Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM

26,639 posts, read 36,722,762 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
If I had two illegitimate children from two different fathers less than three years apart, I don't think I would be proud of it. Besides, she is not supporting her children. I think I would almost rather have her sitting on her butt collecting welfare if she would be a good, decent, loving mother to her children. Ironically, she may have no choice soon since her babysitter had to move to a woman's center due to domestic abuse.

Oh the drama, the drama.

20yrsinBranson
Hopefully she'll find other childcare soon.

She's giving her children a good example by working, something that sitting around on welfare won't supply.

What would you do in her position? Skulk in shame and ensure that your children have miserable lives because you're ashamed of them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2010, 08:50 PM

11,944 posts, read 14,782,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
When my exwife and I tried to get back together, she got me to go to her church (don't remember the denomination). After church she asked me what I thought. I asked why does her preacher think he's god. She gave me a look that said she didn't understand the question. That preacher was going on and on about the sins of others and who was going to hell. Told her that it's not his place to decide who goes to hell. Only god can decide who goes to hell and that's by seeing what's within one's heart and mind, not by how loudly they scream about the sins of others. She kept going there for a few more months but she began to see what I meant and stopped going to that church.
I hear you. Born and raised catholic, but technically I can't call myself that anymore. I practice my faith privately because the middlemen were getting in the way of my relationship with my maker. Very hard choice to make, but well worth it IMO. I hope they come to realize their errors before allow the true message to become corrupted by political & manipulative games. I offer you Father Pfleger as poster boy for all that's gone wrong with organized religion. The Holy See recognizing his own approach to his job to his consciousness is the first step, but that step will never be taken if he's self satisfied with infallability. Pope John Paul made considerable strides that stalled when his health failed. The Vatican as think tank has reverted to an orientation of self preservation (ie san hedron).

Old 01-31-2010, 08:59 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,486,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
But it's hard to turn the sex drive off when you're young and many of your peers of the opposite sex are HOT.
How hot is the hot chick when she's pregnant? How hot is the BMOC when he's an expectant daddy?

Old 01-31-2010, 09:05 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Hopefully she'll find other childcare soon.

She's giving her children a good example by working, something that sitting around on welfare won't supply.

What would you do in her position? Skulk in shame and ensure that your children have miserable lives because you're ashamed of them?
No, I would have gotten married before getting pregnant. It can be done.

I suppose you are right that working is a good example. But having a loving two-parent family would have been a better one.

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-31-2010, 09:09 PM

Yes, it's very easy to tell other people how to live and say what we would do in their place. But she has what she has and sounds like in some ways she's trying to make the best of it.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:13 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,135,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metlakatla View Post
Yes, it's very easy to tell other people how to live and say what we would do in their place. But she has what she has and sounds like in some ways she's trying to make the best of it.
We are all responsible for our actions in life. She consciously chose her path it did not "happen" to her and now she is making the best of it. She chose to have two illegitimate children. It is very hard to respect someone who makes those kinds of decisions. Sorry I can't put her on the "mommy of the year" pedestal. Let's all just hope she doesn't make it three for three shall we?

20yrsinBranson

Old 01-31-2010, 09:31 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,530,849 times
I'm reminded of former Governor Jesse Ventura. A single mother asked him what he plans to do to help her and he said the state of minnesota didn't put her in her current situation. She put herself in this situation. It's not the state's responsibility to help with her mistake.

Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
We are all responsible for our actions in life. She consciously chose her path it did not "happen" to her and now she is making the best of it. She chose to have two illegitimate children. It is very hard to respect someone who makes those kinds of decisions. Sorry I can't put her on the "mommy of the year" pedestal. Let's all just hope she doesn't make it three for three shall we?

20yrsinBranson
I don't believe that anyone asked you to do anything of the kind.

What I said was that the woman appears to be trying to make the best of the situation in her life.

Of course you don't have to respect her anymore than I, for instance, have to respect bitter sounding judgementalists, but I do hope that for your own sake you are able to act in a professional manner in the workplace concerning your distaste for her private life.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:46 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
No excuses made for a MAN OR WOMEN. If you don't want Children, then stop playing around. You play your gona get burned. And if your adults, or late teens, no excuse what so ever. You know about protection, well damn well use it. When you make your own bed, you then lie in it. Ignorance is bliss when it comes to Protection, that from a Man and the Women. 2010 and you don't know how to use a damn condom, a woman does not know how to protect herself, then you suffer the consequences, of a baby born that is not wanted.

Old 02-01-2010, 03:49 PM

2,039 posts, read 3,279,886 times
Condoms cause cancer!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies