Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2010, 01:24 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,991,284 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by summers73 View Post
RINOs Irving Kristol Trotskyites would probably label this guy as a self-hating Jew.

summer73 ! ... A most accurate assessment !

Thanks / Lamar
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2010, 01:27 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,230,448 times
I love the videos of hamas gunmen using UN ambulances for transport. LOL @ Libs!

Hey libbies, they execute homosexuals there, yet you love them. Which darling do you love more?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:28 PM

768 posts, read 940,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
You're still on the wrong moral side.

I'm curious, what do you think about Hamas treatment of homosexuals? If they don't kill them, they get them to go on suicide missions. Do you approve?

Why do you turn a blind eye to all of your values if it comes to just being anti israel.

Israel = equal rights, for women and gays...secular

muslim nations = kill homosexuals. run be religious fanatics

simply because you don't like Jews?
I thought you were confused, but it appears you're leaning more towards the side of just unenlightened.

I am half-Jewish. It's not relevant one way or another, because I'm a Man who doesn't need to cling to ancestry to find self-worth. Hatred of Jews is laughable; indeed, I enjoy Israeli culture in-mass and despise Islam. But alas, morally serious people need to look past their preconceived notions and predispositions and digest issues with fairness. A nation of politically similar people cannot effectively enslave a nation of not-so-like-minded folks simply because they are more agreeable politically.

I'd say the same if our Canadian friends were to enslave, say, unfriendly Iranians. The culture is irrelevant for morally serious people. Thus dismissive terms like "self-hated Jew" are not used by serious people, only the unintelligent masses like Senator Lieberman, et al. who need to find self-worth by defending their ancestry's slavery out of some half-witted tribal need, in addition to the host of financial weapons-related deals we have via the public and private sector(s).

Old 02-18-2010, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
I thought you were confused, but it appears you're leaning more towards the side of just unenlightened.

I am half-Jewish. It's not relevant one way or another, because I'm a Man who doesn't need to cling to ancestry to find self-worth. Hatred of Jews is laughable; indeed, I enjoy Israeli culture in-mass and despise Islam. But alas, morally serious people need to look past their preconceived notions and predispositions and digest issues with fairness. A nation of politically similar people cannot effectively enslave a nation of not-so-like-minded folks simply because they are more agreeable politically.

I'd say the same if our Canadian friends were to enslave, say, unfriendly Iranians. The culture is irrelevant for morally serious people. Thus dismissive terms like "self-hated Jew" are not used by serious people, only the unintelligent masses like Senator Lieberman, et al. who need to find self-worth by defending their ancestry's slavery out of some half-witted tribal need, in addition to the host of financial weapons-related deals we have via the public and private sector(s).

there's no such thing as "half jewish"

Do you know any half muslims or half catholics?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:34 PM

731 posts, read 775,032 times
Betamanlet, just stop defending Israel, since the year 1948, more Palestinians have got killed, injured, displaced, arrested, etc. In 2010 alone, 54 Palestinians got injured from Israeli attacks, and 17 used to get injured on weekly basis in 2009. This clearly shows me how peaceful Israel is. A lot of Jews hate Arabs, they hate them the same way some Arabs hate them, so don't try to make them sound innocent, because there is a lot of racist groups in Israel. Buddy you can't fool me about this conflict, i have compared the Arabic media and the western media, and there's a huge difference, the western media is unreliable.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhman92 View Post
Betamanlet, just stop defending Israel, since the year 1948, more Palestinains have got killed, injured, displaced, arrested, etc. In 2010 alone, 54 Palestinians got injured from Israeli attacks, and 17 used to get injured on weekly basis in 2009. This clearly shows me how peaceful Israel is. A lot of Jews hate Arabs, they hate them the same way some Arabs hate them, so don't try to make them sound innocent, because there is a lot of racist groups in Israel.

So why didn't Egypt and Jordan give their beloved palestinian "brothers" independence between 1948 - 1967?

Why did Jordan kill more of their arab brother palestinians in 1970 than israel has in 40 years?

Jews aren't taught to hate arabs from their day of birth. I must have missed the Jewish cartoons praising suicide bombers and teachinig them to hate arabs. I must have skipped hebrew school that day...

www.memri.org

look up farfur on youtube...

Do you know anyone from pakistan? Ask them what they were taught about Jews. I had lots of pakistani friends growing up, and they all said they were taught to hate Jews, but realized it was BS. What does Israel have to do with pakistan?

Old 02-18-2010, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I keep wondering if Egypt might remember the ass kicking they took at the hands of the Israelis in 1967. That war was my favorite of all time in that the Israelis took their old World War II Pershing tanks and stomped the best that Russia had to offer which they were gladly sharing with the Egyptians. It was so amazing that each Arab country wanted to take Israel on one country at a time. As it turned out that was very smart because if they all came at them at once the Israelis would have had to fight back even harder than they did.
roysoldboy ! ... That was a most interesting battle at that !

My friend I had almost forgotten that one and will read up on it again for a refresher !

Perhaps we are at the proper time in our history to seriously consider a permanent homeland for the Palestinian People.

It appears to me at least that these folks have struggled long and hard for some earthy real estate to call their home !

Why is it so difficult for so much of the world even today, to realize the tremendous signifigance of a "Homeland" for these folks .

Now roysoldboy ... I how deduced by your many excellent, commonsense posts here on CDF that you are a logical and most wise person.

Perhaps you would not mind expanding on the above mentioned content regarding the Palestinian People and their continual struggle for a homeland.

Thank You / Lamar

Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 PM

1,263 posts, read 2,328,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by betamanlet View Post
So why didn't Egypt and Jordan give their beloved palestinian "brothers" independence between 1948 - 1967?

Why did Jordan kill more of their arab brother palestinians in 1970 than israel has in 40 years?

Jews aren't taught to hate arabs from their day of birth. I must have missed the Jewish cartoons praising suicide bombers and teachinig them to hate arabs. I must have skipped hebrew school that day...

www.memri.org

look up farfur on youtube...

Do you know anyone from pakistan? Ask them what they were taught about Jews. I had lots of pakistani friends growing up, and they all said they were taught to hate Jews, but realized it was BS. What does Israel have to do with pakistan?
You've been presenting facts and arguments which justify Israel's defensive actions.
But understand who you are conversing with. To them it's not really a matter of what Israel does or doesn't do. It's not Israeli policy that bothers them, it's Israeli existence!
You're wasting your time.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamontnow View Post
You've been presenting facts and arguments which justify Israel's defensive actions.
But understand who you are conversing with. To them it's not really a matter of what Israel does or doesn't do. It's not Israeli policy that bothers them, it's Israeli existence!
You're wasting your time.
Yeah, I know.. I mean, that the existance of Israel is their problem with Israel.

Old 02-18-2010, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkin about it View Post
I could explain, but I don't care to, because it's irrelevant. You're attempting to dodge the crux of the moral issue by saying "other people do bad things, too!" which is, of course, a non-argument.

Israel holds Palestinians as modern day prisoners with an internationally-determined illegal occupation, and the West doesn't say a word.

Sad stuff that otherwise reasonable people try to use sloppy moral relativism to justify the unjustifiable.
thinking about it ! ... Indeed the so called modern world seriously needs to take a closer look at the "Palestinian Homeland" issue.

May we be witness to positive progress regarding the establishing of a permanent homeland for these folks.

Perhaps a greater peace in the region shall be a blessed result .

Thanks / Lamar
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies