Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:02 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aveojohn View Post
Maybe Vanity Fair hired people because they were qualified instead of hiring people because of the color of there skin
there have been some highly qualified nonwhite actresses that have been mentioned on here. maybe this is just affirmative action for untalented or minimally talented white actresses?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2010, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Very easily, thanks.
I always thought that you are Asian?

Old 02-06-2010, 05:12 PM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Whites being proud of their culture? Do you mean slavery, oppression, and worldwide economic and military domination?

Do you mean Hitler? And Francis Galton and his Social darwinism that fed eugenics and miscegenation laws in the United States, and all over the world? Do you mean anti-semeticism? Do you mean imperialism? And colonialization? Do you mean the exploitation of the worlds natural resources to build your empires?

How on earth could whites be proud of their ancestors and culture?

Or electricity, X-Rays,cars, Albert Einstein, Gutenberg, computers, Internet, U.S of A etc. Just to name a few.
Speaking of bigotry, your post pretty much sounds like just that.

Your post is utterly dumb and extremely ignorant. If you think you can lump me together with those people (Antisemitism, Hitler etc. ), then you're dead wrong.

Btw. Antisemitism is not a "white-thing", unfortunately. You'll find that in other countries as well. Especially in Muslim countries in Africa.
Visit your local Holocaust museum.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:14 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,994,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
For crying out loud - GET OVER IT ... AND YOURSELF
Greatday ! ...

Now that's what I call a fantastic example of of young people !
Great looking, clean cut, and healthy. A true source of American Pride !

Good Job Vanity Fair Magazine ! Keep up the great work ...

Thanks / Lamar

Old 02-06-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
there have been some highly qualified nonwhite actresses that have been mentioned on here. maybe this is just affirmative action for untalented or minimally talented white actresses?
So what? There would not have been an outcry if it had been 10 Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc. Get over over. Sometimes I'm wondering if it's just this forum here, or if people in general are so anal about everything.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XodoX View Post
So what? There would not have been an outcry if it had been 10 Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc. Get over over. Sometimes I'm wondering if it's just this forum here, or if people in general are so anal about everything.
YES, there would be an outcry. since hollywood is overwhelmingly white, it would be a very obvious attmept to put them on the cover, solely not based on merit but on some other agenda.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
YES, there would be an outcry. since hollywood is overwhelmingly white, it would be a very obvious attmept to put them on the cover, solely not based on merit but on some other agenda.
So, you are saying there has NEVER been a cover with only Blacks, Asians, Hispanics etc. ? Because I can not remember an outry about this...

Old 02-06-2010, 05:45 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Or electricity, X-Rays,cars, Albert Einstein, Gutenberg, computers, Internet, U.S of A etc. Just to name a few.
Speaking of bigotry, your post pretty much sounds like just that.

Your post is utterly dumb and extremely ignorant. If you think you can lump me together with those people (Antisemitism, Hitler etc. ), then you're dead wrong.

Btw. Antisemitism is not a "white-thing", unfortunately. You'll find that in other countries as well. Especially in Muslim countries in Africa.
Visit your local Holocaust museum.

Why will you only let me lump you into the group if they are good, but I can't lump you into a group that is bad?

Is George Bush not an American and white, just because you don't like him? That is silly.

Hitler was white, so is Bill Gates. If you take one as your own, you have to take them all.

Old 02-06-2010, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Why will you only let me lump you into the group if they are good, but I can't lump you into a group that is bad?

Is George Bush not an American just because you don't like him? That is silly.

Hitler was white, so is Bill Gates. If you take one as your own, you have to take them all.
No. You don't get the point. We are talking about being proud of something ( as if one can be proud of his race, didn't accomplish anything).

Old 02-06-2010, 06:02 PM

14,848 posts, read 8,207,531 times
Quote:
Quote:
No. You don't get the point. We are talking about being proud of something ( as if one can be proud of his race, didn't accomplish anything).
You said I couldn't lump you in with "those people"(hitler). So why do you get to CHOOSE who I lump you together with?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies