Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2010, 10:13 PM

8,762 posts, read 11,571,721 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
This is still a strange thread.

Reading this, I wonder if I would've gotten the same slack as Liberalvoice if I would've made a comment like "I hate my white skin and wish I were darker"?

I would gladly trade my European features for those that are more "exotic". Years when I used to tan and dye my hair black it was always a mystery-"What are you? Native American? Asian? Indian?" When I would tell the man my nationalities, they would walk away, disappointed I was just another white girl. These days, I pretty much have come to accept my "whiteness" and the way I look, even though I don't always care for it. Sure beats tanning beds and chemicals.

Liebralvoice, were you born in the States?
I am not sure. I think it depends where in the USA, you were. In the South they might be angry if you did not like your whiteness.

Ahem. I am not the LIEbralvoice but the liberalvoice, thank you so much I certainly HOPE that was typo. But no, I was not born in USA. Funny thing is when people ask me if I was born in US or India, I smile and say none. They then ask me with a puzzled look "Where?" I say "CANADA!"

Yes but Canada is close enough to USA in terms of race and social acceptance. The culture is more similar versus comparing US to India.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2010, 10:27 PM

4,593 posts, read 9,194,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
The reason humans become so much different than each other, is because of a lack of mobility. Before the last 500 hundred years or so. Almost all people would live their entire lives never going much more than maybe 20 miles from their homes. Almost the only exceptions were traders, nobility, and the military.

Remember, humans and primates all came from a single ancestor. Also, humans and neanderthals shared the same ancestor about 700,000 years ago. And humans and neanderthals largely lived nearby each other and mated within each population group until about 300,000 years ago. Modern humans didn't really appear till about 250,000 years ago. And the last time humans shared a largely common ancestor was about 160,000 years ago.

The world has become smaller, and will continue to become smaller and smaller as transportation technology gets better and better, and economies become more global. The primary walls between countries(and thereby ethnicities) right now is economic equalibrium. Americans don't generally move to Africa, but Africans come to America because America has far more economic opportunities.

Once(if) Africa becomes economically equal to America, or possibly even more successful. You will see a flood of migrants into Africa(if they allow them). Which will cause large "mixing" in Africa. And at some point because of the global nature of the world, we will all become much more similar than different.

There will still be some diversity, but it will be greatly diminished. At some point blonde hair, red hair, and brown hair will be gone. There will only be black hair, and brown eyes(outside of maybe random occurences and from albinism).

There will be no more excessively white skin, and excessively black skin(dark chocolate). There will be basically between light brown and dark brown skin(which is because of standard genetic variation of skin color even within relatively small populations).

I would say the great bulk of diversity will be lost.
The neanderthals died out 30,000 years ago in Europe. Modern Homo Sapiens( us) didn't meet Neanderthals until 35,000-40,000 years ago. The Neanderthals Human species lived between 250,000-30,000 years ago. They were here before Homo Sapiens(modern humans). Homo Sapiens evolved in Africa between 120,000-200,000 years ago.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 02-04-2010 at 10:54 PM..

Old 02-04-2010, 10:46 PM

3,219 posts, read 7,080,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
Of couse they would have "cut you some slack". Nobody would have cared about it

PM me, Liberalvoice!
So, is it acceptable for a white woman to hate herself and her skin color, but it's not acceptable for a non-white to hate herself and her skin color?

Old 02-05-2010, 12:36 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,206,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
So, is it acceptable for a white woman to hate herself and her skin color, but it's not acceptable for a non-white to hate herself and her skin color?
Yes, that is exactly what it is.

For whites to want to be another race, that means there is equality of the races. For anyone else to want to be white, is to believe that whites are better than every other race.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:43 AM

805 posts, read 1,509,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reconmark View Post
You are not this totally clueless....are you??

I've proven my argument with intelligence...whereas yours is a pointless question that reveals nothing but your own deficiency.

Let me give you a bright idea: Start using your own brain for starters...and stop being scared, hypersensitive, PC, and the regurgitator of popular opinion. Please do this forum that favor...you'll feel better!

Old 02-05-2010, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
You need to get your hearing checked then...My statement is concerning this particular issue. Show me one vanity fair magazine where they listed the "up and coming young stars" that included a minority. I'm well aware that Minorities have graced the covers in the past, I'm also very aware of their monthly as well as annual and special circulations.

Why should any private magazine be diverse anyway? It's all about what the owner wants to do with their own magazine. When diversity becomes mainstream, then being homogenous will become special. Things come and go, so who cares?!

If you want a diverse magazine, create one. Take power into your own hands...do something! Nobody owes anybody any representation especially in this type of magazine.

Nobody's entitled. But that flies in the face of the nation of whiners, I suppose.

Old 02-05-2010, 01:56 AM

Look, why is the BLONDE HAIR DYE the most popular? All kinds of women use it, including black women. Does Beyonce hate herself? I doubt it. She's just trying to look attractive with straight blonde hair, like all the other celebs.

People want to be white as much as they just like the "golden" color.

Why is GOLD such a coveted metal? It really is no better than silver, copper, or platinum as an element. But people just love gold. They love the glittering color! People are naturally attracted to brightness than darkness. That is why blondes attract a lot of attention.

This does not mean dark skinned people who date whites necessarily hate themselves, or white people who tan hate themselves. Sure many do, but not all. I separate self-love and self-hate from specific color appreciation for hair and skin.

Years ago, fair creamy skin was the ideal in America. Not anymore. A golden-honey tan is preferable now. Tastes change over time, it's only natural. Thick lips used to be considered unattractive. Now, they are coveted! Things change. Soon, afros will be in. Just wait!

Subtleties, folks. Subtleties!

Old 02-05-2010, 03:26 AM

31 posts, read 35,062 times
Came for lulz; left deeply saddened.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:40 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Nice that you speak for every white person, Fortunately for them, YOUR WRONG.
I was being sarcastic.

Old 02-05-2010, 05:53 AM

2,422 posts, read 2,278,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Like I've said to others, I've seen your posts. You're not a racist now; you've been one for quite a while. And if the word "qualified" refers to level of training, we could certainly say that if there are disparities in numbers of certain people in access to said training, the need for affirmative action and diversity programs is that much more obvious.
You've seen my posts, good now you think you know were I stand. I am sick of every time a White person has an opinion concerning anything about race and the conversation doesn't go your way, black people come out of the woodwork screaming racism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies