Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:34 AM

37,971 posts, read 22,151,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
exactly

rush and others opposed and wanted the immigration bill to fail....and since bush was behind it...rush and others wanted bush to fail on those policies too
According to these Kool-aid drinkers, any time any congressman or senator votes NO on an 0bama agenda item, they want the country to fail. With that logic, why even have a yea or nay vote, why even have a congress or senate? When the president is elected, he writes the laws, goes to war, spends money and no one can express a dissenting opinion, because to do so is wishing the president to fail, and thereby wanting the country to fail.

Threads like this only get started because liberals glug the Kool-aid too long and forget to breath, and they starve their brain for oxygen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 AM

646 posts, read 801,533 times
To me it seemed the liberals were overjoyed each day they could report bad news out of Iraq under the Bush administration.I will go so far to say they wanted us to fail in Iraq to better their chances on election day.That is sorry

Old 02-03-2010, 09:53 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Is it difficult to understand that Rush views an Obama failure as an American victory?

Because his policies will cause Americans to suffer? It's so easy to dismiss and call people names instead of actual thinking through what Obama wants to do.

Example - US military men being put into prison versus the Ft. Hood suicide killer and the KSM trial - looks to me like an Obama victory to imprison Americans and defend Islamic terrorists causes Americans to suffer. Less people will desire to go into the services because the government won't defend them. That hurts America. Terrorists are more emboldened because the threat of punishment is now less with this administration - that hurts America.

By the way - did anyone notice Gates twice saying that KSM should be executed? If that ever gets to civilian trial - the defense can claim jury tampering and he could be let go.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXboomerang View Post
This conservative did not vote for Bush in 2004. Did not vote for McCain/Palin in 2008. Yeah, blind support for Republicans...
If democrats would run candidates that were not snake oil salesman and inept fools, they may have won in 2000 or 2004.

The hatred for Lieberman since 2004 was very public, and he was your VP choice in 2000, and al Gore has turned into a joke. Then you guys ran the two Johns in '04, have you seen the stories on John Edwards lately, and tell me where the hell has the leadership of John Kerry been during 2004-2010??

Everything we said about the character of John Edwards back in 2004 has been proven to be true, we knew a snake and a charlatan when we saw one, and everything we said about 0bama is being proven true too. I think the left needs to wake the hell up and see the crap their politicians are shoveling, because it sure as hell is not peaches and cream.

Old 02-03-2010, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
To me it seemed the liberals were overjoyed each day they could report bad news out of Iraq under the Bush administration.I will go so far to say they wanted us to fail in Iraq to better their chances on election day.That is sorry
I don't see NBC, CBS, ABC, MSNBC, CNBC or CNN doing daily body counts of US service men and women as a way to jump into hours of discussion about the war any more, even though casualties are rising. Even NPR has backed off on the radio shows about the tragedies of war that they played almost daily. 0bama is expanding the war, and not a peep from the libs, all because Bush is not the president anymore.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:05 PM

135 posts, read 139,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mary phagan View Post
They certainly were happy to give any negative report daily during the Bush admin. They were like little kids who tattled to mommy just to watch the another kid get in trouble.
With the dems, it's always about furthering their agenda. AND, if Obama was honest and forthright, there would be no power behind or effect because of Rush's words.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:24 PM
CSG

201 posts, read 383,101 times
It's threads like this where the American left shows us what type of people they really are.

Limbaugh wants Obama to fail because his policies and goals are an unmitigated disaster for the USA. I want Obama to fail too.

So what do we hear from the hypocrites on the left who spent 8 years (and still today) hoping Bush failed and died?? They insult Rush and wish him death for saying why he hopes Obama fails. It's idiots like these that made me leave the democrat party 35 years ago. I've never seen such a hypocritical mean-spirited group as the American left and ALL OF THEIR IDEAS need to FAIL. You're nothing but a bunch of thugs and you show us that on forums like this one daily.

Old 02-03-2010, 12:26 PM

2,170 posts, read 2,861,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Rush Limbaugh: 'Thank God' Obama is failing - TwinCities.com

Rush Limbaugh: 'Thank God' Obama is failing

Sure, you disagree with how he runs things. Which is good. We need people to balance things out and debate issues.
But I am horrified that people want their President to fail, and therefore their country to fail.
I want Obama to fail completely. He's not the country by the way and the country he would like to remake us in to wouldn't be worth defending. So I hope he fails in everything he tries. The good news is: he's pretty much a lame duck at this point seeing as he's failed utterly since day one.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:57 PM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archan View Post
How come the people have spoken only applies to when the Republicans win? Because the people have spoken and Obama is our president for the next 3 to 7 years. To want him to fail is to want America to fail. Rush is a hypocrite. Hasn't he bellowed about how drug addicts should be thrown in prison, yet he is one.
Once again, he meant those who use illegal drugs, not prescription drugs.

And, btw, he is not a drug addict.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:15 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
Rush limbaugh is to the conservatives as Michael Moore is to the liberals.

Both of them make convincing arguments, however, Rush's are rooted in fact and experience. I agree Rush has a bit of a harsh tone, but what he SAYS is true and fundamentally sound and logical. It has nothing to do with drinking the koolaid or right wing propaganda or any of that liberal garbage... When you LISTEN to what the man is saying, after you liberals get past making fun of him for being overly aggressive, you'll realize that what he is saying has meaning and logically makes sense.

But alas, you liberals will disagree, and I know that for a fact... so what is the point?
So apparently you agree with some of his racist rants
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies