both understand the man's needs
I love You Pookie!
I love being your freak

Old 01-31-2010, 06:01 PM

4,877 posts, read 4,505,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Yes, but lots of things are "natural". How do we distinguish between something that is unusual but still considered natural and normal, and something that is unusual but considered abnormal, bizarre, or freakish?

It's unusual in that 99 percent of the population don't engage in it.

Personally, I think it is weird, freakish and bizarre. But, I'm straight so I suppose that a gay guy thinks me liking women is bizarre and freakish.

Now that I think about it, I kinda like a freaky woman once in a while.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:09 PM

530 posts, read 779,758 times
Quote:
Yes, but lots of things are "natural". How do we distinguish between something that is unusual but still considered natural and normal, and something that is unusual but considered abnormal, bizarre, or freakish?
I have a question, thought whatever you want to call it but here it is: Do you think it is possible that homosexuality is another step in the evolutionary ladder to help control overpopulation? I have asked several of my gay friends this with varying responses. Not trying to hijack your thread but all this natural/nature talk made me want to get your opinion.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:12 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Do you agree or disagree that homosexuals are freaks of nature? If you agree, why? If you don't agree, why not?
Being homosexual is inconsistent with the theory of evolution.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:15 PM

571 posts, read 943,206 times
This is ridiculous. We all have our own quirks, eccentricites, weirdness, ect. no two people are the same. What is a "freak of nature", and how do we define this? What is normal? Someone who is married with 2 kids, and has a 9-5 job as an accountant? You'd have to be a pretty intelligent and competitive person to do so. Who has that much of a flair for mathematics? I surely don't. Is that accountant a freak of nature?

What about someone who likes to date people with red hair? Yeah, what a weirdo. Who exclusively likes people with red hair?

Here's the answer as to why homosexuals are a big "red flag" for the less intelligent members of society: it is something that is easily scapegoated and grosses a lot of people out. Almost everybody I encounter is utterly shocked that I am gay. I tell anyone who asks, but I dress normal, talk normal, I don't have a big rainbow flag on my shirt and I don't sashay everywhere. What's different about me, is I like to date guys. I relate well to guys, I am naturally attracted to them, I've had many fun experiences with other guys. And you know what, its legal, I have friends and family who knows and some disagree but still treat me with respect.

So if this makes me a freak of nature, whatever that is, so be it, you're allowed to your opinon. And I don't care, frankly.

Old 01-31-2010, 06:17 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Being homosexual is inconsistent with the theory of evolution.
so is having a vasectomy

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonlitwishes View Post
I have a question, thought whatever you want to call it but here it is: Do you think it is possible that homosexuality is another step in the evolutionary ladder to help control overpopulation? I have asked several of my gay friends this with varying responses. Not trying to hijack your thread but all this natural/nature talk made me want to get your opinion.
It would be interesting to see if that true and see in the over populated country of China.
Is China lacking homosexuals
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies