Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2010, 09:29 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times

Advertisements

It's intriguing to encounter such an intense ideologue as yourself because the perspective you have on issues is truly intriguing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I just have to ask; What event would cause his numbers to "skyrocket"?

The UE staying above 10% for most of 2010?
Any economist would tell you that unemployment is the last to recover and, even if left to itself, there was no way it was going to drop in 09. Of course, all the other indicators moving in the positive direction don't matter to you. You hold out for the magic carpet to whisk us to the last step so you can hold it over Obama for as looooooong as possible.

I'll ask again that you acknowledge Reagan's high unemployment 3 years into his presidency as the failure of a horrible president. Fair is fair, kid.

Quote:
The dissemination of his reckless budget filled with overspending and tax hikes?
Actually, he's given MASSIVE tax cuts to the middle class (that's what the Dems do with a progressive tax system) and has done what every country has done: spent in a deficit to keep capital moving through the economy and keep it from collapsing.

Mission accomplished. Recovery in process. Another year of deficit spending and then a concerted effort to cut the deficit in half.

Quote:
The passage of health care? I think it is clear by now, the American people are on to his lies, misleading statements and empty rhetoric and they definately do not like his obamacare.
eh... a lot of the health care problems were just due to the intense insurance lobby pushing disinformation. Everything from death panels to "socialized medicine". Ha. lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2010, 09:31 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,705,136 times
Quote:
I'll post this again;

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Its the trend, a beautiful negative slope, that is the point. And ALL the polls show the same trend, for his individual approval numbers AND obamacare numbers. In fact, the same can be said for ALL domestic issues - he is on the wrong side of the people.

Why would I be feeling like a hypocrite?

Trust me, I can take anything any leftist can dish out.....
You're a hypocrite because you only have the courage to post Obama's approval ratings alone. If you posted his along side all the other presidents - especially Reagan - you would see a very predictable trend.

Yawn. He's almost where Clinton was at this point, and he certainly went down as a strong president.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:35 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,984,492 times
Quote:
I'll post this again;

RealClearPolitics - Election Other - President Obama Job Approval

Its the trend, a beautiful negative slope, that is the point. And ALL the polls show the same trend, for his individual approval numbers AND obamacare numbers. In fact, the same can be said for ALL domestic issues - he is on the wrong side of the people.
Yes ... the polls do show the same trend.

UPWARD !!!

See the OP for proof.

Quote:
Why would I be feeling like a hypocrite?
You are "lightening fast" to be the first one to create a brand new poll thread whenever Obama drops 2 points.

But you are critical of the left when a new thread is created showing Obama has gone up by 2 points.

Sorry ... but if you don't feel like a "hypocrite" ... then I seriously doubt you know the meaning of the word?

Quote:
Trust me, I can take anything any leftist can dish out.....
Except for threads that show Obama rising in the polls.

My, my .... how they bother you so !!!

Old 02-03-2010, 02:43 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Actually, he's given MASSIVE tax cuts to the middle class (that's what the Dems do with a progressive tax system) and has done what every country has done: spent in a deficit to keep capital moving through the economy and keep it from collapsing.

Mission accomplished. Recovery in process. Another year of deficit spending and then a concerted effort to cut the deficit in half.
Well, according to the polls, no one believe he has given "massive" tax cuts and he hasn't.

You are so off base, it is not even funny. He has taken capital OUT of the economy to distribute how he sees fit, usually tied up in bureaucratic red tape, padding government employment, spreading it around to his supporters and cronies.

You have looked at his budget, haven't you? You must realize he has $1 TRILLION dollar deficits for the next 10+ years?

Again, the gullible continue to believe the BS that comes out of his mouth.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:44 PM

4,301 posts, read 7,033,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RD5050 View Post
You are "lightening fast" to be the first one to create a brand new poll thread whenever Obama drops 2 points.

But you are critical of the left when a new thread is created showing Obama has gone up by 2 points.

Sorry ... but if you don't feel like a "hypocrite" ... then I seriously doubt you know the meaning of the word?
Not to be cynical, but I believe it was you that posted at least 3 threads when the DJIA went above 10,000, yet were totally silent when it dipped back into the 9,000 range a week later..

Fortunately I could care less about approval ratings, because popularity does not necessarily equate to sustenance or a good president. 50 years from now, nobody is going to care about approval ratings, we are going to care about margin of victory in elections (if even that), economic policy and performance, as well as government initiatives under leadership of the president. That is why presidents like Nixon are regarded as effective politicians with a successful track record, despite his low approval ratings after the Watergate Scandal. Although, I do find it a bit ironic that both Bush's hit the highest recorded approval ratings during their presidencies.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Yes ... the polls do show the same trend.

UPWARD !!!

See the OP for proof.
Oh please, I'm dying of laughter over here. Please, show me that upward trend. From a high of 70% to a low below 50%, in less than a year. That's some accomplishment.

Quote:
So I guess when you come in to make excuses about his tanking poll numbers, that would be hypocritical as well?

Don't bother me in the least.

If as the experts claim, UE will be hovering around 10% throughout this year, I can't see his polls numbers sky rocketing much.

One other thing you fail to recognize/acknowledge - that 2 point uptick is from democrats, which is basically preaching to the choir and meaningless - he still bleeds Indies and those are the voters who decide elections.

Old 02-03-2010, 02:54 PM

2,404 posts, read 4,402,348 times
Obama's big mistake was to think that the Republicans actually wanted to work together instead of just giving it lip service. Obama is definately smart enough not to be fooled again.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:02 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,439,927 times
I find it comical how people really put so much stock into polls. I have a question for EVERYONE posting on this thread.

Were YOU or a family member polled recently about Obama's approval rating?

The % of people asked is so small that it hardly is concrete evidence that Obama is on the up take or the down for that matter. Polls are stupid.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
You're a hypocrite because you only have the courage to post Obama's approval ratings alone. If you posted his along side all the other presidents - especially Reagan - you would see a very predictable trend.

Yawn. He's almost where Clinton was at this point, and he certainly went down as a strong president.
No other president has fallen so far so fast - that is just an inescapable fact.

Couple that with the "hope", "change" and "promise" he was supposed to usher in and the results are glaring.

Old 02-03-2010, 03:08 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,074,281 times
Plato said "Patience is a cardinal vitue".

Not sure why the economy is any different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies