Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 01:37 PM

76,982 posts, read 47,311,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Eliminating federal tax cuts and subsidies for oil, gas, and coal companies, while at the same time increasing tax cuts and subsides for green energy, iwill further unbalance the markets, increase energy costs, and tip the scales in an attempt to allow green energy to look slightly better. The day when green energy looks appealing, is the day we all are paying as much for energy as we do on our mortgage, or rent.
Not just green, but nuclear and clean coal too. And off-shore drilling. I think that is the right way to go as far as energy is concerned.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-01-2010 at 02:01 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,384,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
People are also waking up to the hypocracy of Republicans blaming Obama for what Bush got a free pass for.

We are still fighting two incredibly expensive wars, health care costs continues to rise exorbitantly (4-5x's the rate of wages) we are hopefully beginning to emerge from a recession where record numbers have lost their homes and are in need of assistance, our schools are losing ground, but Obama is supposed to tackle all these issues and significantly lower the deficit at the same time.

Uh-huh.

We have had 17 years of it now.
At least Clinton cut spending, except the wrong place, our military.
The government is not sustainable. Somethings got to shrink, or they better crap some cash, or it is going to way worse than the tyranny of the 1930's.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:50 PM

Other things worth noting :

- increase in defence spending
- cuts, eliminations and freezes of 120 programs
- addition of new tax cuts and credits to help small business
- NASAs new moon program is frozen completely
- expiration of Bush tax cuts for those who make more than 250K a year

This proposal looks more conservative than Reagan's.

The good thing is, that if (BIG IF) these plans work, they would result in larger economy and that would make the debt more manageable. Reaganomics at its best. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-01-2010 at 01:58 PM..

Old 02-01-2010, 01:53 PM

20,054 posts, read 18,227,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Other things worth noting :

- increase in defence spending
- cuts, eliminations and freezes of 120 programs
- addition of new tax cuts and credits to help small business
- NASAs new moon program is frozen completely
- expiration of Bush tax cuts for those who make more than 250K a year

This proposal looks more conservative than Reagan's.
Increasing expenses towards military is anything but conservative. More like RINO neo-con. Something ObamaBush knows plenty about.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
Increasing expenses towards military is anything but conservative. More like RINO neo-con. Something ObamaBush knows plenty about.
Oh, ok, so strong military is off the 'conservative values list'. Okey dokie.

If you have a 'true friend' on this board, they'd be sending you a private message at this point asking you to be quiet for a while.

Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Oh, ok, so strong military is off the 'conservative values liest'.
Always has been, always will be. Keep thinking it's conservative (blue = green, 1 + 1 = 3) if you wish.

Fiscal conservativism is fiscal conservativism and it doesn't play favorites with a particular sector.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Always has been, always will be. Keep thinking it's conservative (blue = green, 1 + 1 = 3) if you wish.

Fiscal conservativism is fiscal conservativism and it doesn't play favorites with a particular sector.
If you say so, but I can't think of any conservatives who'll agree with you.

[MOD CUT]

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-01-2010 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: personal attack

Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM

Quote:
If you say so, but I can't think of any conservatives who'll agree with you.
Herd mentality is for Obama supporters. Anyone can claim they're conservative. Perhaps some of the RINOs believe my fiancee's cat is conservative (?). I personally think it takes the mentality of an infant to think that fiscal conservativism has exceptions in particular sectors of the economy. But, you like to think that 1+1 = 3 (only on Tuesdays), so who am I to argue with the tinfoilhatters?

Unless you irished up that milk, I'm not interested.

Old 02-01-2010, 02:52 PM

6,565 posts, read 14,258,970 times
Quote:
Was that the sound of your credibility flying out the window?

Conservatives aren't for more military spending..... I gotta take that one to the next NRA meeting...

Old 02-01-2010, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett_Butler View Post
Was that the sound of your credibility flying out the window?

Conservatives aren't for more military spending..... I gotta take that one to the next NRA meeting...
Hopefully the meeting is on tuesday, as per my previous reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies