Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
and just because you spout propaganda from fox and the wash. post does not make it true. All you right wing followers are the same. You can find a way to justify everything and will believe and spread lies to do so. Try explaining the justification of 9/11 as the reason when plans were finalized in june with tony blair try reading the current inquiry instead of watching glen beck. It is so pointless for any of us to provide you with factuak information such as the CIA reports because you just deny it. It is truly amazing that you all haven't been led off a plank already except that they need your kind to continue the fleecing of the american people.
Quote:
forgot sadam was killing millions of people oh he wasn't? Do you actually read anything about the people there??? How they were better off when he was in control? How 4000 americans were not dead? how hate for america was not spreading like wildfire? No of course you did not and will not because fox will not tell you to. You guys are strung along to every thing they want.
I dont think I've met anyone who had less of a clue..
Clinton didnt make the US policy to oust Saddam? Then exlain to me what the "Iraq Liberation Act", singed on November 1st, 1998 by Clinton did? Educate me ooooh wise one..

There wasnt a plan in 1993 to oust Saddam by the Clinton administration?
Then tell me why Clinton launched 23 cruise missles onto Baghdad and laser guided bombs near Mosul August 1993?

Saddam wasnt killing millions of his own people?
Have you ever heard of the Kurds and the town of Helabja? They might disagree with you...
I guess these people are just pretending to be dead for Fox News
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/c/c5/Chemical_weapon2.jpg/300px-Chemical_weapon2.jpg (broken link)
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/a7/Halabja1.jpg/180px-Halabja1.jpg (broken link)
telling me that Hussain was loved by his people is pathetic as someone proclaiming that Hitler should have been allowed to dominate the world because his people also loved him..

Last edited by pghquest; 02-02-2010 at 05:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 06:43 AM

2,087 posts, read 1,765,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Organick, it's not a matter of policy but matter of preparedness. For example most places have fire drill and plan in place to evacuate a building. The armed forces do the same thing, like I said it wouldn;t suprise me if they had plans to invade the US itself.

Right now they have plans to invade both Iran and North Korea which have probably been ironed out to the last detail and latest developments. They aren't ordering Cheeseburgers...
once again you ignore the use of 9/11 as justification for a war that Had finalized plans with britain. Have you read the inquiry? In a court of law it has been stated that the war would have happened with or without 9/11

secondly being prepared in case a country attacks you is far different from invading a country at the cost of thousands upon thousands of innocent people, not to mention our status in the world and the us econmy

Old 02-02-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
That goes into the too damn bad category, when you start something be prepared to finish it. Besides that saved lives.... You ever hear of Okinawa which was the last battle fought before they dropped those bombs? The death toll of civilians alone during that battle far exceeded the numbers in those two cities.

Roughly speaking about 12,000 US military killed, 100,000 Japanese military killed and about 100,000 Japanese civilian killed. Almost a quarter of million people and the mainland was next. Estimates suggested millions of American soldiers dead let alone what was going to happen to the Japanese.
the coalman and the right will defend everything we do and then list a huge list of attacks that had nothing to do with Iraq nor has our invasion done anything to stop attacks like this. They will ignore the arrogance of the US in having no concern for innocent people but than turn around and use the same argument to start wars. They have it covered from both ends sort of like the bible.

Old 02-02-2010, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Civilians always have and always will die during war, that's the way it is. You're comparing apples to oranges, the accidental killings of civilians in Iraq, Afghanistan or anywhere else compared to flying a plane full of people into a building is laughable. The closest you've come is with the atomic bombs but that was a different time and different circumstances.

how is killing over 100,000 civilians better than the 3000 they killed? and the 4000 we then sacrificed by invading?

Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzpost View Post
Read your own damn link, if you're capable.
practice what you preach.....your lost

Old 02-02-2010, 06:58 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
how is killing over 100,000 civilians better than the 3000 they killed? and the 4000 we then sacrificed by invading?
no better than the 500,000 iraqi children that were killed during the clinton time frame

Quote:
Lesley Stahl on U.S. sanctions against Iraq: We have heard that a half million children have died. I mean, that's more children than died in Hiroshima. And, you know, is the price worth it?

Secretary of State Madeleine Albright: I think this is a very hard choice, but the price--we think the price is worth it.

--60 Minutes (5/12/96)

Old 02-02-2010, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I dont think I've met anyone who had less of a clue..
Clinton didnt make the US policy to oust Saddam? Then exlain to me what the "Iraq Liberation Act", singed on November 1st, 1998 by Clinton did? Educate me ooooh wise one..

There wasnt a plan in 1993 to oust Saddam by the Clinton administration?
Then tell me why Clinton launched 23 cruise missles onto Baghdad and laser guided bombs near Mosul August 1993?

Saddam wasnt killing millions of his own people?
Have you ever heard of the Kurds and the town of Helabja? They might disagree with you...
I guess these people are just pretending to be dead for Fox News

telling me that Hussain was loved by his people is pathetic as someone proclaiming that Hitler should have been allowed to dominate the world because his people also loved him..

you do realize that there are ways to regime change without the killing of thousands of innocent people and opening a country to terrorists right?

I never said he treated them good however if you took any time to actually read about the people of iraq instead of just being war happy you would realize that the majority of them are no better off than they were and now they are afraid to leave their houses. They have no one to lead them now, they have uber corrupt police etc etc.

Showing me plans that clinton had means nothing....did I blame this simply on bush? NO I am pointing out, and maybe someday you will wake up to it, that we as a country feel like we have a right to tell the whole world what to do.

We tell other countries they can't build nukes while we stockpile them. We put our noses in places they don't belong and maybe just maybe if we were not hated by so many others in the world we would not have so many fears about terrorist attacks. Ever think of that? Of course you did not because you have an egotistical attitude towards the world that everyone whould see things the way you do.

Also just to straighten it out Hitler killed at the least 6 million people maybe way more. The high estimates for sadam are about 500,000 and that is the high estimate. We have killed well over 100,000 more by being there. Not to even begin to go into the other casualties we have created by our actions in this and other wars

Old 02-02-2010, 07:04 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
no better than the 500,000 iraqi children that were killed during the clinton time frame
In 1988, as the war was winding down, the Iraqi army carried out its murderous and now infamous gas attacks on rebellious Kurdish villages, which it accused of aiding Iran. In response, the U.S. Senate passed by a large margin a bill calling for an end to U.S. military aid to Iraq and for other mild sanctions. But these measures were vigorously opposed by both the Reagan and Bush administrations, which called them "premature" and "misguided," and the Senate bill was eventually killed."

The Betrayal of the Kurds

Old 02-02-2010, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post

this is not about bush or clinton or obama so stop trying to make it so. The only mention of bush is that he is the one who actually started the full scale war.........are you really gonna try to justify dead innocent people in any way? And then you sit back and wonder why would others in the world want to kill americans??? gee I wonder...not because of our agressive actions around the planet

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 AM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
So why did Bushy try to make it sound like we had to invade Iraq because of 9/11 ????????????????????????????????????

9/11 was just so CONVENIENT for the planners of the Iraqi invasion.....wasn't it?

bush never said that Irai was involved in 9/11

what he said was Iraq was involved with alqeada

and so did the Clinton State department

US State Department
November 4, 1999

Bin Laden, Atef Indicted in U.S. Federal Court for African Bombings

New York -- Usama bin Laden and Muhammad Atef were indicted November 4 in Manhattan federal court for the August 7 bombings of the US embassies in Nairobi, Kenya, and Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and for conspiring to kill Americans outside the United States.

Bin Laden's "al Qaeda" organization functioned both on its own and through other terrorist organizations, including the Al Jihad group based in Egypt, the Islamic Group also known as el Gamaa Islamia led at one time by Sheik Omar Abdel Rahman, and a number of other jihad groups in countries such as Sudan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, and Somalia.

Bin Laden, the US Attorney charged, engaged in business transactions on behalf of Al Qaeda, including purchasing warehouses for storage of explosives, transporting weapons, and establishing a series of companies in Sudan to provide income to al Qaeda and as a cover for the procurement of explosives, weapons, and chemicals, and for the travel of operatives.

According to the indictment, bin Laden and al Qaeda forged alliances with the National Islamic Front in Sudan and with representatives of the Government of Iran and its associated terrorist group Hezballah with the goal of working together against their common enemies in the West, particularly the United States.

"In addition, al Qaeda reached an understanding with the Government of Iraq that al Qaeda would not work against that government and that on particular projects, specifically including weapons development, al Qaeda would work cooperatively with the Government of Iraq," the indictment said.

Beginning in 1992, bin Laden allegedly issued through his "fatwah" committees a series of escalating "fatwahs" against the United States, certain military personnel, and, eventually in February 1998, a "fatwah" stating that Muslims should kill Americans -- including civilians -- anywhere in the world they can be found.

--------------------------

Don't forget that a Clinton appointed Federal Judge in Manhatten found Saddam Hussien complicit in the 9-11 attacks to the tune of $300 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies