Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree: Homosexuals are freaks of nature
Strongly agree 20 11.76%
Agree 19 11.18%
Neither agree nor disagree 16 9.41%
Disagree 19 11.18%
Strongly disagree 96 56.47%
Voters: 170. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 07:34 PM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
Good points, but then should left-handed people also not be considered "normal"?

That is true. They are outside of the norm and therefore not "normal", if one is evaluating hand dominance. That is why left handed pitchers are worth alot more than a right handed pitcher.

Clearly homosexuality is not normal. Should one be derided or persecuted for being statistically a couple of standard deviations from the mean? No, not unless that particular perameter renders one, by virtue of this difference, to be a threat to the norm. I don't think so at all, if one is evaluating a difference in sexuality that makes up a small componant of the population and does not threaten the perpetuation of the species. If other componants of that sexuality, such as forced indoctrination to acceptance of apects of homosexuality threaten the values and beliefs of the norm, then yes it is a threat.

This is why I really, really do not understand why many gays feel the need to force thier agenda and recognition of their sexuality upon the rest of us. No one really cares, or should care, until it starts to disrupt our lives, by changing school curriculums, media, and laws that have a negative impact on the norm. Then IT DOES become everyone else's buisness. Why not just shut up and live free?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 07:41 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
This is why I really, really do not understand why many gays feel the need to force thier agenda and recognition of their sexuality upon the rest of us. No one really cares, or should care, until it starts to disrupt our lives, by changing school curriculums, media, and laws that have a negative impact on the norm. Then IT DOES become everyone else's buisness. Why not just shut up and live free?
If discrimination and harassment of homosexuals didn't exist, there wouldn't be a need to bring it into school curricula. The idea is to teach kids that everyone deserves a basic level of respect.

As for the media, are you talking about homosexual characters in movies and TV shows? There really aren't that many of them. I think it's easy to avoid them if you want.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:06 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,422,379 times
I don't know if this has been said or not, because I am not wading through all this, but -

I've worked with many gay men and women, and all have been pretty much exactly the same as everyone else, except they are wired differently in their romantic / sexual preferences.

So no, they are not freaks of nature. What a stupid and ignorant thread title.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:13 PM

Quote:

Because they can't.

Have you ever been hit upside the head with a bottle by some redneck calling you a "fagg1t" because you dared walk down the street holding hands with another man?

One of my co-workers had this happen to him, and it wasn't years and years ago. It was within the past couple years. All because he and his partner were walking down the street holding hands.

Most gay people are not the leather pants / mesh shirt wearing flamboyantly gay stereotype. All they want is to be able to live their life without their sexuality being an issue.

What boggles my mind most is the "Christians" who spend so much time hating on gay people and worrying about them. Isn't it God's place to judge and ours just to get along?

Old 01-31-2010, 08:15 PM

287 posts, read 547,167 times
Quote:
That is true. They are outside of the norm and therefore not "normal", if one is evaluating hand dominance. That is why left handed pitchers are worth alot more than a right handed pitcher.

Clearly homosexuality is not normal. Should one be derided or persecuted for being statistically a couple of standard deviations from the mean? No, not unless that particular perameter renders one, by virtue of this difference, to be a threat to the norm. I don't think so at all, if one is evaluating a difference in sexuality that makes up a small componant of the population and does not threaten the perpetuation of the species. If other componants of that sexuality, such as forced indoctrination to acceptance of apects of homosexuality threaten the values and beliefs of the norm, then yes it is a threat.

Well said. Exactly how I feel.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:52 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,518,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CometVoyager View Post
Ditto on all the above Mr hawkeye2009! Actually Homosexuals are "Deviants" according Webster's Dictionary as to what a deviant is!

The reason it is so i n your face now is because homosexuals are like flys to fly paper with regards to their media infiltration. So here you have about 5% of the population trying to impose their view of what is normal! Let's hope they do not succeed!

Now some of you may say I am Homophobic but I am not however I may be Homodisgustous.
Quote:

Persecuted really?
Do you really feel the need to annoy?
If we would stop the discrimination the ignorance and provide gays with equal rights and liberty
then the media wouldnt have anything to report on.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:01 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Well, they are perfectly natural. Homosexual behavior has been observed in several other species.

What role they play in nature, I'm unsure of, but their sexual behavior is perfectly natural.

It is not normal, based on our religious morals, but thats a different matter completely.
Amazing. Just amazing.

"Observed in other species"....makes it "perfectly natural" huh?

In case you didn't know, the difference between homosapiens and other species are that we are given the ability to make decisions. Butterflies do not make decisions. Sharks do not make decisions. Crustaceans do not make decisions.

Humans, on the other hand, were given the divine ability to make decisions. To equate the activity of other species to that of the human species is just mindnumbingly falacious. What we decide to do is up to us as humans. We don't find something acceptable just because "other species" do it. The female anatomy has a purpose, and it's conversely proportional to that of the male. It's like that for a reason.

You are correct in asserting that religion helps to define what is right and wrong; but, human biology in and of itself is proof enough that homosexual sex is not "right." If you're a God-believing person, you know that God himself has proclaimed that man lying with other men is indeed not right in his eyes. Choose to ignore that if you like. Billions of religous people of major religions worldwide disagree with you, which should be enough to make anyone ask themselves..."what am I missing?"

Last edited by AeroGuyDC; 01-31-2010 at 09:24 PM..

Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,386,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Amazing. Just amazing.

"Observed in other species"....makes it "perfectly natural" huh?

In case you didn't know, the difference between homosapiens and other species are that we are given the ability to make decisions. Butterflies do not make decisions. Sharks do not make decisions. Crustaceans do not make decisions.

Humans, on the other hand, were given the divine ability to make decisions. To equate the activity of other species to that of the human species is just mindnumbingly falacious. What we decide to do is up to us as humans. We don't find something acceptable just because "other species" do it.

You are correct in asserting that religion helps to define what is right and wrong; but, human biology in and of itself is proof enough that homosexual sex is not "right." If you're a God-believing person, you know that God himself has proclaimed that man lying with other men is indeed not right in his eyes. Choose to ignore that if you like. Billions of religous people covering most major religions worldwide disagree with you, which should be enough to make you ask yourself..."what am I missing?"
Let me ask you a question, K?

Do you, or do you not get hungry? When you get hungry, do you fulfill that human need to feed on food?

Telling someone to ignore their biology, is like asking yourself not to eat. Its part of your biology as well, to eat isn't it? Or is that just another foolish biological trait that we were born with, that we don't need to follow.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:44 PM

23,838 posts, read 23,121,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Let me ask you a question, K?

Do you, or do you not get hungry? When you get hungry, do you fulfill that human need to feed on food?

Telling someone to ignore their biology, is like asking yourself not to eat. Its part of your biology as well, to eat isn't it? Or is that just another foolish biological trait that we were born with, that we don't need to follow.
Yes, of course, your body tells you to eat, so you eat. But humans are programmed to eat digestible food. By your reasoning, some men are biologically programmed to seek out other men. So, using your own example, does that mean that some people seek out indigestible food? Why not? Afterall, some of us are simply biologically different, right?

It's just amazing to me what people (not just you) will say and do to convince themselves that homosexual sex is normal.

With that being said, I acknowledge that it's a difficult question for any of us to understand. Personally, I just leave it up to God to sort out in the end. It only bothers me when the Gay Agenda is pushed on schools, kids, etc. Keep it in the bedroom, where it should stay.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:51 PM

You realize the "Gay Agenda", as you put it, is merely asking that to accepted as equals?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies