Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 09:18 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
According to these Kool-aid drinkers, any time any congressman or senator votes NO on an 0bama agenda item, they want the country to fail. With that logic, why even have a yea or nay vote, why even have a congress or senate? When the president is elected, he writes the laws, goes to war, spends money and no one can express a dissenting opinion, because to do so is wishing the president to fail, and thereby wanting the country to fail.

Threads like this only get started because liberals glug the Kool-aid too long and forget to breath, and they starve their brain for oxygen.
Lets put it this way, I could not stand Bush, I always thought that he was an embarrashment to the country. I NEVER hoped that he would fail! I only wanted him to do what was right for the country and not special interest groups (oil/war) that put american lives in peril
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2010, 09:21 PM

20,293 posts, read 37,183,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMathYou View Post
Rush Limbaugh: 'Thank God' Obama is failing - TwinCities.com

Rush Limbaugh: 'Thank God' Obama is failing

Sure, you disagree with how he runs things. Which is good. We need people to balance things out and debate issues.
But I am horrified that people want their President to fail, and therefore their country to fail.
I have no idea if it's patriotic or not, but I do agree with Rush is regards to hoping for Obama's policies to fail, at least these:

-Healthcare
-Cap and tax
-Taking over the private sector

Old 02-03-2010, 09:22 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,413,498 times
My bet is that Obama will resign to maintain some dignity or he will be impeached for gross incompetence.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:28 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,573,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
My bet is that Obama will resign to maintain some dignity or he will be impeached for gross incompetence.
How much you want to bet? I am serious. Let's do it. If Obama resigns or gets impeached, I will personally send you a check for the amount we agree on. If he does not and is still in office by 2012, you send me a check for the amount we agree on.

Lets do it.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:28 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Sorry, not going to happen. Everyone does not see the doom and gloom that you do. He is not going to resign and to answer the OP, yes it is unpatriotic.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:29 PM

3,436 posts, read 2,949,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post
How much you want to bet? I am serious. Let's do it. If Obama resigns or gets impeached, I will personally send you a check for the amount we agree on. If he does not and is still in office by 2012, you send me a check for the amount we agree on.

Lets do it.

I want in.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theliberalvoice View Post

Lets do it.
I am not naive enough to give personal information to internet strangers. If Obama resigns or is impeached please give at least $100 to your favorite charity. If he serves his full term I promise to do the same.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:37 PM

Quote:
I am not naive enough to give personal information to internet strangers. If Obama resigns or is impeached please give at least $100 to your favorite charity. If he serves his full term I promise to do the same.
Fine. Lets do it.

Which charity would you want me to donate $100 too? My charity? I want you to donate to pro choice America.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:38 PM

St. Judes. No child will be turned away because the parents cannot pay. I promise to donate to Pro Choice America if I am wrong.

Old 02-03-2010, 09:48 PM

Quote:
St. Judes. No child will be turned away because the parents cannot pay. I promise to donate to Pro Choice America if I am wrong.
No problem. It is on. Talk to you in 2012 or whenever he resigns or is impeached.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies